So, it's been a while...
Many moons have passed since I last walked these lands :) I'm afraid I've lost touch with a lot of you, much to my own regret. Reallife has been really hard the past 6 months, not only in school, but with work and love as well. I can't say those are the only reasons for my absence, but they are the prime ones. So I'd like to hear how you're doing. I'm not going to list people's names, because I will undoubtedly miss people. I'm interested in all of you. How are my fellow lurkers doing?

As for me, I'm in a bit of a pinch schoolwise. (I'm still studying Physiotherapy) I have to pass one exam to stay in school, and another two to be allowed to go on to the third year. Else I'll be stuck in the second for another year. I'm sure I'll pass the first, but not too sure on the other two. At least I'll be allowed to go on my internship wether I pass the other two or not, that's a huge comfort.

I broke up with my GF a couple of weeks ago, which still holds some influence on my life. She and I are currently working very hard to keep our friendship going. Her other boyfriend (don't ask <_< ) though isn't really enthousiastic about this. While that makes stuff a tad hard, it's good to see we're both giving it a 100% chance. We're still eachothers best friends, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. We might have decided to no longer see eachother as partners, but the most important thing, our friendship, is still going strong.

Life seems to be going to the upside again :) I'm no longer playing Diablo2, I must confess. I hardly play anything anymore nowadays, except for Dungeons and Dragons. (one offline group, one online IRC group) I might be tempted back when patch 1.10 finally goes to the realms. Only time will tell :)

Edit: Oh yeah, I bought two Bearded Agames (reptiles) this week. They are the cutest things ever! :]

So, how're you doing?
And you do not ask the cost...
Welcome back to the forum.

You wanted to know about everybody, and I suppose that includes me.
I too am considering starting up D2 if 1.10 ever comes out.

Summer vacation is over for me next week, when I go back to the university college to study history.

I haven't been in love with someone for months. I'm enjoying every minute of it. It's such a ... looking for a word here. I guess "relief" might do. The lack of love makes living 10 times easier. I hope you get over your girlfriend quickly.

- [wcip]Angel
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,Aug 8 2003, 05:18 PM] I haven't been in love with someone for months. I'm enjoying every minute of it. It's such a ... looking for a word here. I guess "relief" might do.
Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I hope I can get the same feeling of relief soon. Right now I'm just trying to fill the emptiness. I never thought I'd ever be looking forward to not being in love. Heh.
Welcome back

The personality of this place seems to endure with formidable tenacity. I suspect that even on the Day of Judgement there will be a lurker posting about how late and shoddily put together the Day is with another lurker tearing him or her apart for spelling, content and factual veracity ;)
Faragon,Aug 8 2003, 10:47 PM Wrote:Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I hope I can get the same feeling of relief soon. Right now I'm just trying to fill the emptiness. I never thought I'd ever be looking forward to not being in love. Heh.
In times of suicidal grief, I find that episodes of The Simpsons really do help, if not for anything else, it does take your mind away from the pain for 23 minutes.

I wouldn't recommend listening to music though. I can only speak for myself, but I often find that music can make things tougher as it often clarifies your emotions and makes them more forceful and bitter. Last time I was in love I listened to a certain song for a 5-hour bus trip back to my home town, staring the girl whom I obsessed with in the back of the head. It wasn't good.

The song was Dream Theater - Space dye vest.

"Love is an act of blood and i'm bleeding
A pool in the shape of a heart

[...]
"but he's the sort who can't know
Anyone intimately, least of all a
Woman. he doesn't know what a woman
Is. he wants you for a possession,
Something to look at like a painting or an ivory box.
Something to own and to display. he doesn't want you to be real,
Or to think or to live. he doesn't love you, but i love you.
I want you to have your own thoughts and ideas and feelings, even when
I hold you in my arms. it's our last chance... it's our last chance..."

Extremely powerful and very sad song.
Welcome back Faragorn, hope you will get over your girlfriend soon, I have no idea how it feels but it probably isn't the best of feelings (has yet to find/feel love at all).

As for me, summer vacation seems too short yet too long, gets boring without going to school and meeting friends but I still remember the agony of waking up in 7 am (oh the humanity!) and getting ready for another day of boring lessons you'll most likely will never find yourself even thinking about thinking about them :).

I got accepted to the science class, it's a class where there's less students and is generally more advanced, aka the smart class (don't let the name fool you, even the smartest teen on earth is still a dumb hormonel teenager), wanted to get there from my first year at high school but my grades were too low, now my grades aren't very much either (especially in Hebrew, my native language) but the principel knows me and know how intellegent I am (or at least that's what she told me).

And yes, I am too waiting for 1.10 to get on the realms and maybe then, coupled with the ladder characters, I could probably return to play Lord of Destruction.

P.S That song you posted angel... very strong words, I would like to hear it although I have no idea where to find it.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Aug 9 2003, 03:53 AM Wrote:Welcome back Faragorn, hope you will get over your girlfriend soon, I have no idea how it feels but it probably isn't the best of feelings (has yet to find/feel love at all).

As for me, summer vacation seems too short yet too long, gets boring without going to school and meeting friends but I still remember the agony of waking up in 7 am (oh the humanity!) and getting ready for another day of boring lessons you'll most likely will never find yourself even thinking about thinking about them :).

I got accepted to the science class, it's a class where there's less students and is generally more advanced, aka the smart class (don't let the name fool you, even the smartest teen on earth is still a dumb hormonel teenager), wanted to get there from my first year at high school but my grades were too low, now my grades aren't very much either (especially in Hebrew, my native language) but the principel knows me and know how intellegent I am (or at least that's what she told me).

And yes, I am too waiting for 1.10 to get on the realms and&nbsp; maybe then, coupled with the ladder characters, I could probably return to play Lord of Destruction.

P.S That&nbsp; song you posted angel... very strong words, I would like to hear it although I have no idea where to find it.
@Angel: I find music to be a good way to deal with emotions. Dreamtheater is a very good band, but for the very same reason you stated not one that eleviates the pain.

@TaiDaishar: Very few words can describe how it feels, but let me tell you that it's enough to get me crying whenever I think of her. Every minute spent alone is one where you ache for her to hold you desperately. I've gone past that stage now, but it's still hard to focus on anything. Thoughts constantly plague you. The desire to call her up becomes bigger with every heartbeat. And when you do have her on the phone, or in your arms, nothing seems to matter anymore. The pain is gone, and has been replaced by bliss. Which makes departing only harder. Love is the best feeling there is when everything is going okay. It's worse than anything if it's gone bad. At this point, I'm not sure if I wish for you to find love soon or not, for the consequences can be very painfull.

I know what you mean with school. It's like a love/hate relationship. From one point, you can see your friends again, and from the other, it's school. :D I wish you much luck with the science class!
You have no idea who I am, as I most likely came along after you disappeared. But welcome back. :P

I can see that you're going through a difficult time, well that's an understatement, but I can somewhat sympathize, for what little that counts for. It's just a matter of time before you'll heal, and it seems far away now, but you'll make it. And it's great that you are still friends with her.

Bah, I hate it when people's love related affairs go wrong. I don't really know what to say.
*afk crying *
Meh, onto more brighter topics...

Anyhow, I never mind having more folks giving in valuable ideas, so let's have some fun here! The anticipated changes for 1.10 will be big. It might be lame, but at least it'll be new. Check out the D2 forums here for the latest discoveries. I guarantee at least one thing will suprise you. I've put down my d2 cds for now, and they are collecting dust, but you can be sure I'll be on battle.net when the final version goes live.
I'm too lazy to go beta testing. ;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
:D #$%& happens, you just have to keep moving, nice to meet you by the way.
|
|
\/
"If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" - Smile
Hey hey hey Fara!

I'm not gonna touch the relationship stuff. Not with a ten-foot rare pike. :blink:

As far as what's happening, I highly recommend trying some old-school gaming. I've played through Front Mission, am nearly done with Jedi Outcast, and have just started Final Fantasy VIII - which seems pretty cool, despite all the bashing it gets. I had wanted to get Parasite Eve, but the stupid shop only had 2 of the 3 discs in the case... grr.

'Coz, all bets are off when Knights of the Old Republic PC is released. :ph34r:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
WarLocke,Aug 9 2003, 03:25 PM Wrote:As far as what's happening, I highly recommend trying some old-school gaming.&nbsp; I've played through Front Mission, am nearly done with Jedi Outcast, and have just started Final Fantasy VIII - which seems pretty cool, despite all the bashing it gets.

A crappy FF game, is still a FF game at heart, which means it'll be 10 times better than any other given game.

I loved FFVIII. I had a marathon a few years ago where I spent 24 hours playing it (with food and bathroom breaks. Food-breaks were spent watching the FFVIII I had recorded on VHS by connecting my Playstation to the VCR instead of the TV.)

Taidashar: I uploaded the song just for you :)

Dream Theater - Space dye vest

And here are the lyrics.
I befriended a coyote who, having been raised in the irradiated wastelands of a long-forgotten atomic bomb testing range, was mutated into possessing super-powers and the ability to walk and talk. But what does this future superhero do to make use of his new-found powers? The dumb schmuck moves to Vegas and tries to scrape a living at the tables, singing Sinatra in hotel lounges and combatting whatever evil super-villainny falls his way.

As you see, raving insanity can be a lifesaver. I even had a horor/suspense/mystery story going along on that theme, whereas this telekinetic was taking over the minds of the people in a city, but one particular man who was spared this enslavement escaped so because he was clinically insane and whose mind was thus impossible for the villain to seize control of.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:Hey hey hey Fara!

I'm not gonna touch the relationship stuff. Not with a ten-foot rare pike.&nbsp;

As far as what's happening, I highly recommend trying some old-school gaming. I've played through Front Mission, am nearly done with Jedi Outcast, and have just started Final Fantasy VIII - which seems pretty cool, despite all the bashing it gets. I had wanted to get Parasite Eve, but the stupid shop only had 2 of the 3 discs in the case... grr.

'Coz, all bets are off when Knights of the Old Republic PC is released.&nbsp;
Heh, yeah, I think I'll get myself one of those 10 foot poles myself for the nearby future. Love needs to stay the hell out of my way for now :D

I'd love to get some gaming going on, but fact is that my current system can't play any of the new games because it's simply too damned old :lol: I'm planning an upgrade somewhere in two months or so. Then I'll catch up on all the goodness (NWN, Morrowind, hell perhaps I'll even give SW:G a try. Perhaps :P) Haven't checked much about KotOR out, but who nows.
I tried out KotOR for Xbox and even for it being on the console I thought it was extremely impressive, it will without a doubt be great on PC, I just hope the community gets into modding/map making, a multiplayer dueling mode would be excellent in it.
"If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" - Smile
I recently returned to the Lounge myself, now that it's active again due to v110's betas being released. Sounds like life's treating you pretty badly, Fara :(

I myself have never been in a relationship of that nature, though I can't say I have never felt such feelings. Can't give you much advice, I'm afraid, other than just keep going. Time heals all wounds, as they say. ;)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:A crappy FF game, is still a FF game at heart, which means it'll be 10 times better than any other given game.

I don't know if I'd label VIII as "crappy", although I'm probably not that far in (just past the Dollet SeeD graduation mission). There's definitely alot of things that make it "different" (the Junction and Magic systems especially), but different isn't necessarily bad.

Incidentally, I like the way everyone actually looks fairly mature. The short, big-head sprites you see in just about every other console RPG get old fast.

Oh, and Quistis can have me as her loveslave anytime. She is sexxay. The FMV with her and the spider-mech-thing was just :blink: :blink: :ph34r:!
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
One of my favourite FMVs of the game (along with another attack later in the game) ..

I never said FFVIII was crappy, I was just saying that even if one would consider FFVIII to be a crappy FF-game, it would still rank higher than most other games ;)

Yesterday I started playing FFVI for the first time on my PS2 and I'm having difficulties getting past the dated graphics. The FMVs are very impressive, but otherwise it looks like I'm playing on a nintendo. I'm not sure whether I'll be able to continue. I'm not a graphics-whore, but I just can't seem to play something NESy when the games I usually play have great graphics.