Multiple triumphant items multiplying mana returns
Restarted my elemental druid after deciding to change the skill plan. Gave him a few items with the intent to give him the rest when he reached high enough level. The original was only lvl26 with act 4 cleared, so I didn't feel too bad about it. Been blazing through the game with insane speed on players 4, and just played it off as my imagination to see my mana bar jump to full after every kill. Fissure kills a lot of creatures, right? But then, Molten boulder was giving me more mana than it cost to cast...

Victorious club, +4 per kill (From original druid. But, i kept all of his attack skills at lvl1 planning to get hurricane and armageddon. This druid is pumping skills like crazy, so he's killing much faster.)
Triumphant ring, +1 per kill

Mana gained per kill: About 30.

With just the ring, my mana jumped from 2 to 8... so i'm getting 5-6 mana per kill, which would coencide with 30 per kill.

Needless to say, I'm not using a whole lot of mana potions...

So, i decided to do some testing in the blood moor in a new game. First thing was to turndown /players to 1, to see if the amount of players was increasing it. Nope.

It appears that, individually, triumphant items give the proper amount of mana. The +4 club gives 4 per kill, the ring +1, together... +10.

With 2 triumphant rings, 6-7 With two rings and the club for a total of 6 per kill, 18.

What the hell?

Ok, closer look at killing with club and ring...15 per kill. Closer look at killing with just one ring, 3.

That makes more sense.

What doesn't make sense is... the first couple of monsters I killed gave the right mana return.

So, i decided it must be an issue of multiple items being equipped making a permanent change in mana gains for the duration of the game.

Remove the club, New game. Correct mana value per kill (1.) Re-equip ring several times to see if that would give the bug. Nada.

Remove ring, equip club. Same thing, proper mana value (4.)

Equip both, 10 mana, twice the value that I had. Equip all 3, and get 18 mana, three times the value of what I had.

Stripping down to only one mana per kill and punching things out, I now get 3 mana per kill.

So, from the math, multiple mana per kill items are being added together, then a +100% multiplier is being added to the total. This bugged multiplier does not go away until you start a new game. Now, what I don't understand is why in the original game I was getting six times the amount of mana I should. I only ever used one ring and the club in that game. But, I did -die- at one point. When I began testing this, I had a hunch that that might have caused it. So, went off and died an inglorious death, looted my corpse, and... bing, 30 mana per kill with 3 items. All of the items' values multiplied by two. Curiously, i died again.

After that death, I gained 42 mana per kill with all items equipped. A gain of only 12, but still a gain. Died again, 54 per kill. 62, my maximum mana, was obtained on the next death. So, it keeps growing...

Started a new game with only one item equipped, died, looted corpse, and it worked properly. So, multiple items start the multiplying bug, and looting your corpse after dying further increases it.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Make sure you send this in as a bug report. Good analysis that should point to just where in the code the problem is.
Copied my post pretty much when I emailed it with save files and the log. Aye, game(balance)breaking bug that needs to be fixed.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Awesome bug finding, Pren. Nice job!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Imagine if you'd had a set of caster crafted equipment. O_o
consider mana regen, how much time was in between when u checked ur mana?
Uhm, had the character sheet open while doing it.

You don't regenerate 64 mana in 1/10th of a second with 120 mana. /bonk
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Hmmm. my browser doesn't seem to understand the /bonk tag :P
Probably a good thing. The last thing we need is a ton of little broswers running around after the event. :unsure:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
ROFL :lol:
I tested out crushing blow today to confirm that it is like this bug. It is.

I tested with Guillame's Face, Rattlecage, and Goblin Toes, also I equipped Cranium Basher during the dying part. At first, attacking a A1/Hell zombie (50% phys resist) on players 8 with my fists, I did 10% or less damage with the first hit. After dying and recovering my body over 20 times, I did around 80% damage with the first hit. If I hit a fallen, with only 15% physical resist, I'd do around 95%. With ranged attacks, or Blade Fury, I'd do about 55% damage to the zombie, or 75% to the fallen. This kind of huge increase from dying repeatedly clearly shows that this bug is based upon the same basic problem as the +mana per kill bug.

- Dagni
Thank god, with it effecting vulpine and crushing blow, can we stop calling it the 'tir' bug? Good testing!

Wait, I mean, dear god, this needs to be fixed....
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)