Jab bug
I started a spearazon lately and discovered a very annoying thing concerning Jab.

Jab, at least half of the time, will not hit a thing! Even with a 95% chance to hit monsters Jab will hit less then a normal attack or impale.

Can anyone confirm this or is it just my wild imagination?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
It's the same gremlin that haunts the Fury wolves and Zealot pallies, methinks
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Nicodemus Phaulkon,Jul 28 2003, 10:35 PM Wrote:It's the same gremlin that haunts the Fury wolves and Zealot pallies, methinks
IIRC the bug that haunts fury, fend and zeal makes that if the first attack doesn't hit neither will all of the other attacks in that zeal/fend/fury sequence.

Problem is that with a 95% chance to hit it's not like I'm missing my first attacked every second time I use Jab...
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I believe there's another bug, regarding very fast attack speeds. They mention fixing a "bug that causes attacks that are too fast to miss" in the 1.10 readme.
Call HCGoodbye(gl,hf,dd)
*dahak_i
USEast HC
dahak_i,Jul 28 2003, 11:01 PM Wrote:I believe there's another bug, regarding very fast attack speeds. They mention fixing a "bug that causes attacks that are too fast to miss" in the 1.10 readme.
haha, we're talking about a spear here, even with jab the attacks are around 7-12 frames, hardly a thing to be calling fast (or medicore even...).

P.S I hate impale, when slowed the damn attack can last for 5 seconds!
Methinks it's a different bug. :P It's a bug where one starts to swing (or poke) their weapon too early before they are actually in range. Try moving in a little closer and try it out.
Sporky Smurf,Jul 29 2003, 04:03 AM Wrote:Methinks it's a different bug.  :P It's a bug where one starts to swing (or poke) their weapon too early before they are actually in range. Try moving in a little closer and try it out.
Tried, even when I'm practically on the monsters' toes it seems like they get hit a lot less than with a regular attack
I had a paladin (in 1.09) and the same thing (I think) happened to him. With smite. It's supposed to hit all the time but... It just doesn't. Maybe it was just lag? Just just just, how many more times can I just say just?

Greetings,
Refrigerator
I've heard that there's a bug with all melee attacks whereby your characters will start swinging their X range weapons when the targeted monster is still X+1 range away. If said monster's attack range is also farther than yours, and you were using a lock in attack like Zeal/Fury/Fend/Jab/DTalon, then your character will just sit there swingingly hopelessly until you move in closer.
Refrigerator,Jul 29 2003, 06:55 AM Wrote:I had a paladin (in 1.09) and the same thing (I think) happened to him.  With smite.  It's supposed to hit all the time but...  It just doesn't.  Maybe it was just lag?  Just just just, how many more times can I just say just?

Greetings,
Refrigerator
In my case lag isn't an excuse, I was the host of the game.

Maybe a code reader could try and figure out what's wrong with Jab lately...
TaiDaishar,Jul 29 2003, 08:53 AM Wrote:In my case lag isn't an excuse, I was the host of the game.

Maybe a code reader could try and figure out what's wrong with Jab lately...
Even in single player there is a serious positional desynchronization that is happening in this beta patch. I have watch monster walking to my character and then show the thorns effect as though hit me. They were graphically not even close enough to have been in range of the longest melee weapon range at the time. Nor were they even doing an attack animation when the thorns graphic would show; while at the time the graphic would show my character would do the get-hit 'grunt' and see a tiny drop in the life.

You may not be having a ping type of lag, but another type (desynchronization) is still very much there and messing up a lot of skills.
Quote:You may not be having a ping type of lag, but another type (desynchronization) is still very much there and messing up a lot of skills.

I can't comment on the jab problem, but I can confirm the lag/desynch problems. My friend hosts all of the 1.10 games I have played. Many times he has had to re-start games because of lag/desynch on his side, while I was having no problems.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Accounts: mikedok5, mikedok6
OK, I'm not at all sure about this because It's just an idea, but here it is......

Possibly in an old patch melee attacks that hit multiple enemys (such as zeal, jab, etc) or maybe even the same enemy twice with the same attack used to be only able to hit each enemy once, before your acuracy took a steep decline, meaning that if your zeal attack does 4 hits and you are fighting 1 monster you will hit that monster once, and any other hits are lucky.

This would be something that has not been changed since this patch as it was looked over. Maybe it would be possible to test this by giving one of the chars this effects a slow weapon and get them frozen. Do the attack with your character information up and quickly move your mouse over the attack rating and see if your acuracy goes down as you hit?

Please remember this is just a theory, I have yet to test this.

Kier
What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
I do not recall any such bug but I'll give your theory a try... even though that it seems to not hit entirely rather than just the first hit.

P.S The poem in your sig is incredible.

EDIT: I tried your theory and there is no change in the To Hit % between first and second attack, at least not one that is displayed,
The Zeal bug is basically: if you are attacked during the first swing of your zeal, that swing and all other swings will miss. I've been playing a paladin a lot in 1.10 with Zeal and whenever I get surrounded I have to switch to normal attack to get out (which hits fine), because I always get attacked during that first swing, and thus never hit anything for as many zeals as I feel like doing.

I've tested it out against just one enemy and it's pretty obvious. Try it on a stone skin boss who swings at the same rate that you can complete a zeal. I did it against an Urdar. I would Zeal and miss, during the first swing he would swing and miss. Over and over and over, with me never hitting, and he occasionally hitting. Then, I waited to start my Zeal until he had already attacked me: I hit 4/5 of my swings. Then time my next swing to start right as he swings at me: I miss all attacks of that Zeal, and can continue to miss forever, since 1 Zeal takes me the same time as 1 swing for him.

In all my playing and testing I have had %85 - %95 toHit, which make a Zeal that misses all 5 attacks very unlikely, but the bug makes it VERY common.

I posted this in the 1.10 bugs thread as well.