Hunter Pet Miss Problem
Recently my hunter did a 10-man VoA with her spirit beast. The beast did more damage than the main tank, but Recount showed a few percent miss rate. The cat of a hunter friend in the raid also had a high miss rate, 4.8% as I recall. My hunter had no misses.

My hunter's +hit was 290, so I would think the pet should not be missing at all (except for Spirit Strike). To test this we went to an heroic training dummy. After an hour the dummy looked much the worse for wear. The spirit beast had zero physical misses and 7.5% Spirit Strike misses.

Anyone have an idea of why the beast was missing in VoA? Is there some debuff that reduces chance to hit?

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Choking Cloud
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Choking Cloud

Which Quark enjoys standing in on occasion... :whistling:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Choking Cloud

Duh. Thanks much! Now I can sleep tonight! Wish I had the hour back we spent on the target dummy. Glad at least that my hunter did not have any misses herself.

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:Which Quark enjoys standing in on occasion... :whistling:

You don't want me to start a rant about the tanks that decide to run after Archavon when he jumps, rather than waiting for him to come back.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:You don't want me to start a rant about the tanks that decide to run after Archavon when he jumps, rather than waiting for him to come back.

Pffft who runs when you can charge? :rolleyes::lol:
Quote:You don't want me to start a rant about the tanks that decide to run after Archavon when he jumps, rather than waiting for him to come back.

What Tal said.;)

Waiting for him to come back can be a disaster with trigger happy DPS. I've had hunters ride me all the way on Archavon; I prefer not having to taunt every time he jumps.

Of course, I also make sure to actually pull him away from the damn cloud. It's not hard.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:What Tal said.;)

Waiting for him to come back can be a disaster with trigger happy DPS. I've had hunters ride me all the way on Archavon; I prefer not having to taunt every time he jumps.

Of course, I also make sure to actually pull him away from the damn cloud. It's not hard.

Feh, as a Pally tank, no DPS is ever close to me unless they way outgear me so I just stand in the middle of the room and when the melee DPS runs off after him, I calmly wait for him to wander back, he always does... :P
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Waiting for him to come back can be a disaster with trigger happy DPS. I've had hunters ride me all the way on Archavon; I prefer not having to taunt every time he jumps.

I'll happily taunt him to make sure he comes back from clouds as quickly as possible. Blizzard wouldn't have given us ranged taunts if they didn't want us to use them!
I will say precisely the same about Charge in-combat.:)
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
removed redundant information from this post:(