Diablo map
Hi,

First of all sorry if this Topic is in the wrong place, but it was either this or the General Forum. Due to the boring summer holidays I thought I would make a Diablo RPG map using 'Starcraft Campaign Editor'. It is now pretty much finished except for some sound files that I don't know where to find:

- Tristram Town music

- Cain - 'Hello my friend, stay a while and listen . . .' (Speech)

- Griswold - 'Hey, what can I do for you' (Speech)

I have searched through the Diablo files but haven’t had any luck finding them :(
If anyone knows where I can get them from it would be well appreciated.

Note - The files must be WAV files . . .
You haven't looked in the MPQ file? All the sound files are in there...

Selby
Please excuse the fact that I am completely hopeless :P
When I say I have looked through the files I mean that I have gone into
'My Computer', then into 'Diablo', then looked in every folder it will let me, where am I meant to be looking?
On the Diablo CD there's a 5XX-MB file called "diabdat.mpq"
If you use a program like CV5, MPQ Explorer or MPQ Edit (my favourite) you can easily extract all the WAV files you want from this file.
Mystery,Aug 22 2003, 01:26 PM Wrote:If you use a program like CV5, MPQ Explorer or MPQ Edit (my favourite) you can easily extract all the WAV files you want from this file.
Thanks for the advise :), I explored the Diablo CD and found it quite easily, only problem is that I don't seem to have any of the programs you suggested :(. I looked on Google to see if I could dl any of them but I couldn’t find anything... Will I have any of the programs automatically on my windows package?

Note - I'm using Windows XP Home
No these tools are not coming with Window$.

CV5: http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~mickyk/download.html

I can't find the links for the the other two tools but I've downloaded them just a few days ago.
I dl the program and my map is nearly up and running :P

PS - I have being playing around with tha 'CV5' for about 2 hours now, it really is an amazing program . . .
I would like to tryout this map when it is finished. Please email me at sargonnas@eml.cc and we can set up a date and time. The map seams like it would be alot of fun.

Vengeance is Righteous,
Sargonnas
Dark Vengance
Takhisis's brooding consort is an explosive personality who plots against her about as often as he works with her. Sargonnas influences vengeance, destruction, intrigue, volcanoes, fire and deserts. His colors are red and black. Spheres of influence include chaos, thought; numbers and war.
Sargonnas,Aug 29 2003, 07:42 PM Wrote:I would like to tryout this map when it is finished. Please email me at sargonnas@eml.cc and we can set up a date and time.  The map seams like it would be alot of fun.

Vengeance is Righteous,
Sargonnas
Nice to see someone is interested :), I'll proberbly put the map up for dl on a site and tell you the address.

PS - This map only requires 1 player (human) . . .
I would like to see that too, but for me screenshots will do, i think i lost my sc copy :P
--

kEMpEs(A)

ex: GbS, SR, KGB, EPI