Any OLD help fo a NEW player?
I recently stumbled onto my wife's PC Game stash, and now I'm hooked! B) Unfortunately, the only internet access I have is at work, so I cannot download any patches, let alone play online. Are there any strategy guides/cubes recipes and the like for D2 BEFORE any patches? :huh:
Live Nobly, Die in Battle, or live ignominiously and die like cattle.
The patches can be downloaded as stand-alone files from www.battle.net

Perhaps you can download them at work, burn them to CD/ftp em' and install them at home?

Either way, here's the World's Tiniest D2 1.0 Guide:

1. Corpse Explosion Necros are really, really strong
2. Static Field is the best skill in the game
3. Whirlwind Barbarians are best with long, high damage sticks
4. The Act 2 end boss, Duriel, can and will kill you before the game loads it's graphics
5. Killing the Council in Act 3 with lots of magic find gear will bestow upon thee riches and riches.

:)
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, the largest file I can take from work is :unsure: 1.44MB. Yep, we're in the dark ages of Win95! :( Hell, I don't even have USB support! Guess I'm going to have to quit being lazy and lug that old, heavy, POS puter to work....
Live Nobly, Die in Battle, or live ignominiously and die like cattle.
Ignatz,Aug 15 2003, 04:39 AM Wrote:The patches can be downloaded as stand-alone files from www.battle.net

Perhaps you can download them at work, burn them to CD/ftp em' and install them at home?

Either way, here's the World's Tiniest D2 1.0 Guide:

1. Corpse Explosion Necros are really, really strong
2. Static Field is the best skill in the game
3. Whirlwind Barbarians are best with long, high damage sticks
4. The Act 2 end boss, Duriel, can and will kill you before the game loads it's graphics
5. Killing the Council in Act 3 with lots of magic find gear will bestow upon thee riches and riches.

:)
talk about a flashback B) ...
"If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" - Smile
With the advent of broadband, there has to be hundreds of thousands of unused 14,400 modem cards around. You could probably make the Quantum Leap to 1999, or mayne even 2001 technology for under $100.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hi,

You could download the patch at work, Zip it across multiple floppies and take it home that way. Much easier than lugging your boat anchor around :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Look up strategies and reports.

MMAgCh wrote a Barbarian Guide

DaShiv's Necro Guide

DaShiv Barbarian Report

DaShiv's Sorceress Report

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/diablo2/strate...ss-dashiv.shtml

DaShiv's Charge Paladin Report

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/diablo2/strate...in-dashiv.shtml

Other old school stuff at :

The Strat Page
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Pete,Aug 15 2003, 02:34 PM Wrote:You could download the patch at work, Zip it across multiple floppies and take it  home that way.  Much easier than lugging your boat anchor around :)
I've always preferred ARJ to Zip for multi-floppy backups. To elaborate the point:

http://www.arjsoft.com/files.htm

Code:
C:\>arj a -va -jm a:\myfile.arj originalFile

This will create a compressed ARJ archive in the floppy, auto-detecting available space in the floppy and prompting to insert the next one when it'S full. Then, to open it at home, put the first floppy in the drive and do:

Code:
C:\>arj x -v a:\myfile.arj

Don't forget to take ARJ with you home in a floppy too!
If you DO end up patching, you might want to consider going to 1.06, not the most current patch (1.09d). 1.06 was the last patch before the expansion, and all the more current patches gave the nonLoD kind of a backseat to the expansion game, giving it all of the rebalancing without Act V and all the items and the two characters.
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!