Dual Spec Feature to cost 1k gold currently
Quote:You might not like the retcon done with Draenai or the lore that was crafted for them, but the lore is there. Mount Hyjal has been openly admitted to be nothing more than a loot pinata with no connection to anything going on in the game in general or the Caverns of Time specifically.

Yes but I'm glad they are there because honestly for me they were some of the coolest instances in the game. But then I loved War3.

I think of it like you get to magically go back and take over the role of someone who was actually in those battles and relive it. You get to not just learn about a huge event in the history of Azeroth, you get to live it. How better to understand what helped shape Thrall's attitudes than to get to see him in action.

I personally think that is lore enough.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:I personally think that is lore enough.

That's where I am on it. Getting to be 'inside' that battle from Warcraft 3 was pretty neat, to me. CoT:Strat is somewhat the same, really.
--Mav
Quote:The Fjord is probably my favorite zone both for visuals and for questing. If you are basing your judgement on it just off of looking at it or doing a handful of quests I recommend giving it a go.

My hatred of the fjord is based on the layout of the zone. I did 15-20 quests in the zone, and I never could get my bearings in the zone. If after an hour or so in the zone, I still felt just as lost as when I stepped off the zeppelin. If I can't get the gist of a zones layout, I REALLY hate the zone. My problem with fjord is the geography, my issue with G. HIlls is the quest layout.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:My hatred of the fjord is based on the layout of the zone. I did 15-20 quests in the zone, and I never could get my bearings in the zone. If after an hour or so in the zone, I still felt just as lost as when I stepped off the zeppelin. If I can't get the gist of a zones layout, I REALLY hate the zone. My problem with fjord is the geography, my issue with G. HIlls is the quest layout.

Fjord is much prettier than Borean... but the quests suck. I'd suggest just doing the initial Vengeance Landing quests to get the UK quest for Prince Valanar, do UK and get your loot, then head over to Borean to level. Borean has a much higher quest density, better quest layout... it's all better, really. Plus Warsong Hold is freaking amazing.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Borean Tundra annoys me greatly -- the quests regarding DEHTA are extremely silly and it ruins verisimilitude for me. I prefer Howling Fjord by far. There's nothing wrong with the quests there. (Of course, I'm Alliance, which might factor into it.)
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:Borean Tundra annoys me greatly -- the quests regarding DEHTA are extremely silly and it ruins verisimilitude for me. I prefer Howling Fjord by far. There's nothing wrong with the quests there. (Of course, I'm Alliance, which might factor into it.)
Actually, what ruined the DEHTA line was not the fact that it was silly, but that I couldn't side with Nesingwary's hunters (Who, upon meeting up with his expedition in Scha- Scho- Schwa- the Basin, I believe as only being only marginally connected to the Great Hunter). So here I am, strolling up to DEHTA wearing the remains of several rare dragonspawn and various noble beasts, and they accept my help while I go around skinning animals to further level leatherworking. Yeah, there was that annoying debuff, but that was easy to deal with and didn't really factor into things as I snuck around after various other players and skinning the corpses they left behind. I would have sorely loved an alternate questline that could still get me to the zone quest achievement.

On the other hand, the Murloc King questline was pure win. Tree-huggers and murlocs, two of my most-hated things in the game, combining into something seriously awesome. Scary.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386