Poll: I've replaced the standard icons with a set supplied by Ferality for just the main Lounge forums. You can compare them to the old (blue) ones by looking at the Diablo/Diablo 2 forums. What do yo
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Better than the blue ones.
57.50%
23 57.50%
I like the blue ones better.
25.00%
10 25.00%
I'm indifferent either way.
17.50%
7 17.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you think of these forum icons?
Your input will decide the fate of these icons. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
they're just buttons. :o :D
"If you expect a kick in the balls, and you get a slap in the face, then it's a victory!" - Smile
Hail Titsus,

Lies! All Lies! They are not just buttons, they are our friends! Please refrain from further slandering their name, lest you suffer the wrath of the Lounge: we like our friends, the buttons, and will stop at nothing to protect them!

*ahem*

By the way, Bolty, it looks a little silly still having the old Edit button with the newer buttons ;) If the new ones stay, please do replace the Edit one too!
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
They look... fuzzy. :huh:
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:If the new ones stay, please do replace the Edit one too!
Also, the ICQ and Yahoo IM buttons need to be updated. :D
And, in response to Titsus, cease your blashpemous prattle you heathenous heretic! :rolleyes:

~All hail the great buttons!
Hang on! I thought we banned polls

Admin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fuzzy indeed. :huh:

Black plain text with a drop shadow at about 3 pixels? :unsure: Hmm

For fonts I'd go with Coppergate Gothic Bold. After that, making a dark text with dark shadow will inevitably fuzz it up, so I'd avocate sticking to white with dark effects or black with light effects (although dark fonts for button will usually always retain some fuzziness).
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
I like them, just maybe a little bit more squarish?? Looks too much like XP :P
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Quote:By the way, Bolty, it looks a little silly still having the old Edit button with the newer buttons.  If the new ones stay, please do replace the Edit one too!

This brings up an intesting point -- it's hard to modify all of the buttons when you have to hunt and peck your way around several forum threads just to see all of the buttons. I didn't even realise this forum had an "ICQ" button until just recently.

It would be swell if Bolty posted all of the modifiable buttons in one comprehensive list, and set out some general guidelines on button sizes (no higher than xx, no wider than yy, etc).

-DeeBye
DeeBye,Aug 3 2003, 02:18 AM Wrote:It would be swell if Bolty posted all of the modifiable buttons in one comprehensive list, and set out some general guidelines on button sizes (no higher than xx, no wider than yy, etc).
DeeBye,

Here you go! http://www.lurkerlounge.com/bolty/icons.zip

As for sizes, keep em close to those existing ones.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I'm going to run with these icons in all forums. Added credits to Ferality to the Forum FAQ. Thanks, buddy!

-Bolty
Much, much better than the old sky blue ones.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club