Bolty may I please have a flame waiver?
Bolty,

Could we please consider a change to the forum rules to allow flaming of posts asking silly questions about the Chat Gem.

A poster has some responsibility to at least perform a search within this forum to see if the subject has come up before.

If a poster chooses not to do their homework and asks "What does the chat gem do" then s/he should be fair game and a blanket waiver should be given to all Loungers to fire away. ;)

Barring that, I think we'll need a locked sticky that says:

"THE CHAT GEM DOESN'T DO ANYTHING"

Cheers
Some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumble down the stairs.

pjnow,Aug 12 2003, 04:29 PM Wrote:"THE CHAT GEM DOESN'T DO ANYTHING"
:o But it does do something once "the perfect gem activated" message appears , you just have to follow an intricate series of steps and procedures , then all will be revealed .... ;)
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
The Chatgem works perfectly :P

And really, while it may be another's duty to search, it's your duty to be polite. No matter how often you've had to answer the question already. It's not at all that hard to say: "The chatgem has no effect on the game whatsoever."
And you do not ask the cost...
Or simply ignore such questions.
Before the Countess Drops a Zod Rune. :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
No, I like making up random stuff to fool them with. :P
I have decided to contain info on how to learn about the chat gem in my signature.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Wow, the Chat Gem is working even better than I thought!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Sigh.

It was worth a try.

I'm beginning to believe that blizzard's rube-detector may be the most clever piece of social engineering ever devised by mankind. Thpusands of years from now archaeologists will be puzzled by the sudden rise and fall of the "Chat Gem" cult.

Even people who know darn well that the bleeding thing doesn't do anything can't stop discussing it.

It's the online equivalent of a sign that says "Don't touch"

Or to be more crude, it's a virtual scab that you can't stop picking at.
Some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumble down the stairs.

I <3 the chat gem.
I love how a single, stupid, unused UI widget can cause so much annoyance.

On the positive side, it's great how fitting a metaphor the chat gem is for D2 in general. I mean, how different is clicking the mouse button to operate an MS 'zon from, say, clicking the chat gem? :)
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
One requires a left click, the other requires right click. :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Ren and Stimpy flashback :

"Whatever you do , never plush the red , shiny button that says 'Do Not Push' !!"
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
ImpressiveOne,Aug 12 2003, 06:13 PM Wrote:I <3 the chat gem.
Is that a heart, or are you mooning the chat gem?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.