LoTR Triology in theaters - all in a row!
New Line Cinema will be first sending the first two films back to theaters in extended cuts prior to the release of the last film. Fellowship will show up on December 5th, and Two Towers on December 12th.

Now, the ultra cool part takes place in approximately 100-150 theaters on Tuesday, December 16th (the day before the official release of the final film). At 3 PM, you get Part 1, at 7 PM you get Part 2, and at 11 PM, you get the debut of the final film. There will be intermissions and the first 2 films will be shown with the additional 30 minutes (or so) of additional footage (similar to the DVD cuts).

How's that for a dose of Tolkien?

I'm gonna see that - no matter what.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
I knew this would happen. I see they're wasting no time. Wow. I would so love to make it to one of those showings. Where do we find out what theatres it'll be?

Wee
I'm not sure. If anyone has this info, please share it!

I figure I'll have to drive to Orlando or something. Finding a theater won't be the hard part - securing tickets will be!
OT - Peter Jackson's next movie will be King Kong. Youch!
:o Wow !! Better bring an extra 60 dollars for food :D .... 1 day of popcorn and soda .... I 'll be pickin popcorn kernels out of my teeth for months !!!
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Wow, sounds wonderful. As long as they sell lattes during the intermission, I'm so there.

TPJ, drive to Atlanta and see it with me. Maybe they'll show it at the Mall of Georgia on the IMAX screen. :)

Edited to add: I just realized I'm giving a final exam on the 16th from 4:30-7. :( :angry:
Hi,

the first 2 films will be shown with the additional 30 minutes (or so) of additional footage (similar to the DVD cuts).

And a year later they'll do it again, this time with DVD cuts of all *three*. And that's the show I'll go to -- life is too short to do it twice :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

evap,Sep 24 2003, 02:26 PM Wrote:Edited to add:  I just realized I'm giving a final exam on the 16th from 4:30-7.  :(  :angry:
Heck, I'd like to come to Atlanta if they have a real, big screen theater!

As for that final, well, let your TA proctor it. A gift certificate to the local pizza place would do the trick. ;)

--ceolstan
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.
evap,Sep 24 2003, 02:26 PM Wrote:Edited to add:  I just realized I'm giving a final exam on the 16th from 4:30-7.  :(  :angry:
Heck, I'd like to come to Atlanta if they have a real, big screen theater!

As for that final, well, let your TA proctor it. A gift certificate to the local pizza place would do the trick. ;)

--ceolstan
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.
Why not The Hobbit? Grr! Someone *cough* Peter Jackson *cough* needs to make The Hobbit into a movie! :angry:
WWBBD?
Yrrek,Sep 25 2003, 02:47 AM Wrote:Why not The Hobbit? Grr! Someone *cough* Peter Jackson *cough* needs to make The Hobbit into a movie! :angry:
Didn't I hear that PJ is officially not averse to making the Hobbit.

Crossing fingers :)

They'll wait a few years to really build up the hype. The only person they need from the original cast is Ian McKellen, right? Bilbo would be played by a younger actor.

Wee
WeeScot,Sep 25 2003, 11:23 AM Wrote:  Bilbo would be played by a younger actor.
And for your useless trivial factoid of the day (spam neatly packaged):

Ian Holm, the actor who played Bilbo in the movie, played Frodo in the wonderful BBC Radio Play of the LOTR.

Must have been interesting indeed to play both characters, eh?

More information on the Radio Play can be found here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/store...#05534565395000
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

evap,Sep 25 2003, 08:26 AM Wrote:Edited to add:  I just realized I'm giving a final exam on the 16th from 4:30-7.  :(  :angry:
Ah well, at least you don't have my luck... the world premiere will be just around the corner from my place of work.

Can you say "demand exceeds supply" ;)
So all three are coming out in one theatre on December the 16th? If so that would be great because that’s my day off :D Although, I'm not so sure I'd really like sitting in one spot for 10+ hours, even with intermissions. I may just wait another year and watch all three with all extended scenes in the privacy of my home :P . Yes, I know that won't compare to the big screen - Ack! I'm torn between my desire to see it and my logical reasoning telling me thats a LONG time to sit in one spot :lol: .
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Being in a theater for 10+ hours? Sounds like hell, even if it is LotR...

I prefer to just go and watch the last movie alone (hope it won't suck like the 2nd one).
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"