Spearazons
I have decided to make a Amazon which that spears. I have very little experience in the general amazon field, so I need a little advice. I have lots of experience in the assasin, and barbarian fields, (durid, and necromancer as well, but i'm not making a mage), any relation between the 2 classes would be help full.

Thank you all for your help
Shoot to Thrill, Play to Kill
My first character I created was a spearazon, back when the game first came out. She rocked through normal and nightmare until she reached hell and physically immune leb's. I didn't know about any guides or the lurker lounge then, so I had to be creative and use arcing, fire damage javs and anthrax ones until her lightening fury was high enough to kill physically immune monsters. You will be more fortunate, with 1.10 arriving soon or at least by the first snow in Death Valley.

Here is a very good guide for spearazons: http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-guides/...s/spearazon.php

You will also want to keep an eye on the spearazon forum at the Amazon Basin for 1.10 findings, so you develop her for the monster challenges that come. Also, check out the damage opportunities in 1.10 lightening skills.

Good Luck! I think you will find her fun and challenging to play. I hope this helps.
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down

Neil Young
I'd suggest a heavy investment in the avoid/dodge passives. Evade needs only a point because you'll be standing still more, plus when you're running, you'll be running away from projectiles. Watch out for attack rating. Struggle for Ar increasing items and some points in penetrate. One point in jab does fine, and you should probaly max fend. Fend will be your primary skill, with jab to leech life back. Find a stack of javelins with elemental damage on weapon switch, but you don't need to worry about that until hell. Decoy and valkyrie will be very important in helping you survive.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Using Amazon and Decoy and your merc to set up a front line, you can attack sans shield with a Pike using Fend. I won't say it is easy, but if you use the terrain tp channel the monsters toward you on a narrow frontage, the long reach two handed weapons do nice damage with Fend. Fend with Javeling Shield set ups tends to be faster, and your 'getting hit' odds go way down when you combine Dodge, Avoid, blocking, and Defense Rating.

YMMV
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hi, since I'm not so jet lagged today-my body still partially thinks its in Copenhagen-I thought I would add on to my earlier post.

Spearazons, and all zons really, love ias. Here are some fend tables from the amazon basin for various spears. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...=ST&f=39&t=5981

Life leech is very important for spearies-both of mine have 25 to 30%. You will find your life ball bouncing around a lot, which is normal.

Of the passive skills, critical strike is key-for spearies I try to have a minimum of 51% before skill adders. Crushing blow is also a quality to look for in equipment. Valkerie is much improved in the patch-at level 8 she gets a lance, at level 17 a war pike in 1.10. Here's a thread breaking down per level what she gets. http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...t=ST&f=8&t=1391. I like having at least 12 points in valkerie, and now that she can actually kill things, I will probably invest more. Decoy is a wonderful skill-some spearazons max it. I haven't put more than a few points into it yet. I cast it in front of stygian dolls, behind frenzytaurs, in the middle of leapers, depending on the situation. It also can help a comrade in need by casting it near them to draw monsters attention away.

For stat points, strength and vitality are key, and enough dex to maintain good ar-85 to 95% chance to hit is a good goal. If this is hardcore, then there would be a greather emphasis on vitality.

As others have mentioned, fend will be your primary attack, and jab your one on one skill. Jab has been fixed in 1.10-it now does 3 attacks, rather than the 2 it currently does. Here's a thread on that if you are interested. http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=39&t=29746

It is a good time to start a new spearazon with the patch on it's way. Of my 6 zons, I enjoy playing spearies the most. I am looking forward to the ladder and starting a another one. Have fun playing your new character!
Comes a time when you're driftin'
Comes a time when you settle down

Neil Young