help on sin build
Hi. After finding out about blade shield not working with CB, Open wounds, and the STILL active typo bug, I've put that build on hold for a while. So, I decided to go with another build for now. This is what I plan on using so far:

Fade - 10(?)
CoS - 5
Wep Block - 1-10(whatever I need for 50% block w/+skills)
Venom - max
Shadow Master - 11ish for rare claw weps
Blade Fury - 1
Pre Reqs - 6

So, this leaves lots of room for other things. I would have gone with dragon claw, but with fade as my main passive, it is pretty slow. Dragon Talon as well would be pretty slow for my tastes. So I want to go with a trap. First I thought, Shockweb!!!! The skill looks really cool and might not be that bad with synergies and some cast rate going. But playing through for a while, I found out that shock web doesn't compliment blade fury very well because you have to keep casting it rather than the fire and forget traps that do the work well after being casted.

I'm thinking I'll go with death sentry for its moderate lit dmg and great CE. I'm still not sure which trap would benefit me the most yet though. Any thoughts?

-Sjafi
What are you looking at as your primary attack? If you're going with a non-blade trap, maxing Venom is going to be a waste for you, and you're gonna need those spare points for synergies. If your primary attack is gonna be Blade Fury, dual claws probably isn't the way to go - it only takes damage from one hand when you're dual wielding (and you won't gain too much from the extra +skills). Death Sentry does make a good backup to Blade Fury, though. What's your planned focus?
Well, imo dual claws does benefit blade fury for the fact that I can use Malice and Strength giving me open wounds and crushing blow. Yes, I do plan on using blade fury as my main source of damage. I wanted a trap for just fire and forget passive damage while I'm focusing on my primary attack. I'm leaning more towards death sentry because of its CE and added lightning damage. Anyone else care to help? :D
I've already tested this to death.

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=56&t=29747

Read the whole thread.

In short, "Malice" primary + "Strength" secondary Greater Talons combined with slvl 8 BoS = fastest Dragon Claw speed ever. Save 19 skill points.

Unfortunately Crushing Blow is crazily bugged right now. It rolls once for the summed percentage of CB for EACH CB ITEM you are wearing. And it depreciates based on in-game players.
Yeah, been reading your stuff Raziel. That has what sparked my attention on Sins :) But, I don't plan on going melee nor BoS. =\

Edit: I can't post in the AB for some reason, maybe im banned or something? Not sure. I had a friend who I let use my accounts when I quit LOD a long time ago who had a bad rep with the AB and got most of my accounts banned there :(
Well my apologies I obviously didn't read too close :)

I'd suggest something like "Malice" + "Strength" + Goblin Toe, and then wear regular equipment everywhere else. 50% CB is more than enough to make Blade Fury worthwhile when combined with Open Wounds, even if they fix the double application bug.

I reckon Death Sentry + Lightning Sentry is the way to go for you. You get two good lightning traps and a totally huge Corpse Explosion radius. You might have some issues against LI monsters though, but that's where Blade Fury and Venom comes in :) Kill one and BOOOOOOOOOOM.

Let's say your primary skills are as follows:

LS: 20
DS: 20
Venom: 20

Then your rounding out skills are:

Fade - 8 (IMO, a good breakpoint)
CoS - 5
WB - 8 (again, IMO a good breakpoint)
BF - 1

Notice i've dropped SM off the list entirely.. for now.

Total skill points: 84. Completable by level 72 if you do all the skill point quests.

After level 72, every remaining point can be dumped into SM.

You could mix it up a bit, drop CoS to 1, put 1 into Dragon Claw and 1-3 into SM, and rely on +skills equipment. Apparently +2 assassin skill talons can be shopped in Act 5. I suggest "Malice" and "Strength" are left on your weapon switch and used only when you want to Blade Fury/Dragon Claw.

Basically "Malice" and "Strength", combined with Dragon Claw, are your early game tools that grow into a supporting role for your lightning traps and Shadow Master as the game progresses. The runes for Malice are particularly easy to get early on.. the three socket claw is the hard part.

And no, I don't see you using Dragon Claw beyond the early stages of the game. It's basically a double-swing of desperation, for when monsters get too close, the traps aren't working and BF isn't keeping them away.
Man...I'm gone for a few days and I miss all the cool stuff. Sorry I wasn't any help.
After getting hooked and playing nearly the WHOLE day yesterday, I got to lvl 32.(playing with lots of people over tcp is fun) WOW getting that 3 socket blade talon was VERY HARD. I wasn't able to get one until level 31! I felt so useless the entire time, shooting my 60 damage blade fury in an 8 player game while necs amp+ce, sorcs go crazy with their spells, and me....sitting there casting CoS and shooting blade fury barely scratching monsters, lol. When I finally got malice on, I was actually doing damage, although not much. I look forward to finding myself an Amn and a Tir so I can make Strength. Then hopefully I'll start to be able to kill things on my own.

What do you think about fireblast for the extra shots in DS? I'm not sure on it, I don't really think 3 points is worth a point. And since I'm maxing venom, ds, and maybe ls, I will be pressed for points. I will want to get a decent shadow master, too. I will be putting points in her much earlier than lvl 70 though, having a reliable tank is always nice.

I completed normal yesterday and I might start up here in a minute, trying to gather up amn and tir. I'm going to check that post about nm Countess and see if she drops Amns :)

-Sjafi
If you're just going with DS and LS for kills, then I don't think the extra points in fire blast would be worth it.

My own sin went with DS and WoI as main traps, with LS and fire blast for synergies. The idea was that since DS adds damage to WoI and fire blast helps both WoI (more damage) and DS (more shots), I might as well take two different elements of traps and get good synergies out of both.

Of course, that means having to give up venom though, so to make up for the loss of poison, I used a few poison charms to turn monsters green for some okayish duration to stop their regeneration :).