A few observations on a Paladin
So I stroll along with a paladin to the Frigid Highlands in Act 5 Hell. Eldritch comes along and he's CE/LE. Apparently, Holy Freeze now triggers the sparks from LEBs(Did it do that before?) Yes, you heard me, each "hit" from Holy Freeze counts as an actual physical attack(even though it did no damage to him) Maybe I missed looking at something, and HF now does actual damage(then again, he was CI, so no way to tell for sure), so it needs a "hit"

Anyway, point 2: LEBS CAN TRANSMIT THEIR SHOCKS TO THEIR MINIONS. All of Eldritch's minions caused lightning sparks when they hit me. Maybe this is Blizzard's way of giving the monsters "synergies" of their own...
Actually, yes, Holy Freeze does cause cold damage in its radius. All the elemental auras do damage and give +elemental damage to your weapon, now. And from what I've read, and experienced myself, the bosses transmit their special hit effects to all their minions.

At least the minions don't let out charged bolts when you hit them, too.
"Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him .... (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good).....A super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis."
Quote:At least the minions don't let out charged bolts when you hit them, too

That would be scary! O.o

I wish they'd let LEBs cast Nova/Static when they died instead of sparking though. That would put them in the same league as their FE/CE counterparts(except that high level FE mobs get an insanely large radius for their Corpse Explosion.) :)
I know that Fire Enchanted monsters are supposed to do a corpse explosion... But, oddly enough, I have not once taken noticable damage. And I play several assassins, so I'm reasonably sure I was close enough to get hurt, if I was close enough to use Tiger Strike. Any reason? Or have I just gotten lucky so far?
"Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him .... (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good).....A super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis."
Probably resistances? I know that my mercs in 1.09 take VISIBLE damage from FEs doing their death explosion. And they're usually higher in resist than my main character. O.o
I don't think it's my resistances. I've never really worried about finding resist gear on any of my characters, actually. It would probably explain the difficulty my level 38 barbarian has with Normal Diablo, though. I haven't played Nightmare a whole lot... Could it just be that Normal difficulty fire enchants have too small a radius, or something along those lines?
Well, on my 17 inch monitor on 800*600 resolution, Colenzo's explosion had a range of at least 1.5 to 2 inches. About 3.3 yards? IIRC, the CE is cast at about 1/4 of the monster's level? So Colenzo being about level 40 would have a level 10 CExplosion?

Anybody want to clarify?

Edit: According to Arreat Summit:

Fire Enchanted:

Fire Minimum Damage: +(Minimum Damage)
Fire Maximum Damage: +(Maximum Damage)
Chance to Hit: x2
Fire Resist: 75%
If dead, does damage of 75%-100% of max hit points, in a radius of 4 yards

If memory serves, each "tile"(amount of space taken by 1 gold/item) is about 0.6 yards, or about 6 feet. 4 yards=4*9=36 feet. So FE monsters have a range of about 6 tiles in each direction?