How many are still playing the Beta?
I was pretty solid when it was released, but I haven't played it in a while because hell is just well.. hell.

How about the rest of you? Still testing things out? Trying new builds? Finding bugs?
I've pretty much stopped for now. I've learned enough from a few playthroughs and test characters to know what I'm going to build when 1.10 goes live on battle.net.

I just have no real interest in playing single player since there's no item security. If I want any time, I can just load up one of nobbie's mules and drop it in game. A big part of D2 is playing on battle.net building my mules up and trading along with establishing a library of characters.

Once it goes live I'll be playing all the time. Until then, just an occasional test character build experimental stuff.
/// Zoid.
I still am but two things are beginning to rather vex

Firstly I realise how much I prefer BNet as a host to random people's machines, perhaps especially my own rather low end PC and 56K modem

Secondly, as already mentioned the item issue is a drag
I am, but I don't have a whole lot of time to play. What time I do put in has been getting my Runeword-twinked Amazon (CLevel 77) through Hell.

I am finding Hell to be oddly "flat". The hardest monsters are usually not much harder than the "normal" packs. Act 1-2-3 Bosses were very easy, compared to what I expected based on what I went through to reach them.

Once I finish Act 5 / Hell, I'll probably restore the installation so that I can refresh my Realm characters, and clean them up in preparation for the update. I still haven't decided if I'll go totally over to 1.10 Ladder characters. I'll probably base my decision on what kind of items I find there.

-rcv-
Well, I'm TRYING to still play the Beta but since I don't play unless it's TCP/IP and the fact that I find NO ONE lately willing to play TCP/IP it's pretty hard to do so.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I am, but 1.10 is rapidly reaching the end of it's enjoyability- bar a breakthrough in my own methods. Part of the reason i play is to become good at the metagame (that is, becoming good at knowing how to play, not just becoming good at playing) and the 1.10 metagame is heavily, heavily skewed against solo play. Blizzard has just taken their old strategies and ramped them up, so while my Bootysin can still one-hit even boss monsters in a1 Hell i'll run into a pack of guys who're just totally immune to my primary attack, so i have to switch to the secondary (slightly slower) attack. If that doesn't work then i've got a couple bad third options (because you can really only go in two directions or you won't have enough power in your primary attack) but basically it's either park whatever or re-roll the map.

But anyway, i don't see a whole lot more in 1.10 for me. On the other hand, this is almost the game that should have been 1.00.

Except for the cheap unkillable stuff.
I find it utterly boring. I'm not motivated to make dozens of trips to town to clear out an area and kill slowly. Maybe this will change with some (major) refinements and the ladder, but I certainly don't have the energy to slog through the game now, and start from scratch again when the official patch is released.
phooker51,Jul 26 2003, 11:38 PM Wrote:I find it utterly boring.  I'm not motivated to make dozens of trips to town to clear out an area and kill slowly.  Maybe this will change with some (major) refinements and the ladder, but I certainly don't have the energy to slog through the game now, and start from scratch again when the official patch is released.
Actually, I like it, having to retreat and refill is a nice thing that gets you out of the click fest which is 1.09
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
still playing, though myself and many who I talk to/play with are just sticking to NM Countess/Meph/Baal runs, and out of Hell for the most part. The drawbacks so far outweigh the fun in Hell, so we just have easy fun in NM and trade amongst each other. I just wish we had some sort of ETA on an update to the beta patch, you know, to let us know if they've CHANGED any of the massive balance/bug issues thus far.
TaiDaishar,Jul 26 2003, 10:04 PM Wrote:Well, I'm TRYING to still play the Beta but since I don't play unless it's TCP/IP and the fact that I find NO ONE lately willing to play TCP/IP it's pretty hard to do so.
i am playing now and all the time if you are email at shawndog2@aol.com
I've been busy with exams lately and was on vacation to belgium for a week last week. Belgian beer is well.... "a gods gift" if you will often made by monks and waaaay superior to heineken. :)

Besides that, I'm helping my dad rebuilding the house, it needed to be trashed first (sledgehammers,crowbars n' stuff), then we needed te dig earth away from under the house, a LOT of it. After this stage some peeps came over to ram a new foundation in the ground (where I live the ground is very wet that's because it was water not too long ago :D ), after that other peeps came to pour concrete in those "foundation-poles" and made a rough cement floor. Now we have a cango (pneumatic drill) powered by a 2 cilindered diesel engine. B) I have to drill 33 holes with that thing now. ^_^
Note: I learned that I like sledgehammers. :rolleyes:

To cut a long story short, I don't have much time to play at the moment, because I'm either working or tired. :)
nice tats
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
I'm done w/ it, I'm awaiting final. But if hell difficulty is the way it is right now (as BORING) final won't last long for me either.
It's just too boring. I'll wait for the final release of it to come on. I was never much of a beta tester
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I just hope that my beta sp characters are compatible with the official patch when it goes live. Otherwise I've been wasting a lot of time lately. :angry:
Took one sorc to 75 and am now working on another one (currently 41 or so). There's a slew of other characters, most of them sub-30, waiting to be played as well.
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
We are going on vacation, and will be PC free for a week.

Huzzah!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Since I don't play on b.net, I have no reason to uninstall the beta :)

Then again, I've hardly played D2 lately <_<
I find normal and nightmare to be more fun than they were in 1.09. In 1.09, NM was the only fun difficulty for me, normal was boring, and Hell had too many annoyances mixed among tedium. I can't really comment too much on 1.10 Hell because I've only played 2 chars up through Act I Hell (I have tested other chars in the Hell, but that is different). Hell seems to be more fun than 1.09 was as well.

Of course since I am moving very soon my playing time is going way way down, and I probably won't be playing much of anything for another 2 to 3 weeks due to moving and vacations and such.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.