New to the Forum!
Hey All!

I'm new to this forum and wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been playing for about two years and have been playing HC for most of that. I also play completely untwinked. To date I have yet to get a HC character through HELL lvl. But I am right on the edge. My latest - an Amazon - Has just arrived in the Bloody Foothills. I know that sound pathetic after two years and just now getting a char. this far but it was not from lack of trying. I refuse to use anything that I did not find with the char. I am building at the time. I have no mules.

And to tell the truth I didn't think my Amazon would make it this far. I made some bad skill point placements early in the game. But about 4 days ago I was moving through the Catacombs and a Rat Man dropped the Holy Grail - a Buriza! Since then I have been on full throttle. I have read about this bow since I began "Lurking" on the forums and have wished for one since I started this char. Now I see what all the fuss was about.

Tonight I plan to finish off Baal. Anyone have any advice for HELL Ancients?

Rachelle
For start, welcome to the lounge.

Secondly, advice for hell ancients? Hmm... how about running away from them as fast as you can?
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Quote:advice for hell ancients? Hmm... how about running away from them as fast as you can?

Can I quote you on that one? (As in add to my hall of quotes page that I haven't put up yet so it is just on the back of a folder from my industrial arts class until I do get the page up)

Anyway... Salutations.
Welcome to the Lurker Lounge, Rachelle!

First of all, I don't think there's anything wrong with playing for two years and never finishing a Hardcore character untwinked. Hardcore untwinked is the most chalenging mode of play, and I would bet that many Hardcore players have never done it. You definitely have nothing to feel bad about.

As for The Ancients: How's your Guided Arrow? It's a bit cheesy, and therefore unappealing to many, but I usually run around for a while trying to avoid them, and flip a Guided Arrow back over my shoulder whenever I get a few steps ahead of them. Increased run/walk speed helps. If any of them are Lightning Enchanted, don't forget your Slow Missiles. Any Immune to Physical (hopefully no more than one) will have to wait until last, as you'll need to hit him with Immo or Freezing or something. Some would recommend Fire Arrow, while others consider that exploiting a bug, so that's one's up to you.

Good Luck!!

Orbert
Liza Bow 83, Polgara Tri-Sorc 82, Jane Jav 81, Kathryne Sassy 79, Bellina Xbow 78
Alfredo AxeBarb 81, Bob Pal 80, Zachary Necro 78, Merrick Werewolf 78

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Welcome,

I used to play a HC Trapsin...no twink...it was tough, but very fun. It kept me on my toes. For the Hell Ancients...I never soloed them. I tried once, with another character...a IG/Spirit/IM/AD necro, but that didn't work too well. I played in a party when I beat the hell Ancients, and that would be my advice.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Doesn't slow missiles make the bolts invisable?
Rachelle,Jul 3 2003, 12:18 PM Wrote:Tonight I plan to finish off Baal. Anyone have any advice for HELL Ancients?
Hell Ancients is a very tough fight, especially for a solo bowie

Could you tell us a bit more about your set-up? (if it's not already too late)
Obi1.10Kenobi,Jul 3 2003, 04:46 PM Wrote:Can I quote you on that one?
No problem :)

Also, if you are not going to solo them and feel a little cheesy (not remendously though) find a summoner who can go to hell cows, while you go and find the Arreat Summit while he gets his army of revived cows and then attack the ancients together, the summoner's cows may not be much of damage dealers but they should be enough to let you live until you kick their asses.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"