Under Development: Ulduar
Mo@r vehicle fights!
Quote:Mo@r vehicle fights!
:angry:Blizzard, you suck! These stupid gimmicky vehicle fights have nothing to do with playing our classes. Our mounts are to get us from encounter to encounter, not to be the focus of an encounter because you have a new lego block in your toy box.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Mo@r vehicle fights!

dibs on the hog!!
Quote::angry:Blizzard, you suck! These stupid gimmicky vehicle fights have nothing to do with playing our classes. Our mounts are to get us from encounter to encounter, not to be the focus of an encounter because you have a new lego block in your toy box.

And if you want to add in more vehicle fights how about making sure the ones you already have work properly. I'm sick and tired of getting into a vehicle and having none of the actions work. Especially when the result of such broken-ness equals death. i'm looking at you Sons of Hodir.
It could be fun! Haven't you always wanted to fling someone with a catapult?
Quote::angry:Blizzard, you suck! These stupid gimmicky vehicle fights have nothing to do with playing our classes. Our mounts are to get us from encounter to encounter, not to be the focus of an encounter because you have a new lego block in your toy box.
I have mixed feelings about the vehicle stuff. I think its cool when the vehicle is used to do something we couldn't do without them (mounted air combat), but its way overdone. The quests where you have to use the vehicle to kill the mobs even when you would be better off without it drive me insane. I think more things like p2 Malygos where you can still use your normal abilities in the vehicle would be nice. P3 just proves who the slow learners are in the raid.

As for the hard mode, lets hope that its actually hard mode (3drake Sarth), rather than stack X class mode (5min Malygos, 6min to a lesser extent).
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
I hate P3 Malygos. I hate mounted vehicle combat. I try to move with the group, and if you get a lag spike from all the crap on your screen, you will end up lord knows where.

I'm glad the first encounter gets Voltron out of the way (look closely at the name of the weapons thing they developed it under) and we can go raid for the rest of the time.

Getting shot out of a catapault sounds cool, we will see though.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Vehicles used on the first boss in Ulduar scale with your gear, FYI. Blizz just posted that tidbit, found on mmo-champ.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
I never had issues with the Wyrm quest, and think it's quite possibly the best daily quest ever. If you're dying, you should probably equip a parachute and stack STA:P

I'm looking forward to Ulduar. Fighting bosses with vehicles sounds like a lot of fun; they're already pretty fun in Wintergrasp and Strand of the Ancients:D
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:And if you want to add in more vehicle fights how about making sure the ones you already have work properly. I'm sick and tired of getting into a vehicle and having none of the actions work. Especially when the result of such broken-ness equals death. i'm looking at you Sons of Hodir.

This very likely is one of your add ons getting in the way. If I every have issues with a vehicle, I shut down my add ons and everything works fine.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:I never had issues with the Wyrm quest, and think it's quite possibly the best daily quest ever. If you're dying, you should probably equip a parachute and stack STA:P

I'm looking forward to Ulduar. Fighting bosses with vehicles sounds like a lot of fun; they're already pretty fun in Wintergrasp and Strand of the Ancients:D

Equipping a parachute is a good idea, but stacking STA won't matter at the Wyrm hits you based on a percent of your total max HP, not for a set amount.

I am of two minds about the vehicle fights. I do kind of enjoy them, but I play WoW to play as my toon, not as a vehicle of some sort. Also the PvP vehicles are FUN to use, the P3 Malygos drakes are not.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:This very likely is one of your add ons getting in the way. If I every have issues with a vehicle, I shut down my add ons and everything works fine.

I've had issues with them with both add ons turned on as well as all of them turned off. the only thing that resolves it is logging out and back on. There are some vehicle issues that are specific to addons i've found, mostly with targetting. When the action buttons on the vehicles break it's generally when i'm repeatedly using vehicles within a short time such as the SoH drake where it's easy to fail repeatedly or the Grizzly Hills pvp quest with the shredders. very often the second or third shredder will stop responding and i'll have to log out and back in to be able to turn it in. Something just seems to happen where when i get in the vehicle it doesn't properly access the actions of the vehicle and this problem is brought out more often during situations where multiple vehicles are used in relatively rapid succession.

In general i feel that vehicles have a place within the game. When used properly they can add a greater level of cinematic or epic feel to a scenario. When not used properly they just add annoyance and frustration. As far as i'm concerned all the "cinematic scope" which is created on the SoH drake fight is wasted by the fact that it is very easy to fail the quest repeatedly. If you are going to design a quest to be a cinematic experience then you need to go much more lax on the difficulty or a trigger finger response requirement for success. The Storm Peaks quest leading to Thorim is a good example of this. There is really no chance of failure as you are chaining from drake to drake and taking out their riders. It's also a total success as a cinematic experience. (coincedentally it's technically not a vehicle fight either if i recall.)

To Blizzard: Decide what experience you want to offer with vehicles, Cinematic or Challange. You can't offer both at the same time. Any real challange will inherantly ruin the cinematic feel as the player will be repeatedly failing and having to do the same thing over and over.
Vehicle fights is a lame cop-out. They are OK occasionally, but don't make them for boss fights -- we have our OWN abilities we want to use.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:In general i feel that vehicles have a place within the game. When used properly they can add a greater level of cinematic or epic feel to a scenario. When not used properly they just add annoyance and frustration. As far as i'm concerned all the "cinematic scope" which is created on the SoH drake fight is wasted by the fact that it is very easy to fail the quest repeatedly. If you are going to design a quest to be a cinematic experience then you need to go much more lax on the difficulty or a trigger finger response requirement for success. The Storm Peaks quest leading to Thorim is a good example of this. There is really no chance of failure as you are chaining from drake to drake and taking out their riders. It's also a total success as a cinematic experience. (coincedentally it's technically not a vehicle fight either if i recall.)
It is funny that you mention those two in that the SoH drake one I love and would hate to see it made easier whereas the chaining one you mentioned I thought was a pain in a butt and had some problems with (like chaining to a drake somebody else was on...then they chain away and the drake disappears making you fall). I much much prefer the SoH drake quest. It is probably my favorite quest in the game.
I don't think it's worth getting riled up about the vehicle fight(s). Apparently the one they mention in the preview is one of the only ones in the raid instance. If the whole place were non-stop vehicular manslaughter (or titanslaughter, as the case may be) then yeah, it might be worth complaining about. As it stands, I'm going to save my annoyance for the proposed class changes.

For what it's worth, I don't mind the vehicular fights. Only done Malygos a handful of times though... maybe it gets boring?
The only issue I've ever had with the vehicle fights was targeting myself, and auto self-cast fixed that. Everything else worked fine. I'd be looking at addons, actually, especially action bar ones. (I don't use any of those, and haven't had any issues with vehicles other than the above that x-perl caused.)
--Mav
Quote:Vehicle fights is a lame cop-out. They are OK occasionally, but don't make them for boss fights -- we have our OWN abilities we want to use.

How else would you propose fighting a massive, living tank? I don't swords and fireballs are gonna have an effect on six inches of steel plating:P
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Quote:How else would you propose fighting a massive, living tank? I don't swords and fireballs are gonna have an effect on six inches of steel plating:P

Oh. Thats why I keep getting ouchies. My plate is only 2.5 inches thick. TIGA! I needz mo@r plating!
Quote:Oh. Thats why I keep getting ouchies. My plate is only 2.5 inches thick. TIGA! I needz mo@r plating!

2.5 inch steel plate armor would probably weigh in at two or three hundred pounds ;P
Well, all those Strength bonuses have to count for something.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk