Character Saves?
I, like the vast majority of us, just finished downloading the 1.10 beta.

My problem is I do not often delve into Single Player, so my highest character is level 10. I am wondering if its possible to get saved characters from a reliable source. I understand this is an akward question, and if it is viewed as cheating, please promptly delete this post and accept my humble apology.

Curiosity is killing the cat, and I'm dieing to play around in hell mode. Or anything past act 1 normal. :). I am in a bit of a time crunch with work, and my free time is divided up already. I fear I won't leave normal mode before 1.10 comes out (which in itself is not a horrible fortune) but a taste of what Hell mode has in store is a rather enticing thought.

I'm not asking to get a hack program to make a character, rather asking if there is a database out there of legit saved chars.

Perhaps I should just do it the "hard" *ahem* normal way? I apologize again for wasting anyones time (and forum space) with such a horrible post.
...from here. Even though some of the chars are twinked, all items are legit.
I don't think it's considered cheating around here unless it's on Battle.net...right? Especially since we're just testing out the new patch.
Right, there really isn't any cheating going on when you're just testing things out in single player or in a multiplayer environment where everyone agrees and is doing the same thing.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Personally, I view cheating in video games no different then other games. Is it cheating to look through the deck in solitaire? Nope. Is it cheating in poker? Yep.

I've generally found it odd that people who wouldn't cheat in a board game don't see any problem cheating in online games. Probably some kind of disassociation issue, since they don't "see" the person they're cheating against. Or just possibly since a 'computer game' is viewed as something different than just a 'game' played on a 'computer'. It'd be an interesting research study - have one group of players who never met each other play together, and have another group that meet for five minutes (not enough to bond) but play sequestered from each other. Then introduce an easy cheat and see how many of each group would do it.

Anyway, to be more on topic - in single player situations, the only person you can cheat is yourself. If you want to do something to see what happens, there's no harm. And since you might not be able to import your character into the 1.10 final, why waste the time. You might just get to Act 5 nightmare and have to start over again.

(Pretty refrained for a Mac user who can't even try it yet, don't you think? Not overly petty though - it's obviously a special build to prevent battle.net, and probably rushed out to quell the 'Since those guys left, are they going to cancel the patch?' rumors. They'd need to test the build to make sure it doesn't do anything weird before they release it, and since we know they don't have many QA testers they could only do one a time.)
that link doesn't work...
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
As much as I hate to refer to diabloii.net, they do have a nice little zip file here that has unskilled level 99 characters in each class, as well as item mules containing all of the new uniques and such for your viewing pleasure. Not much that you can do with them other than that, though, so I don't see the harm in downloading and playing around.

I know this isn't exactly what you were looking for, but I thought it was worth sharing anyways. Enjoy. :)
Caes