1.1 Lightning Strike
I'm thinking of making a spearzon utilizing Lightning Strike but after looking at the AS and seeing that at slvl 20 LS does only 1-2xx damage makes me wonder if Lightning Strike is really worth it.

I wonder howver about a few things:

1) Can Lightning Strike's chain lightning hit monsters more than once?

2) Does Lightning Strike transfers physical and elemental damage?

3) Does Lightning Strike transfer special mods (like knockback, crushing blow etc')

4) Can it leech?!

I would really like if someone could answer those questions
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
1. yes. It can circle around them. Though I wonder if multiple hits of lightning strike actually allow multiple ligthnings to arc around.
2. For the chain - shoudln't. For the initial target - probably, but I don't know if that part (melee part) of the attack is AR-dependant or not. The chain lightning isn't though.
3. Again, the chain shouldn't, but the melee part should.
4. Same as before.
hi taidaishar

Quote:and seeing that at slvl 20 LS does only 1-2xx damage makes me wonder if Lightning Strike is really worth it.
actually i think most of us would try out lightning strike in v1.10. not for that it'll be a darn good killing speed but because we have been deprived of it for a good 2+ years!

Quote:1) Can Lightning Strike's chain lightning hit monsters more than once?
yes it can ping-pong to its end of hits even between two targets. but keep in mind the 'fly-out-of-space' phenomenon (ruvanal suggested it was due to the delay from targeting and disappearance of target due to perhaps death that the bolt just flies off to off-screen; thread in amazon basin but i can't find it; ruvanal perhaps can chime in).

Quote:2) Does Lightning Strike transfers physical and elemental damage?
your melee hit (the start of lightning strike) can. chain lightning issued doesn't.

Quote:3) Does Lightning Strike transfer special mods (like knockback, crushing blow etc')
your melee hit (the start of lightning strike) can. chain lightning issued doesn't.

Quote:4) Can it leech?!
your melee hit (the start of lightning strike) can. this checks for tohit%. this said, even if your physical portion doesn't connect, chain lightning will still be issued.

hi gal-z

Quote:Though I wonder if multiple hits of lightning strike actually allow multiple ligthnings to arc around.
there's a big bug with lightning strike now (some comments about v1.10 lightning strike; thanks truemuppet) which basically makes speed with this skill useless. you cannot have multiple chain lightning bolts in the air damaging enemies. that's right; only the first chain lightning does its damage. the subsequent chain lightning fly but don't do damage. once the damaging chain lightning finishes its round, the immediate chain lightning issued does damage and only this. bleh.

losc
Thanks for your answers.

I decided to leave LS to rot in hell, the thing is simply too buggy and too worthless and too skill point intensive for me to use it, spearazons are hard as hell even without using lots of skill points on LS and synergies...

What I don't understand is why the hell the spearazon and javazon elemental attacks don't use physical damage too? Or at least a portion of it...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
:( Man, fixing Lightning Strike was one of my biggest hopes for the patch.

It's such an awesome light show when a fast javazon fills the mob with chain lightning. Alas.
well its still beta stage now yes? we can all help by flooding official beta forum informing blizzard of v1.10 beta lightning strike bugs.

losc
I would hardly call it useless, you just have to let each one complete before you initiate the next one. One possibility would be LS followed by several Charged Strikes, which is a very good skill in its own right and a mutual synergy with LS. LS is a heck of a lot better than it used to be( granted, that's not hard).
argh wiz, don't say that! we must propagand the unity in order for blizzard to fix lightning strike for v1.10 to be released in winter 2004. allowing just one chain lightning to be active in the air is downright stupid very unbalanced; its like saying only one round of multishot arrows can damage monsters upto the point where the range runs out and other arrows in the air do no damage.

we've not waited for 2 years to see this though i'm appreciative that at least something is being done to make lightning strike usable past act3 normal. but it is not enough from the observations in v1.10 beta.

losc