Merc barbarian's onscreen damage inconsistencies
Not sure if this is a bug in the displayed damage or something.

But I tried this:

Mercenary Barbarian (Act V):
Level: 51
Str: 156 (include items)
Dex: 87

Now I bought 2 items from the vendor and tested equipping it on the barbarian to see which one would be more damaging.
1) Cruel Dimensional Blade +258% dmg (wpn listed dmg: 50-128)
2) Master's Great Sword of Swiftness +181AR, +124% dmg, 30% IAS (wpn listed dmg: 58-96)

When equipped with the higher dmg wpn (1), the merc barb's onscreen displayed damage is 215-424.
But when equipped with the lower dmg wpn (2), the displayed onscreen damage is 309-463.

Obviously, the higher (average) damage weapon is the Cruel Dimensional Blade (although it's just 8 points lower min-dmg than the Great Sword, it is 32 points higher dmg on the max-dmg). But I don't get it why the onscreen character dmg is very much higher with the Master's Great Sword of Swiftness than when equipped with the higher dmg Cruel Dimensional Blade.

So which weapons should I make the merc barb use -- I'm not sure if the Dimensional Blade is really higher damage in this case due to the lower onscreen displayed damage.
Quote:I believe (but don't quote me on this :P ) that it is because the great sword is two handed, so it counts it twice in the screen, but I am not sure about in the game.

Oh, and... Quoth: Me
So, any idea which weapon I should let my merc barb use to do more damage?