Cruel Colosus Blade (3)
I was thinking of cubing a ccb for my new barb but i was wondering if the eth bug is still around. If it isnt then should i still socket shael, shael, eth? or maybe something else? shael, shael, shael? or maybe an ohm if i could get one. im not sure waht to do for that last socket.
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
Bloodstar6078,Jul 26 2003, 11:59 AM Wrote:I was thinking of cubing a ccb for my new barb but i was wondering if the eth bug is still around.
The Eth bug is gone as of 1.10. It reduces defense by -25%, so it's still good, but not the uber exploit as it was in 1.09.

As for advice? I'll go with the standard half-assed answer: whatever you need to fill in holes in your gear. ;) There's leech (both kinds if needed), elemental damage, magic find. If you can find or trade for them, the 40ED/15IAS jewels would be nice to have.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Im not worried about my equipment. Ill have plenty of leech and barbs have Nat Resist to cover the elements. Im looking more for things that would benefit my sword in ww'ing or just killings things. Like I mentioned i was thinking about a third shael to make more ww hits, or things like deadly strike and crushing blow and the like.

Anyhow... if i could afford a 40/15 id use them istead of shaels ;)
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
If you use the sword 1h, Shael, Shael, ed jewel

If you use it 2h, 3*Shael is a possibility, since it takes it to -55 speed which is the last break for 2h swords.
whereagles,Jul 27 2003, 07:41 AM Wrote:If you use it 2h, 3*Shael is a possibility, since it takes it to -55 speed which is the last break for 2h swords.
This is not correct

Swords (buggily) use the one-handed breakpoints

So -10, -35
sort of newbie question here:

Why do they always mention cruel colossus blade? I mean, why not ther cruel versions of the other big swords like cruel colossus sword or balrog blade (sorry my characters are not yet high level enough to use those elite items).

Is colossus blade the most high-damaging of the elite 2h swords? or perhaps the most dmg/second (I think it's not the fastest 2h elite sword, isn't it)? Or maybe it has the lowest level requirement of the 2h elite swords?
Colossus blade is one of the six swords that can be rerolled with chippies to cruel.

The one-handed swords (mythical, conquest, cryptic) have less range than the two-hand swords.

Champion swords have 39 average damage and -10 speed.
Colossus swords have 48 average damage and 10 speed.
Colossus blades have 45 average damage and 5 speed.

Other swords cannot be made cruel with the chippy recipe.
CCS [10] takes 45% IAS. It IS better probably (didn't calculate but I guess it is) than a CCB. 3 40/15s though... Ouch. Can't be achieved without trading for dupes :(
[-10] is even nastier - 25% IAS? 2 ED/IAS jewels and then some more damage jewel, but still 5% wasted IAS and lower base damage will end up for a not-as-good weapon.
The chipped gems cost the same no matter what sword u use, so why not use the CCB?

Anyway if the reciep would work on berserker axe, it would beat the CCB - same range, more damage, and [0] speed. 1 shael can then be replaced by ED/IAS if u have 1. In 1.10 the 3 flawless reciep (that gives 1-5 sockets or less depending on weapon (Baxe can get 5)) will probably be better on berserker axe. The only problem would be that other axes suck for WW no matter what mods, so it's still easier to get swords with the improved 1.10 rares.
The new recipes randomly give 1-6 sockets (capped at the number possible on a given item), not 1-5.
I didn't try this myself, so 1-6 is possible to be true. Any evidence? ;)
And I've heard CB is only 4 max with this reciep, but a white/gray CB can get more IIRC.
1-6 sockets is what it says in the cubemain.txt in the beta MPQ.

I should rephrase, though. It gives 1-6 sockets, capped at however many that item can have at ilvl 30. So it's true that colossus blades can only get 4. It seems war staves, rune staves and archon staves are the only items that can actually get 6 sockets with the recipes.
Umm... :unsure:

Is that recipe in the beta? What is the recipe?
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
Yes. In 1.10 beta, the chippy recipe is gone, replaced by these:

3 standard gems + socketed weapon (i.e. one with sockets, regardless of colour) = magic weapon of the same type with ilvl 30 and 1-6 sockets

3 flawless gems + magic weapon = magic weapon of the same type with ilvl 30 and 1-6 sockets

Note that the output is the same for both recipe, and the outputted item can be recycled into either one of the recipes.
Heh heh, now i have another question! :P

What does the item lvl 30 thing do to the magic mods the items can get? Am I still able to make cruel weapons?
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
Umm, anyone?
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
The ilvl 30 means that only items with ilvl 75+ can be cruel. You can use the Affix Calculator to see what's possible on a given item with a given ilvl. Note that it's not updated for 1.10 yet.
Quote: The ilvl 30 means that only items with ilvl 75+ can be cruel.

Okay, I'm an idiot, I'm going to ask a silly question. I take it this means there are two ilvls in play here? Can someone elaborate on this? The calculator is nice, but doesn't show how it makes its determinations.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Sorry :o. I meant qlvl 75+. The qlvl is a property of a base weapon (or other item). All mythical swords, for example, have a qlvl of 88, regardless of what quality they are and where they were found. One of the applications of the qlvl is in the calculation of the alvl. The exact calculation is here.

The cruel prefix requires alvl 51. Because of the way the alvl is calculated, if you have ilvl 30, you need qlvl 75+ in order to get an alvl of at least 51. That's what I was referring to.

Sorry, again, for the confusion.
Quote:In 1.10 beta, the chippy recipe is gone

hmmm, does that mean it was relatively easier to get a cruel (big-sword) with (at least) 3 sockets in v1.09 (since it always gives 3 sockets) whereas in v1.10beta, you could indeed get 4 or more sockets (also cruel) but it has 50% chance to get 3 or less sockets on your magic-socketable item?

Is the v1.09 3-chippy recipe the same ilvl calc as the new v1.10beta recipe? Where can I find the item-generation lvl calcs for the 1.09 recipes (which recipe depend on character level and which do not -- I think most low level characters find lots of chipped gems while playing normal diff so it'd probably be best to give them the (big-sword) and then let them cube the big-sword everytime then find 3 chipped gems until one gets the desired cruel version?

~~~~~

hmmm. regarding the choice of cruel swords, so it boils down to 3 -- champion, colossus sword and colossus blade, so why not get the fastest weapon and than socket the enhanced-damage jewel (you save 1 IAS jewel)? Also, there's talk about "5 wasted IAS" -- is the colossus blade the best since it doesn't waste any IAS?
Quote:hmmm. regarding the choice of cruel swords, so it boils down to 3 -- champion, colossus sword and colossus blade, so why not get the fastest weapon and than socket the enhanced-damage jewel (you save 1 IAS jewel)?

Look up at Adeyke's post. The fastest is the champion but it has sucky dmg. So then you have the other two. They have about the same damage but the sword doing a tad more. However... The blade is faster which means more ww hits. Thats why ppl choose it.

As for the wasted ias, the blade takes 5% less ias to reach the second breakpoint than the sword. The blade needs 40%. "of Quickness" gives the 40% leaving all sockets free for ed, or anything else. Or two shael leaving one free. For the sword though you would have to waste 1 socket for a shael or ias jewel to get that extra five, or without the quickness mod you'd have to use all three for shaels/ias jewels.

Note: shael is 20 ias and jewels are 15.
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター