Synergy bug?
My sLvl 8 Fireball, with sLvl 7 Firebolt (synergy) does 101-131 damage. My current staff has +2 Warmth. I found an orb that had +1 Firebolt, and put it on. When I checked to see how much more damage my Fireball would have (sLvl 8 Fireball with sLvl 8 Firebolt) the damage didn't rise. Fireball doesn't get Synergy from wamrth, so what's going on?
"Oh dear god, i don't feel alive when you're cut short of misery (raise forth lost cause)
will you pray it be the end? give a look surprise wide eyed to me (raise forth lost cause)"

~Coheed & Cambria
Only "permanent" skill points affect synergies.
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
Yep... MMAgCH is right. You have to put points into the skill to get a synergy bonus. The exception are skills like the barb masteries and summon masteries.
Hmm, what do you mean by those exceptions?

I believe this is a bug as well:

The elite Boneweave boots Marrow Walk which has a built-in Level 33 Bone Prison will (YES!) increase your Bone Armor by 495 points (33*15). This is only if you did not add a point to your own Bone Prison skill.

You can't really say Necros got shafted by the integer instead of % formula.
The exceptions means that some synergies use the full skill points in a skill, not the base level.

Marrowwalk just has charges of level 33 bone prison. It doesn't actually boost your skills at all. If these charges somehow granted synergy, this would be a very significant bug.
Lileofavelion,Sep 26 2003, 03:13 AM Wrote:The elite Boneweave boots Marrow Walk which has a built-in Level 33 Bone Prison will (YES!) increase your Bone Armor by 495 points (33*15). This is only if you did not add a point to your own Bone Prison skill.
Did the Bone Prison charges help any other bone skills, such as Teeth and Bone Spirit, which also have synergies with the Bone Prison much like the Bone Armor?
Mastery skills are not really synergies. They predate the advent of synergies and were used as synergies before they existed.

Skeleton mastery, golem mastery, summon resist, fire mastery, lightning mastery, cold mastery, druid pets, they all have always since the beginning of their time granted synergy bonuses. These are best referred to as 'mastery bonuses' I think, because that's what they are - in name and in actuality as they're different than the new synergies.

It is not a bug that these skills grant bonuses via +skill items... if they didn't, then +skill items would have no effect on them, their entire purpose being to add to the skills they empower.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
edit > i just noticed i basically repeated what you said, oops :D

Quote:These are best referred to as 'mastery bonuses' I think, because that's what they are

the only difference as i see is that those skills only have one point: to be synergies.

if you didn't get any bonus AT ALL from having a +cold mastery item, that'd be pretty stupid.

while if you compare to warmth's synergy to inferno, without the synergy it still gives mana regen with +skill items, the synergy is only a bonus for investing skillpoints.
Hi I don't have time to do any testing so you guys can check out yourselves

http://members.rogers.com/war3x/file/PDNec.d2s