Miscellaneous things
Fallen/Carver/ect Shaman Bosses can/do have fallen/carver/ect minons. Probably the same with fetish shamans.
You can hot key the same spell for left and right clicking hotkeys.
That torch in act 1 still has a shadow.
The defense of items don't turn blue with enhanced defense if it doens't raise the defense (ie: 11% defense on a cap)

I'll post screenshots when speedis.org is back up. Also, any other things of note that don't deserve their own topic should go here.
Weapon racks can now drop non-metalic 'weapons'. This includes their dropping of throwing potions.
Champions can now get minions.

Though they get no "Minion" tag, it's easy enough to see that they gain both the HP and experience bonuses reserved for minions.
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.
Obi1.10Kenobi,Jul 29 2003, 06:53 PM Wrote:You can hot key the same spell for left and right clicking hotkeys.
Are you sure about that? Just tried to assign hotkey for Frenzy on both left and right click, and couldn't - as in 1.09, when I assign hotkey on left click, hot key on right one dissapers (and vice versa). :( Pretty stupid limitation, IMHO.

-Epi.
Any unique enemy that can be "separated" from another enemy (such as Fetish Shamans and Seige Beasts) will give their name and any special abilities to the little guy whey they die.

Examples: Witch Doctor Endugu spawns a Fetish with a knife....still named Witch Doctor Endugu and with all his mods. Thresh Socket spawns one of those little demons with his name and all mods.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Jul 31 2003, 04:55 AM Wrote:Any unique enemy that can be "separated" from another enemy (such as Fetish Shamans and Seige Beasts) will give their name and any special abilities to the little guy whey they die.

Examples:  Witch Doctor Endugu spawns a Fetish with a knife....still named Witch Doctor Endugu and with all his mods.  Thresh Socket spawns one of those little demons with his name and all mods.
At least in my experience, however, the boss "afterbirth" does not receive the usual boss HP boost. I've always been able to smack down the second-hand fetish/imp in the same time it takes me to crush any of its kind.
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
I have attack hotkeyed on both right and left on my pally in a screenshot.
Obi1.10Kenobi,Jul 31 2003, 12:28 PM Wrote:I have attack hotkeyed on both right and left on my pally in a screenshot.
Do you mean the same skill? Was it regular attack? And where the screenshot? ;)
Here's the promised screenshots. (taken in the first 1.10)

Fallen Shaman Boss and its minions.

Attack double hotkey.

Flameshadow Alas! Blizzard does not want you to hear the truth. (I did put up a screenshot of the event, however Blizzard must have somehow gotten word! I put it up merely seconds ago...) Be careful who you trust, as it is all a conspiracy! :ph34r:

Non-blue Enhanced defense.

Speedis.org is no more... :( So I guess I need to find a new host. BTW, I just now realize that I had put up the wrong picture for the flameshadow.. :P But it had a funny page for a page not found (there is no page here, there is no page within a hundred kilobytes of here. I am not afraid and neither should you be. In fact, viruses are comminting suicide outside the firewall of this server... :P)
One more misc thing, that not even the AS seems to have listed:

The runeword 'Leaf' has gained a mod: +2 defense per clvl.

Makes me kinda wonder if more runewords have been tweaked. I know Stealth armor hasn't changed, and neither has Malice, but what about others?
Is this from actual in-game testing? I know it does have the ac/lvl property, but the 16 is in the min and max fields, not the param field. This hasn't changed between 1.09 and 1.10. AFAIK, all the clvl-based properties take the value in the param field, so it wouldn't work. Of course, it's possible that they did change these so they can take min/max values, which is why I want to know if it was from actual testing.
You get two "drops" from Endugu. :) More useless rares!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Scimitar traps always drop scimitar class weapons.

MSLE isn't deadly now.

Minions get a weakened version of their bosses skill(s) Mana burn is the most noticable.

Itchies no longer drop a lot of breast plates, and really eat all your stamina.
Are all you guys saying that minions get champion/boss abilities playing 1.10b?

Since they claimed to fix that in the patch message?
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Gheed seems to be more personable, too.
----
"To be is to do - Socrates. To do is to be - Jean-Paul Sartre. Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra." - Kurt Vonnegut
When she runs out of mana, my Amazon not always says the "not enough mana" warning, but simply sits there doing nothing. This is specially irritating since it's the same exact behaviour of what happens when you target something and your character stops moving (happened to me a lot with the Telekinetic Psi Cop).

When firing arrows toe-to-toe with monsters, the arrow sometimes shoots in the exact opposite direction, harming noone.

Fetishes are still the most annoying mosters to date. I hope I don't find them out of act 3 (other than act 1 rat-men) because if I do I'll kill someone.

It still takes a bit to be able to target the annoying midget that was holding the shaman, which sucks raw cow brains through a 0.1 mm capillary tube.
The Cold and Mana Burn remain attached to the minions. I just went through that last night.

Tedious.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I'm pretty darn sure that Extra Fast sticks to minions as well. It's downright scary sometimes.

Bob
I am pretty sure that whatever boss effects were getting applied to minions in 1.10beta1 are still being granted to the minions in 1.10s. The difference now is that miscellaneous monsters that are near the boss are not also getting some of the specials attached to them as was happening in the first beta patch.
Quote:Fetishes are still the most annoying mosters to date. I hope I don't find them out of act 3 (other than act 1 rat-men) because if I do I'll kill someone

Erm, I've got some good news and bad news for you Walkiry,

Bad news is in NM and Hell the Halls of Pain ( Nihlathak's dungeon ) and WSK can spawn vast hordes of the little buggers ( packs of 20-30 ).

The good news is, you're going to want to see them because you'd rather see them than Gloams.

Gloam boss pack in Hell = >50% chance of instant death, body may not be recoverable.

Gloams unfortunately spawn in the Ice Caves and WSK, are immune to lightning and cannot be frozen ( in hell ), hit hard and never miss. IMHO they have replaced OK Knights and FrenzyTaurs as "Most Feared Critter".
Some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumble down the stairs.