Bad Boys II
So I went to see this movie today. I liked the original Bad Boys and from the trailers Bad Boys II looked like a very good and entertaining movie.

I went in expecting a semi good action sequel. Boy was I wrong. This movie was so much better then I expected it to be. Hilarious, great action, tasteful content, and actually a decent plot. I had a blast watching this in the theaters. Really was worth the money.

The chemistry between Wil Smith and Martin Lawrence was just great. They were a great team in Bad Boys and they still are in this movie.

I liked all of the effects and car chase scenes. Rarely could I notice CGI at work. Really well made effects. And then the R rating. I can see why. But then I have no problems with it. At only a couple of places did it seem like it was a bit too gory but everywhere else it did its job and created very nice shots. Like the mines at the end. I am glad that the director/producer decided to NOT kid-a-fie (for an example of a kid-a-fied movie see Spiderman) this movie.

I think this movie deserves a second viewing from me. And definitely a buy on DVD.

What did everyone else think about it?
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
My quick review - mean-spirited, and hateful of life. Why is it we're supposed to care about the life of one innocent, but it's hilarious when a teenager is getting threatened with homosexual sex, or when cadavers are bouncing out onto the road? Saw it for free, and want my money back.
:angry:

Recommendation: Go see Pirates of the Caribbean.
Ebert and Roeper hated it, and I have heard nothing good about it either.

Another movie to put on my This Movie Sucks™ list
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
I haven't seen it yet, but based on the reviews it looks like it is pretty bad... ;)
"I will cleanse this place of evil" The Paladin
Yes unforunately I dont think I will see it now either, besides the previews gave me a bad taste of "gratuitous action".

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
The reviewers may be bashing this movie to no end. But the box office tells a different story. Grossing 46$ mill us in 3 days? Bad movie?

Along time ago I stopped trusting or even believing what the reviewers had to say about new releases.

Everyone has different tastes and preferences. Even reviewers are affected by their own personal tastes, opinions, beliefs, and biases. Thus their reviews are affected by them.

Obviously from a movie like this you won't be intellectually intrigued or see some very good drama. This movie is a rollercoaster ride; just pure entertainment.

I personally am a fan of Jerry Bruckheimers and Michael Bays movies. I enjoy them alot. Some hate them and can't stand to watch them.

Give this movie a chance. I did, and I loved it.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
A movie's opening weekend is more a gauge of how well the project was marketed. The movie's second-week take indicates whether or not it was any good.

Many a future "Movie for a Late Saturday Night" won their opening box-office weekends. You'll be amazed to know how many #1 box office movies dropped to #6-- behind some four-month old romantic comedy-- come the second weekend.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Agree all the way. For an action movie, it rules. But only as an action movie. :)