I am a big fat liar.
1: I am still not done coding HTML! I keep pushing the deadline back and back. I've corrected everything that was wrong with the original Diablo History Project. I've added about 30% of the information given to me to the DHP. I've finished the patch history. The memorable quotes page actually exists now. But my HTML stinks. I spend an hour typing, and another hour fixing everything. Just ONE LITTLE MISSING SLASH can screw things up. When I return to school, I can finally update my JRE so I can run Arachnophilia, which is supposed to add my tags for me. One can only hope.

2: Things are not looking good for my HC characters.
- Effexor: died in Act 2 because I couldn't leave that LEB alone. A shame, too--I just made Steel.
- Paxil: tri-elemental sorc, committed suicide by running smack into Rakanishu and firing charged bolts.
- Prozac: sword barb, met his death on the friggin' Blood Moor when I went AFK and forgot to pause the game.
- Wellbutrin: I was proud of my sacrifice/shockadin. I thought he had real potential. Players8 and Grizwold do NOT mix. (And he just gambled the neatest pair of gloves!)
- My final try at happiness was Celexa, an assassin. When she got mobbed by Blood Raven's undead and sprayed across the cemetary in meaty chunks, I gave up.

3: Picked up NWN, and told myself I couldn't open it until the DHP got published online. It might as well just stay here. :unsure:

4: In less than 24 hours, I will be back at Hollins. So why am I not fully packed yet?

5: Answer: my stuff is coated in a thick layer of grout dust and smells like it's been chain-smoking Marlboros. I actually think I'm running out of Febreze.

Not everything looks down, however. It's been a groovy summer, even though most of my Lurker Lounging has been a series of drive-by pathos mixed with exuberance. Things could have been a *lot* worse.

My writing has not fallen by the wayside, although it's intended for a mature (15+) audience, and probably people who've played Baldur's Gate II.

I wish all the college Lurkers a safe return to their places of education, and everyone else a return to normalacy, if any such place exists.

Ciao, bebes!
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Well, our educational year is within the calendar year here, but then I suppose that is because we decided to place summer at the end of the year ;)

Anyway best of luck with your return to study. What are you studying, and how far through are you?
Quote:But my HTML stinks. I spend an hour typing, and another hour fixing everything. Just ONE LITTLE MISSING SLASH can screw things up.

Welcome to the programmers' world.

Now just imagine if it were something more complex...
Righty-o, I've actually got something to say instead of constant whining! :D

How does one go about making a table out of HTML?

(I stuck Elric's trout in the freezer just in case anyone wants to get funny...first person who cracks about stacking the pages level on the legs gets trout-slapped.)

I'm trying to make a two-column table with several (20+) rows. I've tried typing in what I think are the table-making codes, but it's screwing with the page. Something with TR and TD in the brackets, then specifying height and width in pixels. It's not working. If anyone can help, can they PM/IM/email me?

I've nailed down my class schedule--finally dropped my theater major and the POS acting class!

--Introduction to Astronomy
--Special Topic: Novel Writing (as in big fat book writing, not new paradigm writing)
--Advanced Creative Writing
--Special Topic: Beat Generation (with an end-of-semester poetry slam!)
--Japanese I
--Beginning Foil (fencing, not aluminum)
--Special Topic: Web Design I ;)
Count Duckula,Aug 25 2003, 05:36 PM Wrote:How does one go about making a table out of HTML?
I'm not very familiar with using HTML as a building material for house-hold furniture, but this would be a good place to start if you're looking into displaying tables with HTML. ;)
I thank you, and Tal too...but...

*finds Elric's frozen trout and wields threateningly*

...I warned you...
???

I haven't needed tags for about the last couple of years... drag n' drop is so much quicker ;) There are plenty of free dnd html editors out there (I wont recommend any since I am not a regular user).
Maybe this can help you a little.

Code:
<table width=760 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=0>
<tr>
<td valign=top>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<table width=380 height=100% cellspacing=0 cellspacing=0 border=1>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<tr>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<td height=60>This is the 1st row in the left</td>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</tr>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<td height=50>This is the 2nd row in the left</td>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<td height=30>This is the 3rd row in the left</td>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<td>This is the 4th row in the left</td>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</table>
</td>
<td valign=top>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<table width=380 cellspacing=0 cellspacing=0 border=1>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<td height=50>This is the 1st row in the right</td>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<td height=80>This is the 2nd row in the right</td>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<td height=70>This is the 3rd row in the right</td>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<td height=40>This is the 4th row in the right</td>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<td height=90>This is the 5th row in the right</td>
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
Count Duckula,Aug 25 2003, 09:43 PM Wrote:I thank you, and Tal too...but...

*finds Elric's frozen trout and wields threateningly*

...I warned you...
Was what I sent you not what you needed? If so then my apologies. If you could send me the html that you're trying to fix so that I could take a look at it I would be happy to help. I must have not read what you asked right...
4: In less than 24 hours, I will be back at Hollins. So why am I not fully packed yet?

I packed the night before I left to come back to Purdue, and was still packing the morning I left. My summer was mediocre. I will not be returning to the job I had because they are looking for architects, not engineers. :( This is my schedule for the semester. I'm carrying 16 hours of classes. It wil be a difficult semester, but I think I can handle it.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
tal125,Aug 26 2003, 07:34 AM Wrote:Was what I sent you not what you needed? If so then my apologies. If you could send me the html that you're trying to fix so that I could take a look at it I would be happy to help. I must have not read what you asked right...
I'm pretty sure Ducky was talking about the really bad pun that YZilla made for the title of his post. And with a title like that, I can't blame her at all. ;)

Good luck at Hollins Ducky!
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
pakman,Aug 26 2003, 09:24 AM Wrote:I'm carrying 16 hours of classes.&nbsp; It wil be a difficult semester, but I think I can handle it.
/Rolls eyes and remembers 18hrs while pledging the fraternity./
16hrs. I loved the semesters when I only had 16hrs. Of course those were usually the semesters when I had fun stuff outside my major to take (physics, chemistry, calculus, anatomy, human sexuality, ballroom dance I (yes, there was a series I-III)). I miss my four years at college.

My schedule this semester is as follows:
M: 7:30-5:30 work
T: 7:30-5:30 work
W: 7:30-6:00 work; 7:00-10:00 Intro to Business Administration
R: 7:30-5:30 work
F: 7:30-5:30 work
S: 10:00-3:00 work discussion section (required attendance varies; contact boss for more information);

Note:
Now, lets be clear: I'm not complaining that my schedule is the hardest thing in the world, but it certainly is not as much fun as my college schedule was.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
See, the frat was your problem. :P
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Striker's right, Tal, I was commenting on YZilla's pun and trying to thank you both at the same time. :unsure: Y'all have been a big help.

Oh, and ya wanna talk pledging?

[Image: apopledge.jpg]

(Might take a bit for the image to show up.)

That's me, pledging APO my freshman year. Compare it to my avatar. :blink:

16 hours? Meh. Overachievers aim for 20! :P (And Purdue rules! My grandparents went to Purdue.)
Count Duckula,Aug 26 2003, 01:56 PM Wrote:Striker's right, Tal, I was commenting on YZilla's pun and trying to thank you both at the same time.&nbsp; :unsure: Y'all have been a big help.

Oh, and ya wanna talk pledging?
Ah good deal then. If you do need help again don't hesitate to ask. :)
Count Duckula,Aug 26 2003, 01:56 PM Wrote:Oh, and ya wanna talk pledging?
My wife is a member of Alpha Phi Omega. She and her brothers actually almost made me a member because I attended more service projects than any of their pledges (oh the things we do for love)

I wish I had pictures from our pledge football game. Mmm... Nine 18yr old kids (the Pi pledge class) against the brotherhood (about 30 guys). The only reason we don't have the requisit pictures of us coated in mud is because the field was covered in snow with a toping of ice. Still, we were the second class in chapter history (16 yrs at the time) to score a TD, and the only ones to ever lead (albeit 7-2). Ahh the memories (and the pain)...

And pakman , at least I joined a service fraternity, and not a social. Maybe a small difference to some, but to us, it meant that we were at least one step above the meathead beerocracy that marked the SU greek system...

Edit: I forgot, the whole reason I replied in the first place was to reccomend Lexapro, if you have any spare time (although it doesn't sound like it). I haven't read the phase III RCT rezults, but it's supposed to have all the potency of Celexa with fewer side effects. (Round about way of saying don't give up...)
BTW, my APO is Alpha Psi Omega. Theater group. ;) Maybe we should have played football instead of all that Viewpointing...maybe then the full-body tackling was supposed to happen...
Count Duckula,Aug 27 2003, 09:24 AM Wrote:BTW, my APO is Alpha Psi Omega. Theater group. ;)
Ah...

Apologies. I thought Alpha Phi Omega was better described as AFO anyway. I've always lemented the fact that people in certain fraternities pronounce their designation as a word instead of an acronym. Maybe that's just becasue you can't do that with mine, or maybe that's because I have respect for my fraternity, or maybe that's just because I'm an idiot. Who knows...

Hope the semester starts well for you...