Yep, I'm crazy
Empty post
Do unto others before they do unto you
Check the links section of this very site ;-)

Selby
Empty post
Quote:I did, half of them don't even work.

Did you, now? Because I just did and only two links brought up "Cannot find" pages. The first: VK's page. Phrozen Keep's host crashed and all their hosted sites went with it. The second: Z&Z's forum. Their forum moved and I haven't updated the link yet. It's here.

Now, I know we have more than four links at the LL. How is it two counts as "half"?

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Empty post
Quote:I found more than that, all of the V&K site's I tried weren't available, Vectors Modworkshop and Maranar's Modmaking site were down. trust me, I JUST tried.

So, you expect me to update links that aren't on the Lounge?

Lelorinel,

The best place to get modding information is at The Dark Forums. You've already made a post there - all the people there (including myself) would be more than happy to give you a hand in the modding department.

That is probably the ONLY online Diablo modding forum left...

Hope to hear from you soon at The Dark Forums.

~ Allo
Empty post
Lemmy is Cain??

I pictured him more for the town drunk...
Oh well guess that means that:

I Call Dibs On Farnham!! WHOO!
Empty post
If you do SP, make Zhar the Mad, the Advocate on level 8, Pete the Flamer.

Make Black Jade or Red Vex "Rogue On Caffeine" or "Occhi on Caffeine."

Just a couple of suggestions.

change Wirt's Name to Bill Roper. :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
GARRRG!!!???!?!!!?!?!???!?!!!??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Hey Lemming, I just got called Garrrg!!

(note to Leloinel: You are supposed to forget to include the second "r")

I dunno what I should be called 'exactally' (Lemmy may have some better ideas), but I do know that the role of the drunk guy is quite fitting:
I've been around a while.
I'm always there listening (lurking), but never really contributing anything.
There's really no point to me being there other than comic relief.
People always spell my name wrong (Farnam, Farhnam, Farham, Farhan....)

It's just, just, PERFECT!

P.S. I will thank you for the honor as soon as you learn to spell my name correctly.

P.P.S. Then again, maybe the name "should" be Grarrrg mis-spelled. That way everyone would know who you're referring to....
"Just relax Lemming"

Somebody says links aren't working on the Lounge. I note that said links aren't on the Lounge. I'm the one not "relaxed." To that I'd say relaxation is relative: If you weren't so relaxed, Dorothy, you would've noticed you weren't in Kansas anymore. (/DrCox)

Quote:Lemming, I didn't mean any offense.

It's about irritating, not offense. Exaggerations like "half of them don't even work" serve only to construct a characiture that makes the Lounge look bad and you look helpless. But the Lounge's links didn't all suddenly die and you most certainly aren't helpless. As such, you could've gotten help faster by saying "The links to X and Y's Modmaking Workshop don't work" than by saying half the LL's links are dead. The former tells us precisely what your problem is. The latter irritates me.

Quote:I'm just frustrated bacause the instructions I got weren't exactly that helpful.

You'll find that many posters here have a philosophy that goes a little something like this: Give a man a fish and feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and he'll eat for the rest of his life. Selby was teaching you how to fish.

Indeed, his advice was quite good, if you think about it. You found exactly what you were instructed to, you just didn't know it. That's irony. ;)

You know how many people over the years have asked me to teach them to make a mod? How many that wanted me to do it? How many that didn't even understand the basic concepts of hex editing let alone assembly modification?

I don't have the time to teach everyone the basics anymore and so many other sites cover it in much greater detail. If you don't want to do a little gruntwork now, you're in for a surprise in the modmaking scene...

Selby
Well, apparently all i'm doing here is stepping on other peoples toes and getting underfoot. Consider the project canceled.
Nor got a mod made. :D

Hey, that's almost . . . poetic!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Well, apparently all i'm doing here is stepping on other peoples toes and getting underfoot. Consider the project canceled.

We're saying Try harder not Stop trying. You've got the tools: the trick is knowing how to use them. Z&Z's Mod Workshop helps greatly in that department, at least for basic things (data table changes). Assembly's a different ballgame. They have good notes on that, but you'll need some sort of reference to make sense of it. I believe they recommend Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual for that.

You guys don't seem to care one way or the other, all i'm getting is criticism, and Selby, I never asked for your help in the first place. And lemming, if those sites don't work, then why don't you close htem?
Quote:You guys don't seem to care one way or the other, all i'm getting is criticism
Ah but it's constructive criticism.
But I told that kid a hundred times "Don't take the Lakes for granted.
They go from calm to a hundred knots so fast they seem enchanted."
But tonight some red-eyed Wiarton girl lies staring at the wall,
And her lover's gone into a white squall.
Quote:You guys don't seem to care one way or the other, all i'm getting is criticism

That's due to how you're behaving, not your ideas. Cancelling your project only hurts you.

Quote:Selby, I never asked for your help in the first place.

Neither did you ask for anyone else's help specifically. Therefore your query was open to everyone.

Quote:And lemming, if those sites don't work, then why don't you close htem?

Because the three links that you mentioned (Diablomods, Vectors Modworkshop, Maranar's Modmaking Site) aren't on the Lounge.

-Lem