Name that song!
I assume this song is from some sort of videogame as it's from something called a "game concert."

There are no indications in the title (or the description given in winamp) as to which game this song is from. I also ran a search on google, and I was unable to discover its origin.

Do you recognise it?

It's the "Soldiers' Rhapsody" performed live by the Tokyo philharmonic orchestra.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
I'll try and give you an answer in an hour when I've finished downloading it :P

Though an unfeasibly fast Google search returns two hits that lists it as being a piece from something called "Great Strategy Expert."

No, I've never heard of it either...

Edit: Another quick Google search gives me the following details: It was a Super Famicom (Japanese Super NES) game with a rather neat box art of a tank (Here), but I can actually find very little else in the way of other information. I'll probably cruise on by The Whirlpool to see if there are any translations out there, and maybe try her out myself.

Lord. A gap in my SNES knowledge. I feel so ashamed :blink:

Edit (2): It was produced by ASCII (Of RPG Maker 1995/2000/2003 fame). This would possibly explain why I didn't know of it, given that during the heydays of the SNES I did subscribe to the most well-informed magazine of the time, Super Play, and even they rarely touched upon any of ASCII's creations. And these are the same people that reviewed each and every single SNES game by Koei...

Edit (3): Hey... The answer was in the ID3v2 tag.

[Image: gse.jpg]

Still, well worth the download and I feel I shall be adding it to my regular playlist.

Incidentally, since I'm on the podium here how exactly does one find orchestral versions of particular game tracks? I've never had much luck with the subject. If anyone can provide me with an orchestral version of Yoko Shimomura's "Destructive Logic" from the Front Mission soundtrack, then I would be eternally grateful.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
NiteFox,Sep 16 2003, 07:08 PM Wrote:Incidentally, since I'm on the podium here how exactly does one find orchestral versions of particular game tracks? I've never had much luck with the subject.  If anyone can provide me with an orchestral version of Yoko Shimomura's "Destructive Logic" from the Front Mission soundtrack, then I would be eternally grateful.
First off I wanted to thank you for going to such great lengths in trying to find an answer for me :)

Secondly, I should mention that I -did- try googling it (just you wait; it'll catch on.) and I also found the "great strategy expert"-reference, but I didn't expect that to be the game title. It seemed too cheesy.

As for your final question.. where do we find these things?

I'm not sure what the LL's policy is on linking to these kinds of websites, but www.gamingforce.com is an invaluable resource for gamemusic. They literally do have everything. You need to register (which is free) in order to access the "my stuff"-part of the board which houses the threads containing info on how to get into the various users' FTP where you can download, among other things, but mostly restricted to, gamemusic.

Most of the users rip music from their own games and put it out on FTPs for others to download. The speeds will vary from FTP to FTP, but I've gotten as high as 70kb/s which, when you're downloading music, is perfectly tolerable.

I hope you'll find what you're looking for.

- [wcip]Angel
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Hm... I may need to look into that. I love orchestra versions of game themes (have those of the end of Super Metroid, Zelda: a Link to the Past, and Super Mario Brothers on my playlist right now). Maybe a better question is whether any Lurkers have them on their hard drives? We could just swap a few back and forth.
See you in Town,
-Z
While I don't have any orchestral versions, I do have:

- The title themes for Deus Ex and Morrowind
- Terra's theme from FFVI
- The ending theme from Shining Force
- A whole bunch of Homeworld tracks

They range anywhere from just under 3mb to about 7.5mb. If Bolty doesn't mind us sharing, I'd be willing to transfer some over an ICQ/Trillian/AIM connection, or whatever's convenient.
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]