A Guide Suggestion
Bolty, I would like to ask that you consider a single Sticky Thread at the top of the Armory Forum. It's purpose would be as a guide quick reference for decent guides not hosted here.

As we all review guides, I'd ask that in that sticky link you add, one at a time as the guides mature and get Lurker feedback, the links to the guides that you don't want to out and out host.

I will provide the leg work of looking through the Armory as time goes on and PM'ing you the guide links so that all you have to do as mod is update that one thread.

Any Guide you host is of course linked to your Diablo II front page, and would not be needed in that thread.

What say you to that? Or, will that increase the traffic here too greatly and make you too much of a click through site for your taste?
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I like the suggestion but I would suggest limiting it to 1.10 guides only

If we decide to do this I'd be glad to help :)
Occhi, once 1.10 goes final and the guides start coming out for it, guides will be linked to like crazy from the front page. As before, any such guide authors who want hosting here will be most welcome! And, as usual, I'll greatly appreciate ANY help from any lurkers who can point out good guides and forum posts that I miss (and I miss too many for my tastes sometimes - I can't be everywhere at once).

So your idea of a permanent sticky thread is basically what I want on the LL front page :) I'm hesitant to link to guides while we're in beta, preferring more to point out discoveries or quality constructive criticism in forum threads. Griselda's already doing a great job of it; she's putting me to shame!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jul 22 2003, 11:45 AM Wrote:As before, any such guide authors who want hosting here will be most welcome!
I'm gradually cobbling together a smallish Paladin site, that might loosely be considered a "guide". Think Paladin pages on Arreat Summit + descriptions of common builds + collected texts from the Diablo and DII manuals relating to Paladins. Hopefully a proper data page too, if I can collect that stuff together in a comprehensive form.

I was thinking of stooping to the Geocities method of cheesey hosting, but your mention of subhosting there got me thinking . . .

Would this be the kind of thing you'd be prepared to host? Total weight = less than 400KB. It's currently about 280KB all up.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
WarBlade,Jul 21 2003, 11:03 PM Wrote:I'm gradually cobbling together a smallish Paladin site, that might loosely be considered a "guide". Think Paladin pages on Arreat Summit + descriptions of common builds + collected texts from the Diablo and DII manuals relating to Paladins. Hopefully a proper data page too, if I can collect that stuff together in a comprehensive form.

I was thinking of stooping to the Geocities method of cheesey hosting, but your mention of subhosting there got me thinking . . .

Would this be the kind of thing you'd be prepared to host? Total weight  = less than 400KB. It's currently about 280KB all up.
WarBlade,

Sure thing. ANYTHING but Geocities. :)

We'll talk about it once 1.10 is live.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I forgot to mention . . . once 1.10 is official. Completely agree.

Thanks again. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete