MMO-Champ has the new tier 8 models with video
So, T8 models are out, and MMO has them all modeled up in a nice 8min video. I always look at the new sets, and say this stuff in my head, so I figured, "the lounge is close enough to my head. I will post it":)

Personal Reviews:

Paladin:
Style: Robe wins. Pants suck. 4/5 on robe sets, 2/5 on pants. (loss of points for the metal piece stapled to the forehead.)
Colors: I'm hoping for the white and the last red style. They are the most striking color schemes.

Warrior:
Style: Eh, it's ok. It "looks" like a warrior set I guess. 3/5
Color: The red accented 'coppery' color looks pretty good, and the lighter colored blue accents look good too.

Shaman
Style: Again Robes win, Pants suck. This set is also very color dependent on looking cool.
Color: Light purple accents w/robe 5/5, Green Accents 4/5. the rest are 1/5 at best. The colors seem to clash too much

Warlock:
Style: 5 out of 5 hands down the coolest looking, most evil set this tier. I love it.
Color: WTB green and purple sets.

Druid:
Style: I'm beginning to think that I might just like the robe look, because again, the robe just fits better. 3/5 because the head looks really weird on females moos and male NE
Color: Give me the gold set and the green set.

Death Knight.
Style: 1/5. Yawn. This set doesn't do anything for me. OOOHHHH LOOK! Skulls and scary shoulders! Look! It's like a bad rehash of the warrior set.
Color: The dark blue and the red accented sets are the best, but that's not saying much at all.

Hunter:
Style: 0/5. This is a hunter set? Since when do hunters look like demons? This was such an opportunity for Blizz to bring a very 'hunter' feel to a set, and well...... FAIL. It looks like plate. I looks like something a DK would wear. It's attrocious. WTB more hunter looking sets (look at the s5 paladin set. it LOOKS like a paladin set. Where is the hunter set like that?)
Color: I'm hesitant to pick a color because it's all so bad. I guess if I had to, the light blue and green.

Rogue:
Style: Set looks good if you shut off the stupid nosferatu wanna be head. 4/5 without head, head gets -5/5
Color: A little monochromatic. Not enough highlighting to differentiate for me.

Priest:
Style NINJA PRIEST!!!!!!!!!! NINJA!!! I love the look, even if the head piece scream that you are here to avenge the death of your master. 4/5.
Color: I don't care about any color except for the red highlights. they really draw the detail out of the set.

Mage:
Style: 1/5 because uhazrocketships! It looks like you're ready to fly solo to the moon. I think Kaine was the one who pointed out the lines to me, and it just seems so........... not good.
Color: The 'slate-ish' colors with the heavy red accents look good, as do the light purple accents, even if the light purple is a little tbc.

That's my fashion report:)
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:Hunter:
Style: 0/5. This is a hunter set? Since when do hunters look like demons? This was such an opportunity for Blizz to bring a very 'hunter' feel to a set, and well...... FAIL. It looks like plate. I looks like something a DK would wear. It's attrocious. WTB more hunter looking sets (look at the s5 paladin set. it LOOKS like a paladin set. Where is the hunter set like that?)
Color: I'm hesitant to pick a color because it's all so bad. I guess if I had to, the light blue and green.

Hunter stuff always looks bad afaiac.

And can we get some boots that cover troll/tauren feet? It looks ridiculous. Would have never rolled a troll if I knew they would look so silly in their boots.
Ziig (Warrior) - Ako (Hunter) - Amo (Paladin) - Ziade (Monk) - Ziag (DK)
Quote:Hunter stuff always looks bad afaiac.

And can we get some boots that cover troll/tauren feet? It looks ridiculous. Would have never rolled a troll if I knew they would look so silly in their boots.

D1 wasn't terrible, the shoulders were a little weird, but it was an ok set. It looked like something a hunter would wear while 'hunting'.
D2 was a re-color, I like this coloring a little better.
D3 again, wasn't horrid, very simple, and not overblown.
D3B was again simple.

Dungeons sets though, have been very simplistic looking. And for that, a lot of people don't care for them. At least HUnter Dungeon sets didn't make you want to gouge your eyes out (HELLO PALADINS)

T1 - Looks like hunter gear, except for the shoulders. Wow.... They are.... toweriffic:)
T2 - Dragonstalker. A little loud, but it fit where the set came from The colors could have been muted, as I don't think you could really be anything but a beacon in that set.
T3/7 - Was very awesome. Simple, yet you knew what the set was. Some people complain about the helm, but I like it.
T4 - I guess is a good hunter set. the shoulders were again kind of tacky, but they work.
T5 - Just.... no. I hate that set. I'm sure it has it's fans, but man, it just doesn't work for me at all.
T6 - Odd set to be sure. It looks more like a walking piece of meat to me. Maybe that's what a hunter should be wearing? A Huge T-bone Steak Costume:)

And yes, Trolls wearing ankle bracelets is kinda a little harder to understand than say a Taurren or Draenei having exposed hooves.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:I'm sure it has it's fans,
Wouldn't that be warrior Tier 2?
I'm not sure why there are multiple color schemes and setups. It'd be cool as hell if that means they're giving us a choice of what color we want when we go get the piece from the vendor.

The warrior set looks really nice, particularly the red colored version. The green version looks pretty good on tauren, but I guess that's because it reminds me of T3/T7 Druid.

The paladin set looks completely ridiculous... whoever designed the metal plate that staples to the forehead needs to be dragged out into the street and shot.

I dunno, aside from the Warrior set, I think they've done better in the past... tier 2 and tier 4 for paladins, and tier 5 for warriors.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I hated T4 Paladin. The crystals just killed it for me. Then they gave us T5 and I wanted to cry.

Aside from the forehead stapling I love the set. I love the male chest piece better, but then, it wouldn't be blizz if they weren't trying to get the elves naked.

I love the shoulders for t8, the bare belly will be covered by my Blood Knight Tabard, and I will probably just leave the helm turned off if it looks bad.

For me, the set needs a quality head and shoulders to pull it off. The paladin head is meh, but the shoulders REALLY make up for it IMO.

And swirly: You mean the shredder set? Man that thing was brutal looking.
Quote:D1 wasn't terrible, the shoulders were a little weird, but it was an ok set. It looked like something a hunter would wear while 'hunting'.
D2 was a re-color, I like this coloring a little better.
D3 again, wasn't horrid, very simple, and not overblown.
D3B was again simple.

Dungeons sets though, have been very simplistic looking. And for that, a lot of people don't care for them. At least HUnter Dungeon sets didn't make you want to gouge your eyes out (HELLO PALADINS)

T1 - Looks like hunter gear, except for the shoulders. Wow.... They are.... toweriffic:)
T2 - Dragonstalker. A little loud, but it fit where the set came from The colors could have been muted, as I don't think you could really be anything but a beacon in that set.
T3/7 - Was very awesome. Simple, yet you knew what the set was. Some people complain about the helm, but I like it.
T4 - I guess is a good hunter set. the shoulders were again kind of tacky, but they work.
T5 - Just.... no. I hate that set. I'm sure it has it's fans, but man, it just doesn't work for me at all.
T6 - Odd set to be sure. It looks more like a walking piece of meat to me. Maybe that's what a hunter should be wearing? A Huge T-bone Steak Costume:)

And yes, Trolls wearing ankle bracelets is kinda a little harder to understand than say a Taurren or Draenei having exposed hooves.

Fair enough, now that I rethink it a bit I did not mind the D3 that much, and the T4 was ok. I guess the main thing that turns me off is the fact that the PVE and Arena sets have become nearly identical.
Ziig (Warrior) - Ako (Hunter) - Amo (Paladin) - Ziade (Monk) - Ziag (DK)
Quote:I'm not sure why there are multiple color schemes and setups. It'd be cool as hell if that means they're giving us a choice of what color we want when we go get the piece from the vendor.
My assumption was 10man and 25man versions.

Warlock set looks awesome, as usual. Its nice to play a class that looks good in armor that fits thematically.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
They had multiple color sets for t7 as well, and then they narrowed it down to 2 color schemes later on. I don't remember when it was in the process that we saw the final color schemes used, but I would assume it will be a couple of weeks.
Blizzard also announced that all armor sets will play it's own theme song when fully completed. I was rather relieved with their choice in regards to the warrior T8.

[Image: Ram.jpg]

Cheers,
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I was so disappointed with the Warrior set.:(Goat/ram horns? Really?
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:I was so disappointed with the Warrior set.:(Goat/ram horns? Really?

<shrug> I never worry about helms. The only ones I show are the goggles (and the Santa hats) anyway.

--Mav
I'm also thinking more of the chest (though that's easily hidden behind a tabard) and the shoulders (which cannot be hidden at all).
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
That is why I love the paladin Shoulders. They in my mind are the second coolest looking paladin shoulders behind t2.

Shoulders make the set.
Shoulders, helms and pants (seeing as it can be a skirt -- see Judgement). Good helms can be shown, bad helms are hidden.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Quote:That is why I love the paladin Shoulders. They in my mind are the second coolest looking paladin shoulders behind t2.

Shoulders make the set.

And best of all...no pink or lavender! :lol:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I love the druid sets. They're weird and awesome and those shoulder orbs are mesmerizing. The ones on the male taurens have an uncanny resemblance to peaches.

Rogues are just EPIC WTF. "Check it out! This guy I just killed? I'm wearing his head as a hat!"

Mages look like Cylons. Maybe I just have BSG on the brain.

The hunter helm is clearly a gas mask.

Last but not least: Whhhhyyyy?? Why am I a hunter? WHY?! *falls to knees sobbing* I want to switch mains to priest.
Dewdrop - Blood Elf Paladin (Shiny Happy Healer)
Tamorrax - Troll Hunter (Crazy Cat Lady)
Sybaris - Blood Elf Priest
The Shaman set makes me happy in my heart - wtb 5/5 t8.

-Z
Proud Co-Founder of the Widely Accepted and Raider™ Approved "FIPIA Strategy"

Zyn's You Tube Channel
Quote:And best of all...no pink or lavender! :lol:

How is this a good thing?:(
Come out of the closet already!
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:How is this a good thing?:(
Come out of the closet already!

Well, if I had my way, every male BE Pally would be handed a Tier 5 set with matching boots, belt, and bracers along with a similar cloak that automatically didn't show the hat, but showed the cloak...and they'd be forced to wear it anytime they were in a friendly city... :whistling::D
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.