very confusing....
Ok my Home computer doesn't allow me full access to the internet. I can access web pages, some web based chatrooms, and DL things for some pages. My computer has this IP stuck in it that even my uncle who is microsoft certified can't figure out how to remove it. So i thought I might post it here to see if any of you could give me some ideas to try.

Oh, and I have tryed to format but my computer won't give me the option to format using the XP Pro disc, and no I have not try to use a dos disk but I am going to here soon.

Thanks for your help,
Janitor.
V1.10!!!

AIM:NoPopUpsPlz (not on Much)
E-mail: Shecklerm@msn.com

Contact me for an TCP/IP game anytime!
Could you give an example of something you can't access? It may just be a tempoary issue with the ISP.

I can't really think of anything. Download Hijack This! and post the log. Don't actualy use that program to remove stuff yet.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
What browser are you using? If it's Internet Explorer, check your security settings (Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet). If your security settings are out of whack, you might not get as much internet access as you'd like.

Are you behind a router? Firewall? Each of these can limit internet access to various degrees. It's hard to troubleshoot the problem without all the information.

Quote:My computer has this IP stuck in it that even my uncle who is microsoft certified can't figure out how to remove it.

Your uncle is either a dork, or you misunderstood what he was trying to do. Removing your IP won't help. "IP" stands for Internet Protocol. If you REALLY want to remove it (don't do this), go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection > right-click > Properties > then deselect the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" box. Press "OK".

Again, don't do this.

Instead, post a fully detailed account of the trouble. List your connection type, hardware, etc. This information is essential, especially to us non-Microsoft certified peoples.

-DeeBye
Archon_Wing,Aug 17 2003, 05:11 AM Wrote:Could you give an example of something you can't access? It may just be a tempoary issue with the ISP.

I can't really think of anything. Download  Hijack This! and post the log. Don't actualy use that program to remove stuff yet.
For the link to work, I needed to add "www" to it:

http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
That was odd. Mines worked without the www. But I guess I should edit it to include it anyways.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)