The current STSI got me thinking
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/diablo2/stsi/s...stsi.php?id=123

Thank you for this screenshot, as it has drawn my attention to something I've never really noticed until now.

If the fresco paintings on the tomb walls are supposed to depict Tal Rasha's containment of Baal, why is the soulstone coloured red when Baal's is obviously yellow? <_<
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
.... I could be misinterpreting the pic , but , it looks like theres a couple red drops below the body , so I'm guessing this was qite a painfully messy process ..... ;) .... maybe instead of being bloody , the stone changes colors under different circumstances ?
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
TaMeOlta,Oct 9 2003, 12:37 PM Wrote:.... I could be misinterpreting the pic , but , it looks like theres a couple red drops below the body , so I'm guessing this was qite a painfully messy process ..... ;) .... maybe instead of being bloody , the stone changes colors under different circumstances ?
This or its a mess up on Blizzards fault. But do not report this bug until 1.10 comes out so they don't delay it even more.
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.
The soulstone in Diablo 1 was red. In the D2 cinematics it's yellow, but in Tal Rasha's chamber I can't really remember what it was. Perhaps it turns yellow when it's corrupted, like Baal used it. However, I do recall that in D1 the soulstone was red, and that was Diablo's. The soulstone for Mephisto is blue, and thus, it is very very very likely that the next primary color, yellow, is Baal's. Like the other guy said, I think it was probably just bloody in the picture. Otherwise it was a minor oversight on Blizzard's part.
In war, intelligence is the single greatest commodity.
I'm putting money on it being an oversight :)

Seriously, it's the one bet you can't fail on. Even death is uncertain.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:The soulstone for Mephisto is blue, and thus, it is very very very likely that the next primary color, yellow, is Baal's.

the three primary colours are red, green and blue, if we're talking the additive colour system. look closer at your screen. yellow is composed of 50% red and 50% green.
I've never heard of the additive colour system. Could you elaborate? I'm just curious. :)
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Additive is when different colours of light add together to give a new colour. That's what happens with computer monitors. Every colour there is represented by some quantity of red, green and blue.

The other system is subtractive, with different colours blocking out more of the light. That's what happens with printed materials; you start with white paper and print varying amounts of yellow, cyan and magenta (also black, in many cases) to get all the different colours. Subtractive is also used when mixing paints and pigments.

Red, yellow and blue are not primary colours. However, as red is sort of like magenta and blue is sort of like cyan (depending on the specific hue of red and blue), so those approximate the subtractive system.
Very interesting. Thanks for the post, I was aware of the "subtractive" system (my girlfriend's a photo buff) but I've never heard it referred to as such, either. Seems I need to read up! :D
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
In painting, decorating, etc, the three primary colors are red, blue and yellow. This has to do with mixing colors to get different pigments with paints rather than light (since you can't really get 50% yellow +50% red when you have paints). Maybe the horadrim just didn't have enough yellow ;)
Xergon,Oct 11 2003, 11:31 PM Wrote:In painting, decorating, etc, the three primary colors are red, blue and yellow.
i've never understood that. don't you have to use whites and blacks to get good shades, and other several 100 to get unique ones? with CMYK for example it can't produce such a good spectrum, if you print something(even good converted) it'll usually be grey when colours blend to black.

Quote:Maybe the horadrim just didn't have enough yellow ;)

what about the 8-bit palette though, does it have any strong yellows? just muted ones from act 2 i'd guess, so the gem wouldn't have looked very gem-y in the yellow shades available.

or maybe the artists where just said to "make a big gem and some body and blood" :D
adamantine,Oct 11 2003, 07:12 PM Wrote:the three primary colours are red, green and blue
Red, green and blue? I think it is yellow instead of green because blue and yellow together are green!
That is only when mixing paints and such. If you have to different colored lights, then green and blue will make yellow (IIRC).
With lights, red and green make yellow.

With paints, yellow and cyan (not blue) make green.
Red and green... I got one right. :P
Yellow paint... on a biege wall. Yeah.... <_<
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
I figure that if it is good enough for the (fill in the blank "unimpressed by partner's romantic prowess" person here) it's good enough for the Horadrim as they buried Tal Rasha. He did after all get the old "chain be down and treat me dirty, oh stick that rock hard thing into me" bit there at the last, that nasty old pervert. No wonder Baal comes off as such a twisted jerko. Maybe he really did want them to paint the ceiling beige . . . but as to the World Stone Keep, and its ceiling painting . . . Hmmmmm

The nympho says "that's all?"

The hooker says "that's all!"

The (fill in the blank) says "Beige, I think I'll paint the ceiling beige."

Given the hor ad rim phonetic link, I am still looking for the punch line.

Maybe it's the horadrim shot, as in hor ad rim shot, which would then mean that Baal's soulstone is all you get. (add rim shot sound effect here.) Or, in other words, there is no Diablo III, since Baal's Soulstone destroyed, (with the worldstone?????) and it all simply means that after the sword penetrates the holy Worldstone's outer membrane:

"That's all!" (Bah dump, chah!)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
edit: never mind, just...nevermind...
NiteFox,Oct 10 2003, 06:18 PM Wrote:I'm putting money on it being an oversight :)

Seriously, it's the one bet you can't fail on.&nbsp; Even death is uncertain.
"For all that you simians might know, I may have surpassed the primitive clutch of death itself."

"Ah, but Edwin, do you know the name of the old god of the sea?"

"Erm... No..."

"Everything dies, Edwin. The dust of a god does not look too different from the ashes of you, or I."

:lol:
"One day, o-n-e day..."
The ichor of blood, strangely enough, is ochre. :P