Editing SP characters?
hakai_no_tenshi,Aug 5 2003, 07:07 AM Wrote:2) Auto Convert which would automatically convert mules/stashes from one version to another (higher) version.

3) A better way of sorting the stash layout.
You will be my bestest friend once these improvements are implemented! :) I just got done with the conversion of all my stashes from 1.09 to 1.10a (using mules to "upgrade" the items to 1.10 format in-game), and all the work was for nothing thanks to 1.10s. :( Fortunately I kept a backup of the 1.09 files (or rather, ATMA did it for me - great job).

Is there a main forum where ATMA discussions take place? I'm finding bits and pieces of information at Phrozen Keep, PlanetDiablo, here, and, DII.net (if you can catch them before they disappear). It would be great if you had a "home forum" where we could be kept up to date on your latest ideas and improvements, and maybe offer suggestions or help if you want or need them.

Bob
(Personifying the "Lurker" in LL!)
Actually, it looks like there may be a way to trick 1.10s into keeping your 1.10 items but with all the changes, I don't know if it's worth implementing in ATMA right now. I'm more inclined to wait for trhe final version instead of playing catch-up all the time. In any case, you are right about ATMA needing it's own forum. I'll look into that at some point.

--T
I will occasionally get into the semantic argument with folks about Single Player, Other Multiplayer (TCP IP and Open) and Realms, but it all boils down to how you have your fun.

One of the things that I find intriguing about SP is that I have to make decisions: What to keep, what to sell, when to gamble. As an old D & D player, I still have a belief that encumberance should play into an RP game, and that "Bags of Holding" are a bit of a silly loophole. (Though handy!)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhi , dont forget portable holes ...... great for halfling thieves back "in the day" ! ;)
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
I'm sorry to hear the SP forum for D2.Net has degenerated more. I posted infrequently there until the latest forum messup which would have required me to re-register. To me, that was more trouble than it was worth. And now with your news of the SP forum being more hostile to muling, I'll never bother re-registering to provide input that may lead to banning. Honestly, I don't see what the big fuss is but since there were editing capabilities the admins at D2.Net decided to ban the mention of the program. I suppose the admins thought they were doing what they could to prevent D2 powergaming, but that is an unachievable goal.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.
While fiddling with the item format, I wrote a (ugly, no doubt buggy, windows console) program that can convert 1.10 files to 1.10s without item loss which this margin is to small to contain. I can release it if someone has a place for me to host it.

-- frink
Professor Frink,Aug 6 2003, 11:38 PM Wrote:While fiddling with the item format, I wrote a (ugly, no doubt buggy, windows console) program that can convert 1.10 files to 1.10s without item loss which this margin is to small to contain.  I can release it if someone has a place for me to host it.

-- frink
Heh heh, a Fermat fan, I see ;) I still believe he was pulling our leg with that quote. As far as the conversion program goes, I could host it for you on the ATMA website if you'd like. I just haven't gotten around to coding up 1.10s ... *sigh*

Actually, I'd like to test the code first to see how bugged it is. I could probably whip up a conversion routine quickly but I'm feeling rather lazy now.

--T

edit: I just added code to read the extra 96 bits for 1.10s and it works like a charm. It would have been cool to have a conversion utility outside of ATMA so that I know any 1.10 mule loaded *has* to be 1.10s ... as it is, I could write up something real quick which would do the conversion in ATMA but I can't idiot-proof it. I guess that is why Blizzard decided to delete everything instead of playing guessing games.
The infamous Hayseed Lindensap, halfling thief and adventurer, had one of those.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I can't figure out what to do with cubemain.txt from Nobbie's little mod on a mac. The PC install instructions describe files I don't have, a command line that I don't have access to, and I've tried everything I can think of from other mac mods. (replacing the Diablo II Patch files, etc)

Anybody have any idea if this is possible, and if so, how it's done?

Thanks,
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Frink: I didn't hear from you so I went ahead and bit the bullet. I have just finished up a utility which I call ATS (1.10"a" "to" 1.10"s") which will convert your 1.10a mules/stashes to 1.10s. It will be in the ATMA distribution when I upload the next revision. Stay tuned.

--T
Doc:

Thank you! May all your drops be green and gold (or yellow in 1.10)! :D

Bob
You've already got your character loading/saving down, so that'll probably work out better anyway. In attempting to get my program running on a machine other than the one I built it on I ran into some issues that will prevent a prompt release for me.

-- frink
unfortunately the download-link on the ATMA-site doesn't work :(
shodan,Aug 11 2003, 06:40 AM Wrote:unfortunately the download-link on the ATMA-site doesn't work  :(
Unfortunately, I do not administrate the ATMA website. I sent the person in charge email earlier tonite about the link but I don't think he has seen this. Until he fixes the link, you'll have to wait a bit.

--T
hi there,

it seems that the link is fixed and i just downloaded the new version of your great program. but somehow it doesnt work for me...i got the following problem:

i'm playing 1.10s and started a completely new amazon, who is now at lvl24. i opened her file in ATMA and upon loading it says in the Info-screen: "Invalid item data: non-zero gem count on non-socketed item Tir Rune at 00000483". the same happens with an El and an Eld rune. when i save that character again with ATMA it becomes corrupt -> ATMA and D2 cant load the file anymore because of bad inventory data...

so what to do? is this a known error? did u put the wrong version online (the one without the 1.10s support maybe)? any inputs? maybe you can help, thx!

shodan
shodan,Aug 12 2003, 02:24 PM Wrote:hi there,

it seems that the link is fixed and i just downloaded the new version of your great program. but somehow it doesnt work for me...i got the following problem:

i'm playing 1.10s and started a completely new amazon, who is now at lvl24. i opened her file in ATMA and upon loading it says in the Info-screen: "Invalid item data: non-zero gem count on non-socketed item Tir Rune at 00000483". the same happens with an El and an Eld rune. when i save that character again with ATMA it becomes corrupt -> ATMA and D2 cant load the file anymore because of bad inventory data...

so what to do? is this a known error? did u put the wrong version online (the one without the 1.10s support maybe)? any inputs? maybe you can help, thx!

shodan
1) If ATMA ever gives you an error message, never attempt to continue to save
2) Sending me a data file is the best way to see what the issue is (diablo_atma@hotmail.com)

--T

edit: I have fixed the misc issues that cropped up and uploaded the new version. Let me know if there are still any new issues to deal with.
Hi,

I too had problems with the version of 1.10s-compatible ATMA IV that was
initially available at the luminatrix website. However, that version seems to
have been replaced with a newer version. I have downloaded the newest
version, and it seems to work with all of my test characters. I have also
successfully used the newest version of ATS to convert some of my 1.10a
characters to 1.10s, with all of their equipment intact.

BTW, I think one way to tell if you have the newest version is to check the
dates of ATS.exe and ATMA_Installer.exe after extraction from the zip
files. The versions that work for me have dates of 8/12/03, with times
around 11pm.

Thanks Hakai_no_Tenshi !

Phylogen.
No problem ... I have been notified that 1.10s quest items do not load properly. I was just checking the data when I found out that these items also contain the extra 96 bits of data. That's a simple fix and I'll upload a revision at some point soon. The problem with not having beta testers is constant revisions :(

--T
hi
Somebody needs a ban. Pity that you are the one who took the 1234th member title... :angry: