Various questions
Okay, first off, I'm Le'lorinel I'm a hit-and-miss D1-D2 player, I play for a while then I realise "Damn, i'm doing it again, this game is taking over my life!" so I quit, then start up again about 3 months later, the cycle just began anew.

Well, first off, my warrior just killed Big-D on norm and I started a new game as is the cycle of Diablo, but when I opened my new game, My Undead Crown was replaced by a Scroll of town portal that was in golden letters to idicate it was unique, when I put my cursor over it it said it was Arkaine's Valor, just without any bonuses. I did in fact have an arkaine's Valor in my inventory at the time and it was unscathed by the incident.

Yes, I do have v1.09.

And question 2, does anybody know where I can get my hand on a copy of Hellfire, It is abandonware now, right?
Do unto others before they do unto you
I'm assuming your playing single player since it seems that you killed Diablo in one game. There's a very annoying bug in single player that will sometimes morph your items when you make a new game.

And as for finding Hellfire, you'll have a heck of time trying to get it. Hardly any stores carry it anymore. I got do desperate trying to find it, that I asked my friend to burn it for me.
But I told that kid a hundred times "Don't take the Lakes for granted.
They go from calm to a hundred knots so fast they seem enchanted."
But tonight some red-eyed Wiarton girl lies staring at the wall,
And her lover's gone into a white squall.
Hi Le'lorinel!

First let me tell you that I know all about the "Diablo Cycle" :) It's the definition of my own life!! lol

And concerning Hellfire, you might wanna give www.ebay.com a try, last time I checked, there were 9 copies for sale on there.

Good Luck!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ogames&n=507846

Look at the "buy used" section. One guy is selling a new copy for 19.99. Ka-ching!
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Well, I think my firend has his copy of Hellfire that I can get my hands on.

BTW, how much mana is good for a sorcerer? Mine is level 25 and has about 500, how is that?
Well aslong as you don't hit fascinating/ornate/sacred shrines at all during your sorceror's career, and you pump magic a fair bit, you should have a fair bit of mana.

I'm no sorceror player but 500 seems plenty. Fireball is what, 7 to 10 mana a shot. Meh. That is so overkill :)
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Draconis,Sep 25 2003, 05:30 AM Wrote:Well aslong as you don't hit fascinating/ornate/sacred shrines at all during your sorceror's career, and you pump magic a fair bit, you should have a fair bit of mana.

I'm no sorceror player but 500 seems plenty. Fireball is what, 7 to 10 mana a shot. Meh. That is so overkill :)
Overkill? Hardly. I subscribe to the motto of "more is best" and my sorc currently has a blue ball worth well in the excess of 800 points. Fireball isn't that expensive, but MS is with the amount of times I get hit, and I am prone to CL spamming.

Besides, I get more out of a 150GP Full Mana Potion than someone with only 500 mana does :)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Yep, good point there.

To put it simply, I have about 230 magic with all my items added. it's about 150 base.

And hey, lightning costs 6 mana a pop for me, holy bolt only costs 3 and fireball costs like 14
500 is decent, though I had a level 25 with 700+ due to loads of mana/magic increasing items. A sorcerer with mana shield and beefed up chain lightning is damn near invincible, especially with a belt full of full mana potions. That's what.....7000hp?
I remember back in the day, those of us who were sorcerers varied widely in opinion as to what was best. Basically nobody had slvl15 fireball, it started at 16 and went to 20. You had true arty mages who walked around with their bigass 20's and virtually no defense (or the famed hacked AAA with 255 charges), those who went sword/shield. Those who had 1300 mana, those who had enormous blocking and ac.

I never liked arty, I think I ran at 16-18 depending on what i felt like. I carried a king's bastard sword of slaughter to stunlock soulburners and my lovable dreamflange for normal use. Awesome full plate/stormshield/royal crown or thinking cap. Standard generic nearly godmode gear due to the poor balance of the game. :)

I think these days I would have appreciated less cookie cutter uberness, as I avoid those characters in d2.

You really don't need anything. You need less than anything, as the Beyond Naked warriors show. You'll be fine as long as you learn how to use what you have.

At the very least, you can stone curse everything except diablo and kill it with a sword. /nod

From what I recall, the optimal level of chain lightning is 7 or 8. Once you start getting higher than that, you begin getting gaps in your streams with too many monsters around. This is very, very apparent at high levels with dozens of targets. The fact you do less damage can be made up for by proper positioning, and the fact that the gaps do 0 damage anyway...
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Generally, CL tends to gap at slvl 12 onwards. True, it can gap a lot earlier than that depending on how close everything is to you, but beyond 11 you should be seeing gapping becoming more common.

That said, I think my current level is 13, and since the gaps don't start to appear 'til about 4-6+ squares around you, it's perfect for the level of close work I do.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386