Ethereal Doors
This is probably another bug. Don't know if they fixed it in 1.10.
Sometimes, when you click on a door to open it and there are monsters standing near it on the other side, something weird happens: It tells you that the door is open, but on the screen, it's actually still closed. The funny thing is that you can walk right through the door as if it wasn't there!
Happened to me most of the time, even pre 1.10.

Ironically, the Maggot Lair has to be the worst offender with this little bug-ette.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
That bug has been around since 1.0, I think :P
And you can click on it again, and it will sometimes say open and still let you through, or it will say closed and not change in graphics and won't let you through until you click again. :)
i think it was 1.1 or 1.2, when they randomized so some doors/chests/corpses were opened already.
Wouldn't it be fun if assasins could walk right through closed doors when wearing cloak of shadows or maybe fade. It would add to the thief-like key-less ability.
Usually this happens because of lag.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I've had this happen a lot. Also in Singleplayer games. It's not something bad, but confusing at first :)
And you do not ask the cost...
It mostly happens to me in outer or inner cloister or in the barracks and some other areas arround there.