The little 'puter that could...
I am now officially ticked.

350w ATX power supply from Pricewatch.com: $11
350w ATX power supply locally: $55

Uh, wtf?

I really need a credit card...

- WL
Get one of your friends with a credit card to order it for you from pricewatch and pay him back the cost and S/H. That's usually what I do when I need to order something online.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
350w ATX power supply from Pricewatch.com: $11
350w ATX power supply locally: $55

Actually, US$11-55 sounds about right for the price range between a really cheap power supply, and a middle-of-the-road decent power supply.

Of course, that's not saying that your local dealer isn't selling really cheap power supplies for $55. :)
Check their prices on other items to see if they are charging excessively on everything.

You could expect to pay even more for a PC Power & Cooling PS, which starts getting in to the low end of the high quality stuff.

Since a defective PS can fry the more expensive parts of a 'puter, it is probably worth spending a bit more than $11 to get something that is less likely to mess up. I normally use the middle-of-the-road stuff, and have found that to be better than 99% reliable over the life of the system. (Over 2,000 systems, less than 20 PS failures.)

-rcv-
Looking at your topic title here's my thought:

"She's gone from suck to blow!"
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
11 dollars? Don't get it, something sounds fishy :P

Personally, I'd recommend getting a high quality one (like Antec's TruePower models). It costs more, but it'll last alot longer, be quieter, and be more stable.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!