Just saying hi
Hey eveyone, i just wanted to say hello, since im new here.
Actually, i started playing D2 last year but i sorta gave it up. Anyways i started playing, and got hooked on it again.
I guess thats it...

I hope this place is as cool as it looks...
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most...
Hi!

I assume 1.10 is drawing you back in the game? There's a ton of info and discoveries being made on the 1.10 beta. I'm personally too lazy to test out the beta, (Single player is not my style) but it's pretty intresting, and many changes are being made. Are the changes for better or worse? There's only one way to find out.

Read the FAQ and etiquitte links on the top right corner of your screen, and all will be fine. Enjoy your stay. ;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
thanks for the welcome. Well, i dont get to play diablo 2 exp. on the net much coz im staying in a dorm without net. the only time i get to play is when i go to the LAN center.
Like i said its been a while since i started playing so im sure im pretty ignorant about all the new stuff thats been going on.

Anyway, i started a new character, a Necromancer, currently level 14. im focusing more on Bone and Poison spells, and summoning spells. I dont really like the curses, so im not planning to put any points there.
Any suggestions?
No curses? Curses are a necromancer's best friend! Most of them are one point wonder as well and if you're going for bone/poison skills Lower Resist will be a very nice curse for you.

P.S: I believe your signature should have the comma AFTER "I've lost", aka: "From all the things I've lost, I miss my brain the most"
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I've tried a curseless necromancer before, it's hard, but it's fun.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
I've tried curses before, i dont really like them, Although i did like curses like Iron Maiden and Life trap, but it just doesnt work well with the necromancer in trying to make. i prefer to go for direct damage, bone spells are just plain deadly, and i found out that my minions are really nothing when compared to bosses, except for golems.
Even though courses might give my minions a upper hand, i still find i to be a waste of skill points and mana. like i said i like bone and poison spells better.

One of the things that made me quit playing D2 were all the hacks, it really takes the fun out of am RPG. So now i just play on LAN with my friends.
:D
Cursing is the fun of a necromancer! The mana cost is negligible. You can use your direct attacks and curses at the same time, you know. It's not one or the other. With several skill points, you can boost the damage of your bone spirits around 50%! You can't possibly tell me that's not worth it. Especialy since Bone spirit increases linerarly. (Later on +19 a level doesn't compare to the damage you add to lower resist) Besides, you can help the party and your mercenary for just one skill point. I swear you're not that stingy about your skill points.

The cursing tree is pretty much known as "the one-hit wonder" tree. Every curse works fine with one point.
Once you'll get to high levels, you can see how effective they really are.

P.S. If you were disgusted by hacks, I think this will be a good place for you.
*Edited for clarity*
Thanx for your advice, i might try the curses but i dont think i'll be putting a lot of points on it, if its as good as eveyone says i guess i can complete the tree adding 1 skill point to each curse, not to mention the bonus skills i'll be getting from my equipment, which brings me to my question, lets say i have an item with two sockets, if i add two skulls for mana regeneration does the bonus stack?

PS. its great to find a place where real gamers hang out, i really hate using cheats and hacks in games, like i said it was one of the reasons why i stop playing D2. But if this place discourages it, then thats great... :)
Quote:if i add two skulls for mana regeneration does the bonus stack?

Yes.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Hey there, Zee.

Hey lurkers, what do you think of a sticky "Say Hi Here" thread in this forum for the newcomers?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Bolty,Jul 23 2003, 09:54 PM Wrote:Hey there, Zee.

Hey lurkers, what do you think of a sticky "Say Hi Here" thread in this forum for the newcomers?

-Bolty
I frequented another board (www.ironworksforum.com I think it was) which had a timer running when a new user had to read through the rules. It actually stopped the registration if the user just scrolled past the rules and pressed the "I accept"-button, forcing the person to read through the rules properly before continuing. How about a similar concept here?

Personally, I read the rules for the sheer fun of it every now and then, but I guess I have my own fun.

Anywho, here's the rule in question:

21) If you're new and have not yet made a new introduction thread... I'd not recommend making one. Better to reply to an exisiting thread, and in your reply (while also contributing to the discussion) mention that you're new (if you have to at all) than to start a new thread that shall very likely be flamed or plain ignored.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
numerical truncation
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
You too, read the rules for fun? Darn you, ruining my fun!

I was going to do that... :P

EDIT: By the way, sure, sounds good, Bolty!
Along with the meaning of life, yes, those would be excellent sticky threads. It will reduce the clutter, although if the thread gets too large, that could be bad, as some people would just sink into there and never be found.
The mods could delete the thread after two or three pages and start a new one.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Hi Bolty... thanks for the welcome....

actually some of the other forums i've been to have a place for new comers to introduce themselves. Since this one didnt i thought i would just introduce myself in the Open Topic forum. As to your idea that would be a great idea.