Assasin psychic hammer
Ive noted that it basically have gained a little bit more max damage at lvl 20 than the arreat summit lists. But also that it does magic damage now! Doing both physical and magic damage. So it will do about 78 damage at lvl 20 for 8.75 mana, half magick, half physical. But it only affects 1 target. But seems like you can keep a target in stunlock by holding the mousebutton down after youve hit one. I kept casting till the critter was dead, even when it became pushed off screen.

I could kill critters in normal act5 relatively easy in players 1. But they have way too much health with more, and the skill does way too little damage. The skill needs a higher base damage, and perhaps a mutual synergy with mindblast and cloak of shadows.
Hmm... from looking at the mpq file, it seems like it's 78 max damage at level 20 for physical, and 78 more damage for magic; meaning 156 total damage at level 20. Still pretty weak =\
It has HitShift=7 too, so that's 34/34 average physical/magical damage at level 20.
Hitshift=7 means?
hitshift determines a multiplier to all associated damages, if I am not mistaken. 8 = 1.0, 7 = 0.5, 6 = 0.25, etc.

See http://d2mods.xfernet.com/guide-skillstxt.php

If I'm wrong someone more familiar with this sort of thing will be along shortly. :)
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Zath,Aug 4 2003, 09:07 PM Wrote:It has HitShift=7 too, so that's 34/34 average physical/magical damage at level 20.
Ah yes missed that part =( Thanks for correction!
Pardon me for saying this, but it's still totally worthless :(
Raziel,Aug 6 2003, 01:40 PM Wrote:Pardon me for saying this, but it's still totally worthless :(
Bah. I always have Psychic Hammer hotkeyed. It's cheaper than MindBlast when you're pinning a boss or when you just want to move a couple of targets into the line of fire (or break their AI after using Cloak) and don't want to convert them. It's damage is piddly and I can't think of a reason to put more than 1 point in it, but it's knockback is fantastic.