Do you have a pet?
I have a dog, a cat, a bird that we are looking for the owner of, and my sister has 3 frogs.

I was going to include a picture of my dog yawning, but it doesn't seem to work... :(

Ah, here it is! (Not for the faint of heart...)
This image has not been edited in any way.
I have a cat.

Meet Doc. I took this picture about 3 minutes ago with my digicam. It took me a few minutes to crop it and upload it to a free image host.
[Image: 379768.jpg]

She keeps blinking when the flash goes off. I can assure you she was purring fiercely at the time. She wasn't sleeping.

I'm not sure of the breed, but I think she might be a Maine Coon. She sure fits the description to a "T".

-DeeBye

EDIT after the above EDIT:
YOUR DOG IS THE SPAWN OF SATAN! AARRGHH!
[Image: 379855.jpg]
LOL! That's a keeper, too.
A cat, of course.

Not a Maine Coon, but the former feline was.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Pets?

Call me Noah.

2 cats. One very lazy old cat named Tomb Bomb. Don't ask me why I spell Tom with a B. Tom lately has the impression that speed kills, and pretty much refuses to move. He sits in my lap all day. The Spazmanian Devil is a psychotic kitty who really loves to use people as scratching posts. She loves me for some reason. Vet says she needs kitty Prozac, which I think is funny. Spaz really loves to box with my boxing nun hand puppet.

One fox. Wobbles. Missing a leg and a tail. Also a lap animal. Lazy. Orange. Fluffy. And flatulent. Suffers from some sort of nervous stomach disorder due to traumatizing experience. Has to take special enzyme pills.

A hampster named Boo. Charcoal matte black fur. Likes to sit in shirt pocket and snooze when I have the other critters put away. Boo loves home made dried banana chips. Do I need to mention how cute she is when her cheek pouches are full?

A turkey vulture named Molly. Also a rescue. Missing one wing. Loves sardines. Blech. Has the worst breath you could possibly imagine.

A parrot named Captain Salty. Was owned previously by a naval officer. He died. Family wanted nothing to do with the bird. Came to live with me. Bird litterally curses like a sailor. Previous owner thought it would be cute to have foul mouth parrot. Sings bawdy drinking songs, sea chanties, and likes to badmouth women. Can make my wife blush red on a daily basis, but she really likes him now. We have a real relationship going, a special bond. I call him Dip$#!^ and he calls me %@*!sucker.

A large flock of goats. Lots of goats. Mmm.. cheese.

Chickens. Wife will not let me kill them for food. She has named all of the chickens and the goats. We eat the eggs. There is a LOT of chickens.

Getting some ducks soon for the pond. Have plans to get a couple of miniature ponies. Talking to somebody I know about getting some peacocks. Might be getting those soon. Now that I have the right permits and licenses, thinking about getting llamas and maybe some ostriches or some emus.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:thinking about getting llamas

Llama Llama Llama Llama!!! :wub:

Get a Llama!! Llamas are the coolest! :) Did you know that llamas can "adopt" other animals, even chickens? Meaning that they guard them from all harm. They are also very intelligent, picking up tricks and stuff faster than most dogs? :D
The Lama

The one-l lama,
He's a priest.
The two-l llama,
He's a beast.
And I will bet
A silk pajama
There isn't any
Three-l lllama.*

-- Ogden Nash

(to which Nash appended the footnote
*The author's attention has been called to a type of conflagration known
as a three-alarmer. Pooh.
)

Hi,

Sorry, couldn't resist when llamas were mentioned :)

Presently we have two cats, brother and sister. And the sister (Scampi) is why I'm up at this ungodly hour of a Sunday. She needed some TLC, so she poked me in the face till I woke up and petted her. Put her back to sleep and left me wide awake. The things we do for love :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

We have two cats presently. Drizzt is our hellcat, very sweet to us, very mean to anyone else. This cat is also our professional hunter having killed multiple squirrels, birds and a full grown adult rabbit. :o We used to own his brother Wulfgar who was a very mellow, sweet brute (yes he took after his barbarian namesake and was 24 pounds of pure muscle) who would also send dogs packing. But alas the reaper called early for Wulfgar and he died of kidney failure. Now we have Charlie, a Maine Coon who's achieved his goal of being a fat, happy housecat. He also ascribes to the "speed kills" philosophy and spends most of the day on our overstuffed recliner. Additionally he is our official welcomer of new people once we can get him to come out of the closet that is. ;)

Previously I had a 135 pound Alaskan Malamute named Nikkiani Tannana Nanookoo (Nikki for short) who died at the ripe age of 13 which was twice her expected life span for her size. I also had a kitten named Chavez who would only respond to the name of S***-head. Go figure. Chavez was born with a brain tumor that claimed him at 6 months.

Tal's edit: Too many "alsos" ;)
Four cats, Bengals. They look like little minature leopards. Very active; sometimes I wish I had gotten couch cats (persians or something). Everyone who visits says they look incredibly cool.
At my parents house (no animals allowed in the apartment into which I recently moved), we've got a golden retriever named Kateri, and a Maine Coon cat named Kody. I'll work on some hosting so I can show a picture of Kody sleeping. Reminds me of Hobbes.
See you in Town,
-Z
Tomb Bomb has you beat. He is 25 pounds of pure FLAB! When he sits down on his haunches, rolls of flab cover his hinds legs like a skirt. When he jumps down (Rare occasion, he usually wants me to set him down) the forward motion of his fat pockets hides his whole head from view. Tom's skin ascribes to the one size fits most catagory. He even has rolls of flab you can pinch on his tail, although doing so will rob him of his elder statesmen dignity and he will screech and howl in a most pitiful fashion when you pinch one of his fat pockets. You can grab flab from the top of his skull, pinch it like dough, and leave it setting in a flab mowhawk.

Pffft. 24 pounds of muscle. Who needs that? :lol:

Now Spaz on the other hand, is about 13 pounds of pure hell. She is a munchkin blue haired Russian. She has short stumpy legs like a weinier dog. And a long body. Blue fur. Actual honest to God blue fur. Pound for pound, she is the most vicious animal I have ever encountered, and I have tangled with some mean beasties. I have to put her away when company comes over. She is MEAN in a way that redefines mean. So far, she has taken off a piece of the vet's nose, part of a nurses' ear, and bit off a hunk and swallowed a piece of a vet assistant's finger. Her eyes burn with intensity. When she looks at you, according to most, you can actually see she is plotting some way to kill you. But she is daddy's precious baby. She has never hurt me. When boxing with the puppet, she wont even use her claws. She is the sweetist most loving little ball of blue fur you have ever seen, but nobody will believe that. As mentioned, she needs kitty Prozac. I am still not sure I agree. Wife wants her declawed. Company pleads to have her declawed. (Somebody opened the wrong door trying to get to the bathroom. Blue Hell Fury came forth. Nothing that a dozen stitches can't fix. Sheesh, folk overreact.) I agree that something should be done. But I wont toss her out. I did have her fixed. (Nurse lost ear lobe on that visit)

The things we do for love.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Everyone seems to have cats....I can't stand them.

However, we don't even have a dog, my dad calls them #%(& factories. Oh well. We have gone through a nimber of hamsters. The best ones we had were the first and 4th ones. This first hamster we had was called snow, she was an albino hamster with red eyes, very friendly. I usse to take her out of the cage and ket her run around downstairs while my mom was watching tv, and it would scare the heck out of her. We had this little hamster ball that she ran around in. Too bad she got a tumor and started to gnaw on her leg, so we put her down.

The 4th hamster we had was a russian hamster (at least that's what the pet store called it). It was gray and had a black stripe going down its back from head to tail. So we called it stripe, clever, eh? :P The first night home she got out of the cage. The hamster was an escape artist, it was quite impressive to see her get out of the cage. This cage had this metal bars about 3/4 of an inch apart, and she would squeeze right through them, as I said, quite impressive. But she died on us. We have never gotton one since.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
My own pets are two bearded dragons, (lizards) named Cil and Spike. They're so cute :] I'd post pictures, but my parents snatched the digicam out of my hands and took it with them on vacation. *curses* :P

We also have a cat, named Imma. He's like a familymember. I'd weep as much over him when he dies as I would over my sister. He's 12 now, apparently a respectable age for a cat. He usually is kept indoors, but he finds his way out occasionally. Took the neighbour's cat apart very well last week. His first fight, (that I know of) a flawless victory! I'm so proud! >:]

We also have a bird, named Jippus. There is no other animal I despise more than this one. Instead of whistling a lovely tune, he simply enjoys shrieking so damned loud it nearly makes your ears bleed. One of these days, I'm going to make sure he ends up on Imma's dish :] We also have two aquaria full of fish, but those I hardly pay any attention to...
And you do not ask the cost...
I had been a Reef-maniac at my last apartment....Due to financial reasons, I dont have a reef yet established......My last one (75g) cost well over 3 grand with all fish...Im thinkin bout a smaller one at the present tho....But I miss my Snowflake Morray Eel....he was a pure white eel with "tiretracks" of black and yellow running his lenght....He was handfed shrimp daily and never bothered any of his "roommates"...And Mandy, the Mandarian Goby...a stunning specimin that I saved from "fish store" abuse....She was a paisly pattern of blue, red, purple and green....most professionals said that Id have killed that fish in weeks, but I had her well over a year, and she got very fat (contrary to the beliefs of friends and teh educated)...I bought her so she would at least die where someone would take care of her in her last days, but she made it :)....As for any current pets, My landlord is very against cats/dogs, so Pringle the Kitten has to live out the rest of his life with my Ex GF :(.......Poor poor cat... lll miss him...

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Doc,Aug 17 2003, 09:08 AM Wrote:Pets?

Call me Noah.
Doctor Dolittle fits you better. :)

Former owner of a yellow labrador retriever, a Satan's spawn mixed tabby, a cow-shaped mixed shorthair (black and white too ;)), and distant relative to a red tabby whose stripes run the opposite direction.

I'm apparently inheriting a goldfish when I return to Hollins.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
http://www.geocities.com/html_gremlin/Pet.html - My pet.

Bonus points to anyone who actually gets the reference :)
His name is Figaro. He was born on April Fool's day in 1997. He is part Springer Spaniel, and parts and pieces of other fine breeds. A true composite dog, per Mark Twain*.

Our fish owning has expired. After Fletcher the Fifth (our fifth gold fish) died a horrible death and Fletcher the Sixth (Siamese Fighting Fish) did the same, we decided that fish were simply not our thing. Only Fletcher the First survived, and that because my son "set him free" in a hotel fountain right before we moved from Kansas and could not take him with us.

*About composite dogs, per Twain:

"A composite dog is a dog who embodies all of the finest characteristics of a number of breeds. A mongrel is all the riff-raff left over." (Or words to that effect, I forget the exact quote.)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
A GREEN D?

For some reason, the Balrog type creature from Angband comes to mind. I once ran into a green something or other and DIED HORRIBLY EVERY SINGLE FRICKING TIME I SAW IT!!

Run away!! :blink:
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
The one on the left is Jojo, the one on the right is Chelsea both are about 10 years old. Jojo is lucky she is a pet because she is very loyal but too dumb do anything else (behold her ONE trick: "sit"!). Chelsea has the opposite problem and always does the wrong thing and is smart enough to avoid getting cought, most of the time.
[Image: 182492.jpg]