Please
I can't decipher what's said in the final movie (where you beat Mr.D)

Can anyone help?
It should be something like this:
The soulstone burns with hellfire, as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows in your eyes and you begin to hear the tormenterd whispers of the damned. You've done what you knew must be done. The essence of Diablo is contained, for now. You pray, that you'll become strong enough to contain the demon and keep him abay. Although you have been fortified by your quest, you can still feel him clawing up his way up from the dark resesses of your soul. Fighting to retain control, your thoughts turn to the mystic lands of the far east. Perhaps, there, beyond the destaled wastes of aaranoc, you'll find an answer. Or perhaps, salvation.

If you find any typos and/or mistakes, feel free to keep them and sell them @eBay ;)
The Soulstone burns with hellfire as an eerie red glow blurs your vision. Fresh blood flows in your eyes, and you begin to hear the tormenterd whispers of the damned. You've done what you knew must be done: the essence of Diablo is contained— for now. You pray that you've become strong enough to contain the demon, and keep him at bay. Although you have been fortified by your quest, you can still feel him clawing his way up from the dark recesses of your soul.

Fighting to retain control, your thoughts turn to the mystic lands of the far east. Perhaps, there, beyond the desolate wastes of Aranoch, you'll find an answer. Or perhaps— salvation.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Whenever I see a post title containing "Please help," I tend to think there's an urgent situation. Why use it for something as trivial as the epilogue text? Seems like crying wolf.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
LemmingofGlory,Aug 23 2003, 05:04 PM Wrote:Whenever I see a post title containing "Please help," I tend to think there's an urgent situation. Why use it for something as trivial as the epilogue text? Seems like crying wolf.

Ehh, obviously someone needed help (hence help) and on top of that was polite (hence please). No idea what is wrong with that.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
I thought it was. "Your thoughts turn to the ancient mystic lands of the far east."

But i could be wrong.
"Darkness and evil shall fall back to the burning hells within and light shall rule the lands of the good."
It's a form of prompting answers, like post bumping. The more "helpless" the title sounds, the more likely someone's going to rush over and help. In theory.

Examples:
June 28th thread: (title) Questions... (subtitle) answer plz
June 10th: (title) Answer these questions plz
May 29th thread: (title) Please respond...

There's no need to "prompt" for answers here. If someone knows, they'll answer. There's no need to beat around the bush. Just ask it. :)

So one is not allowed to type a subject that sounds prompting? Is there other things one can't type? Is there some guidlinnes on what is allowed and not in subjects? How the heck is one supposed to know what to type in subjects when one can't even type a simple thing such as "please help". Perhaps you can give a few sugestions on what he SHOULD have typed instead withouth turning it into something long (unless there is some restrictions on minimum length as well).
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
What he SHOULD have typed is what every other new person with a Diablo question types: "Please help, JARULF" ;)
Quote:So one is not allowed to type a subject that sounds prompting?

I wasn't modding him, nor would I mod his posts for that. I was just saying that, around here, you don't need to prompt answers. People will answer if they can (or if they're interested). Also, given how forums work, "urgent"-sounding titles won't get answered faster than other posts.

OK,I'll try not to add "please" in future(I admit,I did it too often-sorry for that)

Two more questions-answer them if u can:

1.I can't find decent,comprehensive and THOROUGH guides on Rogue and Monk-throw in a link or two if u know.

2.I play a PSX version of D1-does it differ significantly from the PC version? My uniques are vanishing when I start a new game-why?

3.What OFFENSIVE spells does a Rogue REALLY need?

4.+Magic things are called "reading glasses",right? So,If I get all the +magic gear (like helm,weapon,shield,armor,ring,ring,amulet)at ideal,what +magic would I have(I know,"look at JG",but I've lost my copy and I don't have an online link)
Quote:1.I can't find decent,comprehensive and THOROUGH guides on Rogue and Monk-throw in a link or two if u know.

Monk: I know of two guides. Foxbat's and Ice's.

Rogue:
Ice's
Claudio's

Quote:2.I play a PSX version of D1-does it differ significantly from the PC version? My uniques are vanishing when I start a new game-why?

Someone this past summer was compiling a list of differences between PSX and PC D1. Here and a few more things here.

As to why uniques disappear, they just do.

Quote:3.What OFFENSIVE spells does a Rogue REALLY need?

...well, you don't *really* need any spells or magical items. But most rogues like a decent level Chain Lightning at the very least. More rogue-savvy lurkers may have more to add here.

Quote:4.+Magic things are called "reading glasses",right? So,If I get all the +magic gear (like helm,weapon,shield,armor,ring,ring,amulet)at ideal,what +magic would I have(I know,"look at JG",but I've lost my copy and I don't have an online link)

*cough*

Don't read the site much, I take it?

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/jarulf/

Maximum +Magic: +30 Dreamflange, +15 Brill Shield, +20 Sorc Hat, +20 Sorc Armor, +90 (Jewelry). In PSX, you may have to settle for +20 Sorc weapon since uniques aren't stable.

Puma,Aug 25 2003, 11:04 AM Wrote:1.I can't find decent,comprehensive and THOROUGH guides on Rogue and Monk-throw in a link or two if u know.

2.I play a PSX version of D1-does it differ significantly from the PC version? My uniques are vanishing when I start a new game-why?

Another Rogue guide

And you won't be needing a monk guide unless you plan to get the PC version and Hellfire. BTW, I've never believed the rumors about secret characters in PSX Diablo, but have anyone come up with any evidence of their (non-)existance, or are they just about as real as the cow level?

(Had to edit, not used to quoting)
Puma asks:
1.I can't find decent,comprehensive and THOROUGH guides on Rogue and Monk-throw in a link or two if u know.

Ice's, Claudio's and Shuri's guides for Rogue are all excellent (they're the links others have provided). Shuri's says 'Multiplayer Guide' but most of it's relevant for playing single.

And:
3.What OFFENSIVE spells does a Rogue REALLY need?

Depends on what you mean by 'really'. You could conceivably get through all levels with no offensive spells. It would be painstakingly slow, though. I'm currently playing a clvl36 Rogue and I like using magic, so my spellbook is more advanced than many Rogue's would need but FWIW here's my take on spells -

I always have Chain Lightning, Fireball and Stone Curse hotkeyed. I think those are the really necessary spells (with Mana Shield as my fourth hotkey for bacon-saving), so that's my short answer. For offensive work, those will do what you 'really need'.

Now the rest -

Firewall and Flame Wave are both useful, Firewall doing far better damage. Golem is especially helpful for magistrate-types who will stand there and uselessly attempt to 'Flash' him while he pounds them, and he's great for bashing statues after you Stone Curse. Sometimes he can wake up enemies for you but this is unreliable/unpredictable. On the other hand, he can also *distract* enemies for you, and that can be very useful.

Guardian is a handy scout but won't do much damage. Same with Elemental. These two can draw enemies out of a room for you slowly enough to take care of them with your bow. (Although, if you choose to go for really high spell levels and lots of +Mag then both can do enough damage to be very useful).

Charged Bolt can also help to wake up enemies in a room so they come to the narrow doorway and you pick them off there - but its damage is only enough to weaken higher monsters. Ordinary Lightning can be used if you don't want the wide spray of effect from Chain Lightning, but it'll have low damage compared to CL. Holy Bolt works on Leoric and Diablo but otherwise only on undead monsters so it isn't much use for general offensive stuff, *except* that it will kill Black Deaths so if it's doing better damage than your bow use it on them.

Bone Spirit is kinda cute-looking and can draw out enemies but others do so better. Firebolt is basically pointless once you have Fireball. Flash is utterly pointless in my opinion, but some disagree - see next para. Blood Star is utterly pointless in just about everybody's opinion. Inferno looks cool the first time you use it and that's probably the last time you'll use it. Phasing can be used like Teleport - see next para - but the random effect makes this next to impossible IMO, and dangerous.

Teleport is perhaps not 'offensive' in the way you mean, but is part of the offensive arsenal, as well as being a very handy method of escape. The various guides show you how to incorporate Teleport with other spells and non-spell attack. For instance, when a monster approaches bounce to the other side of him - he turns and chases you to your new position but you bounce back again and gain yourself half a screen of shooting time. Another one is to set up Firewalls and by bouncing back and forth over them you can draw monsters through them repeatedly. Or you can simply Teleport around to get a lot of monsters following you then draw them towards a corner (you stand in the corner) and you massacre the lot with CL. A specific method called 'TeleFlash' has been used by some effectively - Teleport next to a monster and immediately Flash them to death. I am not skilled enough to do this reliably, but it's wise to explore the use of Teleport as an offense.

Mick.