IG discovery
Howdy,

I dont think this topic has been covered in another thread, I searched and came up empty so here we go. Our friend the Iron Golem now benefits from the chance to cast on striking or being struck spells on the items that he is created from. I had the opportunity to try it with some of the new uniqs from nobbie's chars. Every item I tried with the % to cast worked, so I think our IG using brethren will be somewhat happy for at least a little while.

Scotty
'Me not that kind of Orc' - lazy peon
I always thought it worked before. I remember creating an IG out of %cast items when I played 1.09 and it usually cast what it was supposed to. However, I usually made it out of things to that casted AD, so I'm not sure whether it worked with other spells. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Quote:Every item I tried with the % to cast worked, so I think our IG using brethren will be somewhat happy for at least a little while.

Aye, until said brethren leave the game... and their expensively wrought IG fails to appear in the next one. :huh:
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Nico,

Yes, it dismayed me when my little iron buddies failed to follow me to my next adventure. I hope that Blizz does not think that elite uniqs grow on trees for my necro to pick fresh fruit from daily.

Scotty
'Me not that kind of Orc' - lazy peon
Quote:Our friend the Iron Golem now benefits from the chance to cast on striking or being struck spells on the items that he is created from.

AFAIK, IG did this before as well. I remember a friend telling me about making his IG out of hawanin's armor(10% static field on being struck). He said it was fairly useful.

Hijack:

Q: Does an IG give an aura when created by an item that has an always on aura?

Example: Beast runeword hammer-- lvl 9 fanat when equipped.
Do they go off with the %chance to cast on death when they die, and/or when they are unsummoned? Also, do those work on hirelings? Either of those being the case could make that mod go from useless in HC to incredibly dangerous at the least.

-- frink
Having IG following into the next game is a feature that cannot be removed. It increased the effectivness of IG far more than any skill tweaking could do.
Quote:Having IG following into the next game is a feature that cannot be removed. It increased the effectivness of IG far more than any skill tweaking could do.

In the same vein as having persistent mercenaries with the move from D2classic to Lord of Destruction. Persistent mercenaries provided a new aspect of the game to explore and enjoy.

I have a feeling that IG's inability to remain persistent is a bug, not intentional; rather like the mistaken nerfing of Zeal back to its 1.07 stupidity, it is a coding "whoopsy" that didn't get caught yet. It is my fervent belief (backed with threatening gestures and unsubtle profanity) that both of these "bugs", along with others that have been dealt with before, will be addressed without argument.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Iron Golem not following you between games is an acknowledged bug that will be fixed.

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?F...unt=68#post9485