1.1 readme now on AS
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/beta/patc...chchanges.shtml

Nudist Tarantino, so sayeth The Hermit.

"Why can we not be sober?" Tool - Sober
Quote:Werewolf - Increased duration of Werewolf form. Increased Life bonus. Added skill synergy bonuses. Allowed casting of Hurricane and Armageddon.
Werebear - Increased duration of Werebear form. Increased Life bonus. Added skill synergy bonuses. Allowed casting of Hurricane and Armageddon.
Hmm, I thought only Armageddon was castable in wereform? Or is this the official 1.10 patch readme, and not the beta test?
Quote: As shown on the Character screen, Assassins receive a damage bonus from boots.
Anyone know what this means?
Quote:Clay Golem - Added the ability to slow players and monsters on hit. Added skill synergy bonuses.
Interesting.
Quote:"Berserker Axe" is now spelled correctly.

It's thanks to us Lurkers! :D
This whole patch is thanks pretty much to the Lounge, AB, and Peter Hu. It's not as though the hordes of the Realms were screaming for 1.1. They were content to rush and cow their Burizazons.

We are the tide of change, so sayeth The Hermit.

"And I feel this coming over like a storm again." Tool - H.
Well I reckon a big Thank You to everyone at Blizzard is in order

While Isolde and others may have championed our cause long and hard at some point the powers that be, despite all their other concerns and constraints, decided to authorise it. Clearly a large section of the staff there have spent a lot of time playing it, probably through lunch hours, weekends and evenings

Good job and thanks! :D :D
I did not realize;

Quote:As shown on the Character screen, Assassins receive a damage bonus from boots.

To Brista:
I think their are many on the Blizzard staff ARE secret Lurkers... So, when you read this, thanks to all of you and your secret is safe with us!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Poison Javelin - Increased the total amount of Poison Damage, while the Poison Duration was decreased. Added skill synergy bonuses.
A typo? Or a sign of something that will be changed? Because currently in the Beta this skill's poison duration is higher than anything. I wouldn't call 46 seconds of duration a decrease. :)

Quote:Throwing Mastery - Increased the Attack Rating bonus to throwing skills.
Yeah, because that's what throwers have been asking for since day one.

"My damage is astounding! But if only I could hit the monsters."

Seriously, though, I'm not complaining - it's just funny. :)

Quote:Blessed Hammer - Increased high-level damage. Ignores resistances of Undead and Demons. Added skill synergy bonuses
Wow, ignores resists? But, umm, because there were so many magic resistant guys before?

Quote: Crushing Blow now works at the percentage chance stated.
Again I wonder if this is the text of a change from 1.10 beta, rather than from 1.09. Since in the Beta it has been reported that with multiple sources of CB adding to 100% you get several CBs each hit.

Quote:The erroneous action of the "Reduce AC" modifier (which had shown in the item pop-up as "x% Target AC") has been corrected. It now no longer sets the target’s AC equal to the percentage, but properly reduces the target’s AC by the percentage. The display has been corrected to say "-x% Target AC”. The modifier’s effect is reduced by one half when player characters, SuperUniques, hirelings, and Act-end bosses are targeted.
Hmm, so with 8 Eths you'd get effectively ITD even against Bosses, whereas real ITD doesn't work at all against Bosses. Too bad 8 isn't possible, but probably you could get another -50% from some kind of unique/runeword/etc armor, to go with a 6 Eth weapon. Or perhaps a -% AC skill could be used at 1/2 effectiveness against the Boss and would correctly stack with the weapon's bonus.

Quote:A class of bugs that had reduced the effectiveness of alternating weapon attacks (when equipped with two weapons) has been fixed, including the various dual-claw Assassin attacks.
Yay!!!!

Quote: Mana Shield now works as intended.
Well, isn't that nice to know. Umm, a little more help here, please! Either there simply was a bug I hadn't heard about, or they changed something, maybe in the damage order calculations?

Quote:One can no longer enter Town Portals to areas beyond the "blocking quests" without having completed those quests: e.g., Tristram (The Cairn Stones), Valley of the Kings/Seven Tombs/Duriel's Lair (The Summoner), The Harem/Palace Basement/Arcane Sanctuary (The Tainted Sun), Durance of Hate (The Blackened Temple), The Worldstone Keep (The Ancients), The Secret Cow Level (Terror’s End in DII classic or Eve of Destruction in DII: LoD). NOTE: A player who kills the High Council (but doesn’t use Khalim’s Will to smash the Compelling Orb), may take a Town Portal into the Durance of Hate.
Okay, but can a player who smashes the orb but doesn't kill the council take a tp into the Durance? Because that's the problem in the beta, which allows there to be a situation where someone playing solo can't take his own tp.

Quote: Increased the challenge of Mephisto and the Ancients
Really? The Ancients? From what I've heard, and my own experience, the Ancients are much easier in the Beta. Meph is probably harder, though.

Quote:‘Block lock’ has been eliminated. When a player character has just blocked an attack, the player cannot block again for a short period of time, the length of which increases as Blocking speed increases.
Cool ...I think. But shouldn't the length of time unable to block decrease as blocking speed increases?

Quote: Jewels and other modifiers now boost the elemental damage of a melee weapon
What does that mean? That +%dmg can now boost elemental damage? That there now exists a +% elemental dmg affix? Or something else?

- Dagni
keenduck,Jul 17 2003, 04:30 PM Wrote:
Quote: 
As shown on the Character screen, Assassins receive a damage bonus from boots.

Anyone know what this means?
see this thread.
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=56&t=28576
Dagni,Jul 18 2003, 12:46 AM Wrote:Cool ...I think. But shouldn't the length of time unable to block decrease as blocking speed increases?
I am assuming that they mean the blocking animation will not start for a short period of time; but the blocking itself would still be present, akin to blocking attacks while you are already in a blocking animation. However, one can never be too sure with Blizzard.
Yeah, I didn't even think of that until I saw another thread (on the AB) discussing that possibility. That would certainly be nice :)

- Dagni
Quote:All of the Paladin’s non-aura skills now attack appropriately, when one clicks on a foe without enough Mana to use the skill.

Given that most, if not all, of the melee skills seem to be mis-firing on some attacks, I find the above statement to be rather confident. :huh:

Quote:Mindblast and Conversion now remove any auras from their targets upon casting and also when they wear off.

Cool. Now all we need is to have Conversion worth putting on in the first place. :lol:

Quote:Lower Resist and Conviction skills now work against immune monsters (those with 100+ resistance) at 20% effectiveness

Ahh, so that's what was done! We're still missing the details though. Those detail would be sweet.

Quote:Increased the ‘leash range’ of hirelings.

*Screams*
I want player selectable merc AI. :( Two or three check boxes could handle leash range. My Necromancers want their little helpers close!
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Quote:QUOTE 
Lower Resist and Conviction skills now work against immune monsters (those with 100+ resistance) at 20% effectiveness

Ahh, so that's what was done! We're still missing the details though. Those detail would be sweet.

Maybe it just means you'd need a conviction with -130 resistance to drop an immune monster down to 99% resistance(assuming it's resistant(50%) and X-enchanted(75%))

125-(1/5*125)=125-25=100(still immune)

(1/5*130)=125-26=99(still hard to hit, but no longer immune!)

Unless they calculate it multiplicatively, in which case... Okay, I should probably leave this to the experts. :P
Some monsters can have over 100% total resistance

So if Conviction subtracts -150% and the monster has 150% resist cold its resist will drop by 20% of the Conviction modifier which is -30% ending up and 120%. It will still be Cold Immune

A less technical answer is high level Conviction will usually drop monster resists to about 80% if they were Immune but not always :)

Not sure if it stacks with Lower Resist and Cold mastery.
Well, if you had a Conviction Pally and a Lower Resist Necro working together, it would more likely than not be able to drag the immunity below 100. :P
Quote:Fixed a bug in damage calculation for weapons which computed +min/+max damage prior to +damage%.

What does it mean?

Does it mean that previoulsy +min / max damage was added before the weapon's ed% was computed? (in which case it's a welcome fix).
Or does it mean that now all ed% is computed first (weapon, other gear, skills, str/dex) and that +min / max damage is only added last (to the net total damage), in which case it's an over-nerf ?
Has anyone tried Hurricane on a wereform? I was so wanting to try a Furricane build, but the original reports indicated Armageddon-only in wereform. I may be engaging in wishful thinking, but I'm hoping Hurricane works, but nobody's tried it. :P
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Damn... I like the sound of that... :D

Anyway! *cough* No, I'm afraid that it doesn't work in the beta. Personally, I say they can KEEP their Armageddon and let the wereforms have Hurricane instead; less prerequisites and a better overall tactic when coupled with the wereforms' melee capabilities. Cold damage, slowed opponents... and Fury. *drool*

Hopefully Blizzard's claim that this "1.10 Read me" is the work-in-progress for the 1.10 actual Read me would indicate that this is a change that is coming, not a change that was botched or misunderstood or repealed? Wishful thinking has kept us going for two years... why stop now? :blink:

Furricane...

I wonder if Elric's head exploded yet?
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
When I made a new wolf for the beta, I also was hoping that Blizz kept it hidden that hurricane was usable in wereforms. Playing a Furygeddon was less than thrilling given the huge amounts of prereqs and synergies <_<

With the increase in duration from the synergistic effect from cyclone armor, casting hurricane prior to shifting is slightly better than doing the same in 1.09. But it's just not the same as casting it in wereform...

*chuckles*

Furricane. That's a pretty good one.

*mops up bits of Elric's head*
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
By the way, thanks for the lucid explanation over at AB.

Quoting part of your reply
Quote: Boots now have a strength modifier on the damage they do . . . the damage number now work with the kicks.

name__________________mindam_____maxdam_____StrBonus
Leather Boots_________3__________8__________120
Heavy Boots___________4__________10_________120
Chain Boots___________6__________12_________120
Light Plate Boots_____8__________16_________120
Plate Boots___________10_________20_________120
Demonhide Boots_______26_________46_________120
Sharkskin Boots_______28_________50_________120
Mesh Boots____________23_________52_________120
Battle Boots__________37_________64_________120
War Boots_____________39_________80_________120
Wyrmhide Boots________65_________100________120
Scarabshell Boots_____60_________110________120
Boneweave Boots_______69_________118________120
Mirrored Boots________50_________145________120
Myrmidon Greaves______83_________149________120

I will assume that the strength bonus would make, for example, a 100 strength Assassin do 3.2*(28-50) with Sharkskin boots with level 1 dragon flight. Is the 1.2*(28-50) a "new base, or would the base remain 28-50?

I am guessing that the damage from a level 1 Dragon Flight will yield the following damage.

(28-50)*(1.0 + 1.2 + 1.0)
The first 1.0 is from the boots, the second from the 1.2*100/100 and the third from Dragon Flight's bonus of +100%.

Am I correct in that the damage calculation does not multiply those into the base but treats each one as a modifier to the base boot damage?

Level 20 Dragon flight then

(28-50)*(1.0 + 1.2 + 5.75)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Ruben_Carter (Since he was not a heavyweight, he'd have to be a Werewolf. Were Bear is too reminiscent of the Heavyweight division, the Riddick Bowe and Larry Holmes sorts of fighters)

Check the Bob Dylan album "Desire" or the recent Denzel Washington movie for the reference. :)

"Here come's the story of a Hurricaine
Who many authorities came to blame
For something he had never done
Put in a prison cell
But once he could have been
The Champion of the World!"
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete