Another Blizzard Crackdown
From http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?F...Count=0#post105

Quote:A number of additional accounts and CD Keys have been tied to the use of a hack or cheat program while playing StarCraft, Diablo II, or Warcraft III on Battle.net. In keeping with our aggressive stance against cheating, we have permanently closed 276,000 StarCraft accounts, 86,000 Diablo II accounts, and 41,000 Warcraft III accounts. We have documented all of the CD Keys that were used with these accounts. 14,000 Warcraft III CD Keys have been banned from ladder play for one month and 2,000 CD Keys are banned from ladder play permanently. Repeat offenders risk having their CD Keys disabled, which will result in the permanent removal of the respective copy of StarCraft, Diablo II, or Warcraft III from Battle.net.

We have also identified the Diablo II accounts with which a "map-hack" program is being used. Diablo II map-hack programs give players who use them an unfair advantage over other players. As with any third-party program, using a map-hack affects play over Battle.net and violates our End User License Agreement. Diablo II accounts that continue to be used with a map-hack program are subject to closure and the CD Keys with which these accounts are being used are also subject to being disabled.

We will continue to monitor Battle.net for cheating and take action as needed.

As always, thank you for your continued support; with your help we have been able to keep Battle.net a fun and safe place to play Blizzard games.

Yay, etc!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:.... we have permanently closed 276,000 StarCraft accounts, 86,000 Diablo II accounts, ......

:o That many people still actually even play Starcraft?!?!?! Wow.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Fun, I get to enjoy idiot literature that will definitely follow the legacies of such classics as "WTF Blizzard I no HAX" and "I only botted WHY Dont u ban ppl with teh r4al h4x"

It's hillarous that Blizzard did something about Starcraft. :D
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Dozer,Sep 30 2003, 04:05 PM Wrote::o That many people still actually even play Starcraft?!?!?! Wow.
Definitely

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/hm11784/b.jpeg

I took this screenshot in 2 in the morning, but Starcraft users tend to make up a good part of battle.net games. :)

But one reason, at least for me, is that cheating isn't as prevelant in Starcraft. It's at least not as bad as D2 and most of the cheats are fairly inconsequential. I could care less if people are using bots to get good records. That's pretty stupid anyways. Also, I pretty much avoid the games prone to hacking (3v3 bgh) so I rarely see any cheating at all in public games. That's probaly why there are so many accounts being banned for Starcraft, but i feel fairly distant from cheaters. Now in Diablo 2, there was a cheater in every game I joined (except for passworded ones)

I love both games. It's a good idea that the cheaters that are ruining it (especialy my beloved D2!) are getting the boot once more.
Great! Come 1.10, it'll only be us Lurkers left on B.net. :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
You can spray with raid, but a few months later, those little buggers are back. I will admit, however, that there is a certain satisfaction in hosing the ant colonies down with Raid and watching them die. :)

A friend of mine in Austin has a better plan, one Blizzard can't emulate. He uses a chemical that he spreads around the house. The ants pick it up, take it back to the colony, and feed it to the queen, apparently. And then she either dies or goes sterile, I need to talk to him about the details, I am considering adopting his approach.

Hit 'em where they live.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
As an Austinite, I can say the stuff you want for the lawn is "Amdro". The little suckers gobble it right up. That's for fire ants, though. I'd be interested in finding out any new tricks for carpenter and pharaoh ants inside.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:  You can spray with raid, but a few months later, those little buggers are back. I will admit, however, that there is a certain satisfaction in hosing the ant colonies down with Raid and watching them die.

Oh my! That rings so true. It may be somewhat futile in trying to stomp those fools, but it sure is fun. :D
Occhidiangela,Oct 2 2003, 02:52 AM Wrote:And then she either dies or goes sterile
I'm sure if they spend enough hours in front of a VDU they would... :P
Well, the bots and waiting lines in the range between 100-200 on Europe are back after 5 days. So much about the effectivity of "Judgement Days" if you don't ban the CD-keys once and for all as well ...
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
At my old house, we once had an ant infestation problem: it was either two or three separate colonies or one humoungus colony in the back yard.

We purchased some Raid Ant Baits, placed them close to the colony entrances, and in a week or so, the littel buggers were all gone.

Quick and effective with only as much effort as, well, putting down a gold ball on the lawn.
I have a copy of my original LoD cd that I am using now that I am in college and 1,200 miles away from home. Because of this, I need to use a crack to open D2 up. Do you think that that would be why I can't use the forums on battle.net, regardless of what realm I'm in? Also, does that put me at risk of having my account eradicated? Please respond!
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.