A school rant...
Hail lurkers,

So the story goes like this:

I live in Chihuahua Mexico, near the U.S. Border and right next to Texas. I study Medicine in a University here. Our study plan consists of 5 years of school, 1 of internship and 1 of social services. First and second year are basics, and from there on, you get clinics (not sure how you call them on the U.S.); by these I mean, digestive system (nosology and clinics), etc.

From 3rd grade on, you get to choose which classroom you want to be in. You choose according to your grades you got on your first and second year on school (first place picks first, second place after the first, etc.).

I just made it to third year and ended up in second place (yay!), so I had the advantage of choosing the classes I wanted.

Since it is a small school, I get to know people frome every grade, and so I asked which doctors were better, and so I learned that:
-Class room 3-1: Had the best pathology doctor, and a VERY bad Diagnostics doctor. The others were average and its daily schedule was pretty good.
-Class room 3-2: Above - average pathology doctor, the BEST diagnostics doctor (a female too :) ),and VERY good gastrointestinal and pharmacology doctors. The downside is that it has a bad daily schedule and you get a lot of work. (Aka 70 - 80 pages to study per day; not that bad actually).
-Class Room 3-3: Average class room with average doctors and great schedule.
-Class room 3-4: Last places stay here because they can´t pick another one :S Bad schedule, etc.

So me and my girlfriend (place number 24) decided to pick class room 3-2 because we wanted the diagnostics doctor.

The problem was this:
There are supposedly 28 people on our class. They divide us in two groups for diagnostics. Top 14 on alphabetical list goes to one doctor and last 14 goes to the other doctor. Both doctors are good, but I wanted to be with the best one (the reason I picked the class room). He gave classes to the last 14.

Luckily, I ended up on place 15 on the list. I was really happy that I ended up with the doctor I wanted.
So I go to school the next day and learn that place number 68 (from 128 people), by using influences, managed to enter our classroom. So the class room ended up with 29 people. Because of his fault, I ended up with a Doctor I didn´t want that much and didn´t end up with the reason I chose this classroom!

After two or so days if anger at him(I know the student that changed classes and he´s really not a person that dedicates a lot of time to school), my girlfriend convinced me to let go and enjoy the doctor that was teaching me Diagnostics. And so I did; this was until last thursday.

By orders of the Vice principal, I ended up with the worst diagnostics doctor in school. No one knows how did he even ended up as a doctor. "Lets give him a try", I said. And so I did.

Next day he leaves us homework. Get definitions of the most simple words in med school :( (health, disease, patient, etc.) And so I tried and gave him another try.

Today I saw the worst thing that could happen to me. He mispronounced Diabetes mellitus. It is almost a federal crime to mispronounce that word here in Mexico. Besides, he mispelled some keywords and kept giving us homework.

So I am here, thinking it is really unfair that I ended up with the worst doctor ever and that a lazy, immature kid that used influences to changed classrooms ended up with what I wanted.

Sorry about this rant. I know it seems out of place, but I needed to vent and my poor girlfriend must be tired of hearing me.

P.S. Tried to change classrooms but it´s impossible :(

P.S.2 Sorry if I didn t make this readable; english isn´t my first language.
Raz
My sympathies for being set upon by politics while studying medicine. I suppose all you can do is to keep trying to change based on your scores.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
1. Your english is superb.
2. Your situation, while somewhat "commonplace" on larger campuses, still sucks.
3. Lemonade from lemons.

Your diagnostics prof seems to be a slacker; use whatever time that you find freed up by this fact (and it may be very little, I realize) and capitalize on your OWN influences. Chances are that you know at least one of the students in the "Best Diagnostics" prof's class; ask if they'd "tutor" you. Essentially, follow THAT path of study and demand rather than the one that your own Diagnostics prof does. Hopefully, best case scenario, you'll be handing in the less-demanding work to your own class while actually focusing on the needed material from the other class.

Just a thought; I don't know your workload. Best of luck with that, in any case.

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
I do have my girlfriend in that class and she´s doing a superb work on teaching me what she is learning. So all is good for now (I hope). However I don´t know if I will be able to do this when things get harder.

Thanks for all the support :):)
Raz