ironman disaster
Hi
well we had to restart our ironman game but a disaster happened in level3 diablo shutdown for all of us and said illegal player7 the game was passworded what shall we do do we have to restart again! since we cant redo level3 what shall we do. is there any speical rule?
:angry:
"Darkness and evil shall fall back to the burning hells within and light shall rule the lands of the good."
is it possible to play without bnet ? :o
I think you have to start another game since you stopped in the middle of a level in the first place.

I'm gonna try and explain why you can't stop in the middle of a level:

IM is about only playing every level once. So every IM game has a limited amount of exp you can win on a level.
Suppose there are 20 fallen ones on level two. you kill some of them and get the experience fomr those kills. You are free to choose who kills and who tags to get some experience in your team. BUT you can not restart the game and start level two again, because you would be adding experience to your game. There would be new fallen ones you see.
There are special rules for situations that you CAN recreate. You could for instance kill everything on level 2 and leave the butcher in his room. A level 2 that only has the butcher left is possible to create again. But one with an unknown number of monsters is not possible to recreate. You don't know how many monsters are there when you stop a game, so you can't kill like half of the level with another character and say the situation is the same.

I dunno if you can see what I mean here, cause my explanation is a bit messy ...
It is possible to play without battlenet if you use a LAN or a modem connection.
There is always the possibility of playing on a server that is not affiliated with b-net.

If you are looking for a solution that will guarantee that the game you are in can't crash, that however is impossible if you ask me.
Every game is run on pc's, therefor there are always things that can go wrong.

However it looks like there was something outside the ordinary going on there with you guys.
I never experienced the actual thing you are referring too.
I guess it has to do with cheaters trying to get into your game or something in that style.

btw do not think that because you password a game no one can enter it.
one could guess your password. something like iron//man or things in that style are not hard to guess. I suggest you use icky passwords hdslqiqfjzfbg or something like that.

There are however programs available that bypass passwords or simply read passwords.
SO if you are chased by people that have those ... well er... I dunno what you can do about those.

What you can do is try another gateway to play on.
e.g. you get bugged on USwest, go play asia or europe or US east