Finding Nemo
I saw it recently. And it was just great. Better then Monster's Inc. A true Pixar gem.

I strongly recommend everyone go and see it.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
Well, that and T3. I hear T3 ROCKS! I mean TOTALLY ROCKS. We'll see. :P

BTW - Ice Age is the best movie ever. :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I don't know, Roland. There was a time in my life when hearing that T3 is coming out would have made me salivate with excitement. My reaction since seeing trailers and teasers earlier this year has been "ho hum" throughout.

Too much time has passed, and too many other great sci-fi series have stolen its thunder (read: Matrix).

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
It wasn't quite the "OMG SO AWESOME I NEED NEW PANTS" experience that it was hyped to be, but the ending by itself saved the movie. The last few minutes were just hair-raisingly awesome.

I hope there isn't a T4. The ending of T3 is sublime. It's inevitable that it ends the series.

- WL
Well I guess I will find out tomorrow when I go to see T3 with my brother during the day.

I have been avoiding seeing all of the trailers that they have been showing to promote T3 on TV and in Theaters.
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
T3... Mmmm..........

I'm headed out to see it tonight, to be honest with a bit of trepidation. I've seen good movies spawn bad sequels in the past, and really hope they don't screw up the Trilogy with this one. Guess I'll find out in a couple hours. B)

I still remember back in highschool when a few friends of mine and I commented on how "today is judgement day". Needless to say, nothing happened.
See you in Town,
-Z
"Finding Nemo" entertains the kids, while giving the adults some pretty good laughs as well. Not to give too much away, but there's very little if any saccharine moments in it. I'm actually surprised at some of the mature humour they got away with. This is the only kids movie so far that pulled off an AA type meeting joke successfully. Hell I think this is the -only- kids movie with an AA joke in it. But I'm definitely not complaining.

A few people complained that the rendering of the human figures are lacking, especially in comparison to how well they did the marine creatures. I have a slightly different interpretation and guess. I think the Pixar crew did that deliberately. In here the humans are the caricatures, while the fishes are the real characters.
The Australasian release of T3 is still two weeks away and IIRC the UK release another two weeks after that, so I'm sure I speak for many in requesting people take care and tag posts for "spoilers" if you are posting about T3. B) I would nomally avoid a T3 thread until I've seen it, but a Finding Nemo thread might have me stumbling across something I didn't want to know.

- Thanks. :)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
My thoughts exactly, Bolty.
WWBBD?
I am nnot going to see any movies this summer at all. All of them, I think, are crappy sequels to crappy movies (read Charlie's Angels and Bad Boys II). I am personally sick of all these action movies with chase scenes and explosions and greater explosions. I want a movie that makes me think. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these "artsy-fartsy" elitest independent film people. I like a good action flick once in a while, but there's just too damn much of it right now. I eventually will see all these movies when they come out on DVD by renting it from Blockbuster.

No one in Holla-wood has been able to come up with anything worthwhile...at least to me.

-pakman
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
My kids enjoyed Nemo. I did not go, not interested.

T3: Saw it last night. I saw the original when it came out, before it became a cult classic (which was about 3 weeks later) and enjoyed T2.

T3 is a bit different. Still some crazy machines and fights and chases.

Not Really Spoilers.

I think they overdid the car chases is terms of length, but then, so does eveyone nowadays, Matrix reloaded being the most recent egregious example of a ridiculously long car chase.

I enjoyed the presentation of Skynet, what it was, and why it ended up how it ended up.

The guy and girl, human, were pretty well cast. Not too pretty, not too handsome: plenty of imperfection that has to dig deep to deal with those pesky Terminators from the future.

Arnold was in fine form. The Other Terminator was an interesting new face, somewhat short of charm, and a bit over the top on its upgrades. However, considering how awesome the Terminator 2 guy was, I guess this upgrade, the TX, needed even better features. It has them in spades.

All in all, a nice little romp through the Terminator world in Southern california, a few laughs, and an ending that makes sense. I too enjoyed how the ending came together, and no, I will not spoil it.

If you like the other two Terminators, you will enjoy this one as well, it has enough of the old flavor and enough new flavor to please.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete