Char Creation for 1.10/Char editor etc....
I have a number of Higher level chars on Closed/Us-east, and am looking to test their gusto in 1.10 beta. Ive been made aware from an /F list buddy of a way to "copy" your char from Closed, to open....I was wondering how this is done, or at the very least a link to a decent/non-trojaned Char creator. After that I know where to find all your I.P. addresses ;)......

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
You can make an Open character at CLevel 33 without doing anything special, just start D2X with the -act5 parameter on the command line, and create the character in Single player. He'll show up in Act 5, at CLevel 33 with no quests completed, 32 skill points and 160 attribute points to spend. You can then use that character in Open TCP/IP games.

Getting equipment is something else, but with /players 8, the drops are so good that you shouldn't have any trouble getting adequate equipment by the time you blow through Normal.

-rcv-
Well, you could use Shadowmaster for making the char, then get Jamella for the items, (some mods can't be made in Jamella) then "upgrade" to 1.10. Or you could use ATMA. Haven't used it yet, so I am not sure if any versions could make your items and char properly.
The latest version of ATMA now works with 1.10s. However, the current version of ATMA can't make items or edit characters (it can make new level 1 characters though). It is designed for muling only.

Bob
Ok all ty for the info....I actually spent most of the afternoon lookin up info.....I did find a way to make an exact copy of my realm char.....I dont know if I can say of how I did it , but I can assure you all I never used that program before, and never will again. Thanks again all....

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Tarlok,Aug 13 2003, 12:25 PM Wrote:The latest version of ATMA now works with 1.10s.  However, the current version of ATMA can't make items or edit characters (it can make new level 1 characters though).  It is designed for muling only.

Bob
Have you actually gotten ATMA to work with 1.10s? I would love to get my items back that were rust stormed, but so far it's unable to open any of my 1.10a characters (or my 1.09 character either).
Jorath,Aug 14 2003, 07:04 PM Wrote:Have you actually gotten ATMA to work with 1.10s? I would love to get my items back that were rust stormed, but so far it's unable to open any of my 1.10a characters (or my 1.09 character either).
You know you need to convert them with ATS first?
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
MMAgCh,Aug 14 2003, 06:37 PM Wrote:You know you need to convert them with ATS first?
Yeah, I couldn't until I put ATS in the ATMA directory. Now it works great (see my similar post on SA).

Let me be among the first to sing the praises for ATMA and ATS for saving my rust stormed items and allowing my cahracters from 1.10a to fight again!