STSI's
I have been surfing this website for about 6 months now, but only became a member about a week ago. I have been wondering: Why aren't there more STSI's? :( In the past, they were spaced about a week apart, sometimes shorter (I saw 2 on the same day)! And recently there were two spaced 2 months apart (April-June). I really enjoy reading the STSI's. Is it just that people don't send it that many? (By the way, how do you send them in and how do you take them?) Thanks. B)
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
I do believe that pressing the "Print Screen" button on the keyboard (should be somewhere along the top) takes a snapshot of the game. Simply send that to the STSI address (stsi-diablo2@lurkerlounge.com) and if it makes the cut, it could be posted up. Have fun!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
One of the main reasons there's fewer STSIs is because there's fewer good shots coming in. Back "in the day," I'd get 2 to 3 submissions a day. Now I get that many in a week, tops. Most shots never get past my...discriminating tastes.

This is why it's not named "Screenshot of the Day/Week/Specified Time Interval." They come when they come :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to start taking some interesting ones and see if they past that rigorous test. :D :)
DroopingCactus
Quote:Adeyke and people like him get tons of questions exactly like this one by people who're apparently too stupid to play without Maphack, too stupid to read the Help file that comes with the program, too stupid to turn off the socket protection when they're using Maphack, and too stupid to realize that they're stepping before the firing squad when asking questions like that in forums like this.
-AK404
Hmm.. Then it must have been a mistake that you skipped the ones I sent in. :P Seriously, though... have you turned down a screenshot of the torch's flame in act 1 casting a shadow yet another flame in act 2 doesn't (or do admin/user confidentiality laws prevent you from answering)? (Spliced together) :D I've got a whole bunch... I just haven't gotten around to sending in more than 3 or something. :)
My personal best probably won't make it to STSI.

[Image: hadriel.jpg]

[Image: haphet.jpg]
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Hahahaha!!

Actually laughing out loud for that last one :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
The screenshots are too big to be sent by hotmail... :(

Any suggestions? Anyone know of any free services that can send about 2 mb?
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Load the screenie into an image program and save it (use same extention). When it asks you to give the file a name, look for an "Options" button that'll allow you to decrease the quality of the image. Lower the quality until it saves as a managable size.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Assuming you're running windows:

press "start", followed by "programs" and then "applications". Press the icon called "paint." Open you screenshot in this program.

Press "file" and "save as". Press "save as type" and choose "jpg". Name your picture "bla bla.jpg" and the image should not exceed 100kb.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote:Most shots never get past my...discriminating tastes.

I feel most offended by this statement.

:P :lol:
Walkiry,Sep 2 2003, 05:08 AM Wrote:I feel most offended by this statement.
I figured it was less offensive than "most shots suck," or "they're not interesting at all" or "no, your shot that you submitted that you thought was the bomb last week was actually stupid and lame."

:-)

Actually, one big problem is that it's hard to come up with anything new and interesting. After 120+ STSIs, what's left? Much of what we get now is a repeat of something I've put up before. It could be a great shot, but it's old news, etc. My tastes need to get less discriminating, I guess.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I have a screenie of a glove that says (sockets 0). Would that be enough to get by your "Discriminating tastes" ;)
But I told that kid a hundred times "Don't take the Lakes for granted.
They go from calm to a hundred knots so fast they seem enchanted."
But tonight some red-eyed Wiarton girl lies staring at the wall,
And her lover's gone into a white squall.
dudearonymus_32,Sep 2 2003, 06:42 PM Wrote:I have a screenie of a glove that says (sockets 0). Would that be enough to get by your "Discriminating tastes"  ;)
That depends. The problem with shots like those is that a lot of the time they're the result of cheats or edited/hacked items. You should see some of the bizarre shots I have that I'm almost 100% sure aren't legit. With so many users utilizing editor programs in the beta to test out character builds, there has been some wacky item stuff going on.

When I put up a shot of some strange bug with items or monsters, it's usually because more than one person sent in a shot of the effect, including evidence it's occuring on the realms. Then the first submitter gets the shot and the credit.

-Bolty
Bolty,Sep 2 2003, 09:28 PM Wrote:Actually, one big problem is that it's hard to come up with anything new and interesting.  After 120+ STSIs, what's left?  Much of what we get now is a repeat of something I've put up before.  It could be a great shot, but it's old news, etc.  My tastes need to get less discriminating, I guess.
Maybe you can use Yaga-Shura threatening Haphet as a way to inform Lurkers whether or not this rumor is true: Blizzard is taking out the text bubbles (made by typing ! preceding text in game) in 1.10.

Discriminating tastes? You sound like an oenophile. I can just imagine Bolty slugging back those jpegs. "Hmm...a bit stale...much too bland...time to cleanse the palate with a few Blizzard movie clips..."
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Quote:That depends. The problem with shots like those is that a lot of the time they're the result of cheats or edited/hacked items. You should see some of the bizarre shots I have that I'm almost 100% sure aren't legit. With so many users utilizing editor programs in the beta to test out character builds, there has been some wacky item stuff going on.
I didnt use any cheats and/or edited and hacked items at all. I had downloaded the 1.10 beta but items seemed to morph when I reverted to 1.09, thus the non-socketed gloves.
http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/76644/0.jpg
But I told that kid a hundred times "Don't take the Lakes for granted.
They go from calm to a hundred knots so fast they seem enchanted."
But tonight some red-eyed Wiarton girl lies staring at the wall,
And her lover's gone into a white squall.
Text bubbles were nerfed in single player (and open?) a long, long time ago. Havn't been able to do it since probably 1.03 or thereabouts, or maybe not ever. It's been so long I've forgotten.

Works in 1.09 on realms, but not single player.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.