Having Trouble on B.Net
Alright, I reinstalled the game a couple of weeks ago, and when I tried to install the latest patch, I would recieve an error saying that the "patch_rt.mpq" file was missing and installation could not persist. Well, I noticed how my Starcraft directory had that certain file, so I copied it onto my Diablo directory. Great I thought, until I logged onto B.Net, and when I tried any of the options to the left of the screen (Channel, Join, Ladder etc.) , Diablo would minimize itself, and would leave me at the desktop! I would then have to shut down the program manually using Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Anyone experpiencing the same problems/or have experienced? Any suggestions and replies would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
Heh, um..you shouldn't do that copying of a starcraft to diablo :P

One thing, is that Diablo doesn't *have* a ladder, so obviously something went wrong there.

The four buttons on the left should be "Channel" "Create" "Join" and "Quit"

Perhaps you could try downloading the patch manually from ftp://ftp.blizzard.com/pub and having a clear install of Diablo 1 from your CD.
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
Well I have reinstalled Diablo, numerous times, and haf also downloaded the patch through the blizzard website. And yes, I was wrong about the "ladder," my mistake. Well, if anyone can help.. thanks in advance.
I have read numerous posts about difficulties people have patching from 1.0 directly to 1.09. I have experienced such problems myself. The workaround I have found to be helpful (do not ask me why) is to first apply the 1.07 patch to version 1.0. After that is accomplished then apply the 1.09 patch from Blizzard's website. It may also be useful to apply the 1.08 patch prior to applying 1.09, since 1.08 is the patch where multiplay characters first began being stored in the Diablo file as opposed to being stored as hidden files in windows. Old patches, including 1.07 and 1.08 can be found here : http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo/patches/pc/