After all these years....
Through my journeys of the internet, through various websites, chatrooms, and the like, the question rears its ugly head again, and again. "Why are people STILL playing a 7-year old RPG, that really wasn't an RPG to begin with?" After racking my brain for an answer, I realized that that answer was simple. We play it for the same reasons people play Marbles, Checkers, Chess, Monopoly, Asteroids, Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros., Zelda, Tetris, Doom, and others. Each of those games revolutionized/created a genre, combining attractive artwork, addictive music (when present), and gameplay that made sense! When a game is overly complicated, you play it all the way through once just to 'get through' it, then never touch it again. A game that is simple to get into, and is well presented, keeps people coming back for more, years after it has been 'retired'. That, my fellow dugeon crawlers, is Diablo. And that is why they are already working on Dungeon Siege 2 only a year after the first release....because it will take a hell of a lot to beat the original.
From Sept 3:
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...=ST&f=10&t=1891

-Lem
Quote:It's all that naked witch flesh
I love it!

and yes, that is kinda arousing to see a bunch of hot, naked winged she-demons trying to kill you with magic balls of energy.

I wonder how the warrior and sorcerer feel trying to kill them while attempting to contain their "weapons" :huh:

Mods feel free to kill this post if you think it's too "sexual"
Do unto others before they do unto you
Quote:I wonder how the warrior and sorcerer feel trying to kill them while attempting to contain their "weapons"

They are the spawn of evil. We warriors have nothing to do with evil unless it is our intention to slay it. Do not doubt our abilities to contain ourselves, for to bond with tainted flesh is to taint yourself, which is both against our code and honour.

(they are pretty sxy tho)
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
We "sorcerers" aren't attracted to that flabby witch jiggling. If anything we are attracted by balls. When we see them put their hands just so, creating a magical eruption, coming right at you, we almost have trouble not being mesmerized. Except, we want to prove our balls are bigger, so we shoot bigger balls right back at them. (Except for Soul Burners, whom we make hard and then wail on with a fast-paced rhythmic stroke.)
Vandiablo,Sep 27 2003, 06:37 AM Wrote:We "sorcerers" aren't attracted to that flabby witch jiggling. If anything we are attracted by balls. When we see them put their hands just so, creating a magical eruption, coming right at you, we almost have trouble not being mesmerized. Except, we want to prove our balls are bigger, so we shoot bigger balls right back at them. (Except for Soul Burners, whom we make hard and then wail on with a fast-paced rhythmic stroke.)
Would that explain their screams? >_>
"Hi."
But remember that even the great hero of light was corrupted by Diablo's Soulstone.

So I guess prolonged exposure to witch jubblies would get to you after a while..... No matter how good you are.

For the rest of us, there's The Veil of Steel -30% light radius, you won't see them as often.
Do unto others before they do unto you