Single Player Q's
I have a SP Character and thats it. I am level 28 and have killed Diablo many times and I havn't died once. I would think that that would make me strong enough to move on to nightmare but I don't have an option for that. Is it a bug? I am playing classic Diablo v1.09 The exp I get is so little I will have to clear out the last 4 levels 500 time to get to level 50!!! How do I get to nightmare mode??? I really need to find a way to level faster any ideas or strategies??? And does anybody know what happens to your stat points earned after gaining a level if all your stats are maxed???

I also would like to play on a lan with my SP Character is there any way I can convert SP to MP???
There's a well documented method of converting the single player difficulty to various levels, but it requires a multi-player character to do it =P

As far as moving to multi-player, there really is no point. Single and multi are really two different games. Just start over in multi and have fun!

Selby
'Allo. First things first: Multiplayer is where the real game is. Sure, there are not as many quests in MP as there are in SP, but the monsters are slightly more harder to kill (at Normal Difficulty) and the risk is greater, which only adds to the thrill. There's no Save-Reload with Multiplayer, so when your chaarcter dies, you have to either take risks to recover your gear (though there are techniques that would make it possible) or leave to gear to the bad guys. Hardcore, in a roundabout, half-hearted way. That's fun.

Secondly, the only way to increase Difficulty levels in Single Player is through an oversight in the program where, if you play Multiplayer game at either Nightmare or Hell Difficulty, then exit that game session (while the Diablo program is still running), you will then begin playing Single Player games at that same Difficulty when you start up or load a Saved SP game (or, heaven forbid, start up a new character!).
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Ok fine, I HAVE a lv 28 character and want to get him to level 50. Does anyone know of a quick way to gain exp. I need a lot as fast as possible!
Well, there isn't really any way of doing it FAST, if by fast you mean D2 fast. But you should definitely use the method outlined by Mr. Hael (see previous post) of upping him to a nightmare game. You'll make a lot more headway in that fashion.

By the way once you start the SP NM game in the way he says, it will stay as a NM game when you reload it.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Howdy.

Quote:By the way once you start the SP NM game in the way he says, it will stay as a NM game when you reload it.

I was surprised when I read that, as I remember being disappointed at not getting experience once with my SP character - I had forgotten to start a NM-difficulty game first.

So, as I said, I was surprised. I started a NM-difficulty game (and killed 30 Scavangers just to be sure) then loaded my SP game. I found myself in the Cats and, on approaching an Unseen, noticed that the given hitpoints were neither SP nor MP values found in JG.

Link to two supporting screenies.

I'm quite sure this is old ground, as far as HPs go, but I believe that SP games are not saved at difficulties other than Normal.

Cheers.
dotPlaid

*Edited because Scavnagers don't exist in Diablo.
It may be explained by the grace that Normal Difficulty Single player monsters are less tough than Normal Difficulty Multiplayer monsters. Cutting down the Butcher in SP and MP should show you difference. Such a difference may be magnified by the increases of NM and Hell Difficulties in Single Player games.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Monsters have half as many hit points in single player as they do in multi player =P

Selby