New Beta 1.10 Patch!
New patch at the Arreat Summit.

Blizzard specifically says that it contains "item-deletion code". I haven't downloaded it yet or anything, so I don't know if it also has a lot of bug fixes/other changes, or not.

Edit: Got the list of changes from an AB post:

Quote:CHANGES

- Some Hacked Magic Items have been deleted

MONSTER FIXES

- Hephast the Armorer now looks and functions like a unique monster.
- Vex and Um now have their own graphics.
- NPC speech and gossip should now appear properly.
- Regular monsters can no longer recieve the same bonuses as unique monsters.

MISCELLANEOUS FIXES

- Stamina shrine now works properly.
- Entering chat text while your skill window was open with 1 unassigned skill point no
longer causes an assertion.
- Tool tip now reads proper mana cost to use Blade Fury.
- You can create a new character when hosting a TCP-IP Game now.
- Using the "/" character in the chat text box will no longer cause an assertion.
- In game Menu should now have full functionality.
- You may now portal to the Infernal Pit Dungeon from the Frozen Tundra and back without crashing.
- Portal to the Valley of the Magi now works when you have killed the Summoner.
- Multiplayer games no longer crash when the number of players and corpses are equal to 4.
- TCP/IP games no longer assert when a 4th player joins.
- Computer no longer disconnects from the game when you try to increase the Paladin's strength points
to the maximum number.
- You may now portal to Tristram.

CHARACTER, SKILL AND ITEM FIXES

- Necromancer skills: Dim Vision, Iron Maiden, Terror, Life Tap and Attract all work now.
- Necromancers are now able to revive the appropriate number of moonlords in Act 5 Throne
of Destruction.
- Necromancer Skeleton Mastery nows properly towards Magi Life of Skeletons.
- Necromancers wearing complete Trang-Oul's Avatar sets of Armor now work properly
during PVP
- Sorceress' Fireball skill now displays and functions correctly.
- Firebolt now gives synergy effect to the Hydra spell.
- Charged Bolt Sentry now recieves the propr amount of shots from the Lightning Sentry
synergy bonus.
- The Sorceress' skill Inferno correctly uses 7 mana per second now versus the previous
2 per second.
- Magic Arrows statistics for the Witherstring, Wizendraw and Witchchild String Bow are now fixed.
- The Compelling Stone can now be destroyed after killing the council and not possessing the
heart, brain and eye.
- The compelling Orb is now present to smash with Khalim's will.

MACINTOSH FIXES

- The UI Features now on the Macintosh in OS9 hardware render mode.
- Mouse cursor now works when using Macintosh OS9 in conjunction with Video acceleration.
- You may now buy skills on the Macintosh OS9.
- When quitting Diablo II, Lord of Destruction on the Macintosh OS9, you no longer crash.

- Dagni
Hi,

Just downloaded and installed the patch. Started a game with Ugar, my axarian. *All* of the items he had equipped, in his inventory, and in his stash were gone except for his helm and a staff. Those two items were white. Ugar was created in 1.10, all his gear was found in games solo or with Magi.

I'm gonna uninstall that POS to see if it saves the character, but I wanted to get this warning up first.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hi,

If you made the mistake I did and installed the 1.10s patch, you can recover by first running RevertTo109.bat in your D2 directory and then reinstalling the 1.10 (no "s") patch. I hope that when Buzzard release this crock on b.net they'll have it fixed, but somehow I have little hope of that.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

R.I.P. PoisonBoltLock, a Necromancer I had developed in Diablo II Beta Patch 1.10 from level 1 (now level 72) without using a single cheat or editing utility. Upon patch, all his items and mercenary are gone!

That's a heck of a Rust Storm, Blizzard!

A warning to all players - back up your save folder before playing any of your chars. I was able to save mine by copying the files out before choosing "Save and Exit."

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Well, Blizzard did say:

Quote:Due to one of the bugs in the previous 1.10 beta patch, some legitimate 1.10 items will also end up being deleted.
Apparently "some" equals "all". But perhaps this ONLY affects 1.10 legit items (and hacked items, of course). In other words, it wouldn't be a problem on b.net because there are no 1.10 items on the Realms.

- Dagni
yep, I only bothered opening one character, the newest one with the crappiest gear, and everything but her gemmed helm was deleted. WAY TO GO BLIZZARD!

Notice how next to none of the bugs/balance problems were addressed btw
Quote:In order to properly test the hacked/bugged item deletion functions of 1.10 Beta PC Version 2, beta testers must revert to their original (pre-Beta) 1.09 characters by running the file "RevertTo109" located in the Diablo II folder. Characters played in 1.10 PC Beta Version 1 are not fully compatible with 1.10 Beta PC Version 2, resulting in deletion of all items -- hacked or not.
From a thread on Blizzard's forum.

gg once more, Bliz.
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
I realize that this is not the Xpack, and one very overworked person is trying to do it, but I must say that I am glad I was not the first to discover this.

Isolde, if you are out there, hang in there!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I do wonder if any of the bugs that have been reported were fixed in this patch?
It deletes everything except:
gems
white items
socketed items with gems in them
tp books
horadric cube
potions

Runewords have the runes stripped out - the item will (probably) remain

You see your character wearing all his or her gear until you join a game. So if anyone did want to try it out backup your characters and don't use them. Take a character on from first level

I wiped a few characters' stuff finding this out but I'll probably mess around with it. Fortunately only one was high level and Necro summoners aren't really very gear dependent. I'd be interested to see if it's going to delete stuff found in 1.10s or if it's fixed some of the other issues we had

Perhaps most disappointingly although the readme for 1.10s addresses a few issues most of these are technical. There is no sign of any of the problems that we've listed in the bug list being fixed. Maybe some have been done in the game but didn't make the readme
Grrrr . . . I suppose this means that all characters are now effectively locked at their 1.09D selves with each new beta that emerges . . . :unsure: Thankfully I backed up the entire save directory before installing the first beta, but this whole episode does bring up one glaring quention.

If Bizzard wants us to test for bugs, why do successive patches revert our characters back to square one? That's just a disincentive to get the new beta! :blink: I'm thinking it would be much better to have left 1.10 beta characters intact with all their gear and at least then we might spot potential equipment bugs. Sure it can be argued that we have all the gear loaded up on 1.09 character versions, but eager little people that we were, many of those characters have been used for testing the first beta.

Ah well. I'll wait for the next beta or the final version then. What ever comes first. :P

Quote: MONSTER FIXES

- Hephast the Armorer now looks and functions like a unique monster.
- Vex and Um now have their own graphics.
- NPC speech and gossip should now appear properly.
- Regular monsters can no longer recieve the same bonuses as unique monsters.

- Oh no. Knockback was one traditional method of dealing with Heph. I suppose this means the Smith too. :(
- Vex and Um? Ah right 1.10 beta bug. Errr . . . no coment.
- NPC Speech? Blah. Re-do the expansion audio files!
- Regul . . . Woo-hoo!!! :D

Quote:CHARACTER, SKILL AND ITEM FIXES

- Necromancer skills: Dim Vision, Iron Maiden, Terror, Life Tap and Attract all work now.
- Necromancers are now able to revive the appropriate number of moonlords in Act 5 Throne
of Destruction.
- Necromancer Skeleton Mastery nows properly towards Magi Life of Skeletons.
- Necromancers wearing complete Trang-Oul's Avatar sets of Armor now work properly
during PVP
- Sorceress' Fireball skill now displays and functions correctly.
- Firebolt now gives synergy effect to the Hydra spell.
- Charged Bolt Sentry now recieves the propr amount of shots from the Lightning Sentry
synergy bonus.
- The Sorceress' skill Inferno correctly uses 7 mana per second now versus the previous
2 per second.
- Magic Arrows statistics for the Witherstring, Wizendraw and Witchchild String Bow are now fixed.
- The Compelling Stone can now be destroyed after killing the council and not possessing the heart, brain and eye.
- The compelling Orb is now present to smash with Khalim's will.

Ok, so what about the melee targeting problem and what about Charge? Mana per kill items etc. etc. etc.

*Me waits*

*And waits*
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Feh-
I said a loooong time ago (two forum changes ago) we wouldn't be seeing the game blizzard wanted to present until 1.10 (about when 1.04 came out ). I will now revise that statement, we will not see the game blizzard wanted to present until 1.10d :lol:
I give up...
Neverwinter has me hooked right now anyway :rolleyes:

Oomph-aak
Necromancer Skeleton Mastery nows properly towards Magi Life of Skeletons.

It wasn't before? Does that mean they can tank as well like regular skeleton warriors now?
ImpressiveOne,Aug 4 2003, 08:26 PM Wrote:It wasn't before?  Does that mean they can tank as well like regular skeleton warriors now?
No, Skeleton Magi were pretty weak before. People were (rightfully) complaining about it. As for tanking, well, that takes testing. Is an army of skeleton fighters with magi backup workable now? We'll have to see.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
The paladin's holy bolt have been updated to gain 50% damage per synergy point, now its quite a powerhouse again, from the teaser screenie long ago. So the 5000+ damage and 400+ healing is possible!
Iron golems are no longer ethereal all the time.
Quote:Due to one of the bugs in the previous 1.10 beta patch, some legitimate 1.10 items will also end up being deleted.
From Arreat Summit. So it wasn't an intended effect, apparently. I would assume this bug was interpreted as "Rust Storm" as a hacked item. Doh!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Multiplayer games no longer crash when the number of players and corpses are equal to 4.
Wah? That is the stuff that drives us software engineers to early deaths. Props to the tester that found that one.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I don't have any 1.09 characters and it is such a huge hassle to check, so I'll ask this of the brave souls who updated:

Were the synergy bonuses for any of the druid elemental skills or summons increased? In 1.10a, dire wolves give 20% life per level instead of 10% as the chaos sanctuary lists. All of the vines, spirits, and animals other than spirit of barbs also have more hp than it lists.

Edit: Missed a quote and just fixed the post.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Quote:Oh no. Knockback was one traditional method of dealing with Heph. I suppose this means the Smith too.

As I understand it, you can still Smite him, Mind Blast him, and Bash him since he is not an Act End Boss.

Or am I misunderstanding the term "Unique."
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete